• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why I think HG/SS won't meet it's expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Oh dang. HE'S RIGHT! Game Freak is repelling new fans away while drawing in the old time pokemon fans, i.e. EVERYONE ON THE FORUM! They don't give a damn (am I allowed to say that) about new fans, they just care about us Red and Gold hardcores. I think...

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Oh dang. HE'S RIGHT! Game Freak is repelling new fans away while drawing in the old time pokemon fans, i.e. EVERYONE ON THE FORUM! They don't give a damn (am I allowed to say that) about new fans, they just care about us Red and Gold hardcores. I think...
    If they cared about only us then they'd get rid of the damn tutorials. I think they've just got lazy... or dumb.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    That was the example you chose to fight me on, and in that specific area it was only a little simpler.

no
    I'm pretty sure it's the other way around
    You responded to my foment on the pockets
    I responded to the entire post

------

They've done nothing but added features, features you can completely ignore if you chose, As a matter of fact, you aren't being forced to play the game

Go play the originals, you won't have to suffer through such dreadfully complex features

Problem solved

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    no
    I'm pretty sure it's the other way around
    You responded to my foment on the pockets
    I responded to the entire post

------

They've done nothing but added features, features you can completely ignore if you chose, As a matter of fact, you aren't being forced to play the game

Go play the originals, you won't have to suffer through such dreadfully complex features

Problem solved
    It would, except Nintendo, in their infinite brilliance, gave G/S a clock, so now Saving doesn't work.

Any you were responding to my comment about G/S being more simple.

Years
    Here's the deal.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. You don't have to try to convince us not to buy it too. It's fine to state your opinion, but don't make such a big deal out of it and constantly try to prove other people wrong. Sure a majority of the posters here are disagreeing with you, but what does that mean? It doesn't matter. All you have to do is ignore everything related to HG/SS, and play your old games. And don't complain about the internal battery, or bash Nintendo or Game Freak for adding it. Time has been a integral feature in nearly every Pokémon to date, so it was definitely not a stupid addition.

Enough of this. You're making much more of a big deal than needs to be. So just forget about it altogether.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    It would, except Nintendo, in their infinite brilliance, gave G/S a clock, so now Saving doesn't work.

Any you were responding to my comment about G/S being more simple.

Thats because the game is outdated. Besides, incase you did not know, these "complex" features that you speak of make the game a whole lot easier.

Organized Bag. (IF you think the new bags are complex then I'd love to know how you get thew each day in such a "complex" world)

I met this one kid, he was around the age of eight, and he did not find the game complex at all. Instead he knew the game left right and center. How each one evolves, how each attack effect another, how to catch special pokemon, ect... Now if you or anyone find the game too complex I sugest seeing a doctor.

There is nothing wrong with having more to learn, in fact that makes things more fun. It adds to the excitment of the game.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    I kind of understand what you mean. I get the most enjoyment out of the beginning of the game and starting out on my journey, training my first Pokemon etc. I sometimes think that when you get further into the game (in my pinion) it becomes more complicated with more features. However it would be stupid to bring out basically the same game over and over again, so that is why they put in new features. To keep it fresh and attract new fans. As long as they don't go overboard I don't mind - I'm actually looking forward to using the new Pokegear and competing in the Pokethlon, should be interesting if it still feels like the Johto I love.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Thats because the game is outdated. Besides, incase you did not know, these "complex" features that you speak of make the game a whole lot easier.

Organized Bag. (IF you think the new bags are complex then I'd love to know how you get thew each day in such a "complex" world)

I met this one kid, he was around the age of eight, and he did not find the game complex at all. Instead he knew the game left right and center. How each one evolves, how each attack effect another, how to catch special pokemon, ect... Now if you or anyone find the game too complex I sugest seeing a doctor.

There is nothing wrong with having more to learn, in fact that makes things more fun. It adds to the excitment of the game.

I never said the game was complex, I said it wasn't as simple as G/S/C, what can't you get out of that? If I say that one pile of **** doesn't smell as bad as another, would you assume that the one smelled good? NO! So why does this not carry over!?

I kind of understand what you mean. I get the most enjoyment out of the beginning of the game and starting out on my journey, training my first Pokemon etc. I sometimes think that when you get further into the game (in my pinion) it becomes more complicated with more features. However it would be stupid to bring out basically the same game over and over again, so that is why they put in new features. To keep it fresh and attract new fans. As long as they don't go overboard I don't mind - I'm actually looking forward to using the new Pokegear and competing in the Pokethlon, should be interesting if it still feels like the Johto I love.
    I understand that, but just because it needs new features doesn't mean they have to go overboard with it. Which they do.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    I understand that, but just because it needs new features doesn't mean they have to go overboard with it. Which they do.

Things like having so many pointless stupid apps on the Poketch, like ..........a coin tosser? wtf. Thats probably why I like the first 3 gens more than Sinnoh. Even the Hoenn contests were good in my opinion I think gen 3 had more of a balance than gen 4 and I don't know whether I want Johto to be ruined by it. But i remain positive and I have faith in GameFreak that they will make me proud.

Hydrath

Years
    I never said the game was complex, I said it wasn't as simple as G/S/C, what can't you get out of that? If I say that one pile of **** doesn't smell as bad as another, would you assume that the one smelled good? NO! So why does this not carry over!?
    oops, i misunderstood you, before. Sorry about that.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I wasn't going to buy Heart Gold or Soul Silver. One version of Pokemon per gen is enough for me. And I've always got Crystal, what do I need any remakes for? Crystal is already the best Pokemon game ever made (my opinion), why would I need a remake?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    I wasn't going to buy Heart Gold or Soul Silver. One version of Pokemon per gen is enough for me. And I've always got Crystal, what do I need any remakes for? Crystal is already the best Pokemon game ever made (my opinion), why would I need a remake?
    Well, because Crystal's battery is going to die soon, whereas the remakes will run on flash memory, so save data never dies. The clock will, eventually, but not the save data.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    Not trying to speak out of fandom, but what did Gamefreak do that went "overboard"? All that was added is a little minigame center and a female character. The gyms were improved and towns redone. Overboard, would be if they added contests, a Battle Frontier, a battle with your mom, rifles, Team Galactic, Aqua, and Magma, and doughnut flavored pokeballs with a 300% catch rate that allow you to catch and train the SS Anne on sundays. Need I say more?

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    for all we know
    thats not even HALF of what the wanted to add xD;;
    they probably have fun, coming up with wild new ideas, and strange new pokemon

Not trying to speak out of fandom, but what did Gamefreak do that went "overboard"? All that was added is a little minigame center and a female character. The gyms were improved and towns redone. Overboard, would be if they added contests, a Battle Frontier, a battle with your mom, rifles, Team Galactic, Aqua, and Magma, and doughnut flavored pokeballs with a 300% catch rate that allow you to catch and train the SS Anne on sundays. Need I say more?

that sounds awesome in my opinion xDDD;;
    /dead serious

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Well, because Crystal's battery is going to die soon, whereas the remakes will run on flash memory, so save data never dies. The clock will, eventually, but not the save data.

I'm confused, do I buy it, or don't I. Pros and Cons time!

Pros:

New Graphics
    Weird Walking experience thingy...
    I'll have all my Diamond Pokemon right off the get-go
    Same Pokemon gameplay I love
    Kanto nuff' said
    Awesome remixes of all my favourite tunes

Cons:

I've played it before
    I already have Diamond
    Platinum will be cheaper by then
    ROMS of the old game
    I was bored with Fire Red and Leaf Green
    We can clearly see that this is a cash in
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story will probably be better
    Pokemon games are getting a little repetitive, fun, but repetitive

So honestly, I ain't buying it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Well, IMO Poketch or whatever was stupid, VS Seeker was stupid, Running shoes became stupid (You have a bike, for christ's sake), Dark Ball was stupid, Planting berries is stupid, Extra Battle Islands/Areas are stupid, Two different Pokedex is stupid, and so on.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    I'm confused, do I buy it, or don't I. Pros and Cons time!

Pros:

New Graphics
    Weird Walking experience thingy...
    I'll have all my Diamond Pokemon right off the get-go
    Same Pokemon gameplay I love
    Kanto nuff' said
    Awesome remixes of all my favourite tunes

Cons:

I've played it before
    I already have Diamond
    Platinum will be cheaper by then
    ROMS of the old game
    I was bored with Fire Red and Leaf Green
    We can clearly see that this is a cash in
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story will probably be better
    Pokemon games are getting a little repetitive, fun, but repetitive

So honestly, I ain't buying it.
    Good list. Kinda agree with some of those. Basically these games are solely for those who haven't played GS before, veterans who loved the old games and want to play them with updated gameplay mechanics, and those who want to legitimately complete their pokedexes and do not have access to the GBA games/own a DSi. So if you don't want to buy it, it's perfectly okay.

Well, IMO Poketch or whatever was stupid, VS Seeker was stupid, Running shoes became stupid (You have a bike, for christ's sake), Dark Ball was stupid, Planting berries is stupid, Extra Battle Islands/Areas are stupid, Two different Pokedex is stupid, and so on.
    Yes, these things may have not been to everyone's liking, but you didn't need to use/access any of them. They were there for those who like something else to do, or have alternative ways to play their game. It's what makes everyone's gameplay experience vary. If you don't like them you can either A) Don't play them/buy a different game B) Stop playing Pokemon all together C) Go paly outside or D) Stick with the old games and reminisce with your buddies. K?

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

So you don't want them to dumb down, just simplify. That's why there are so many idiots who hate Pokemon. It's just dumb design choices overall. Am I right?

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    IM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK. :D

Boy, do I have a great post for all of you! I wrote this in Microsoft Word in about 10 minutes, and then copy pasted it.

To start off:

Everything is more complex in the new games! Not only have you got normal pokeballs, you have Premiere balls, and dark balls, and cherish balls, and all that crap, and even though those were in Johto to, there were less and they were more easily separated. The bags in the new games have more parts, and were more complex. The old games didn't have as many excess features, so they were less complex.

The first games used a portable system that was sort of big, but decent. The new ones use this huge, dual-screened monster. That's clunky. Constantly switching between button and stylus control schemes? That's awkward, that's clunky. Having a Gameboy with one screen to play a game that only requires one screen? That's clu.... oh, wait, it ISN'T! And neither is completing all the dang tutorials before the second city, something Platinum can't accomplish!

First, it's not simpler when you have to navigate through the flipping pockets just to figure out where your potion is. It's not simpler with pockets at ALL, you crazy loon, it's no longer, do I have space?, it's Where does this go? Do I have space in that pocket?, which is more complicated.

You do know that separate pockets make it easier to get items, right? Another thing, does it affect you THAT much that new poke balls have been made? I mean, its [censored] optional to buy them!!! You don't need to have them.

Apparently you state that your 15, but if If you find it complex shifting between different parts in a Pokemon bag which organizes all of your items which makes it EASIER to FIND and USE them, What are you, 5?

The bag was made that way so it's EASIER to find the items you NEED depending on the SITUATION. If your Pokemon is low on health, and you need a Hyper Potion, where do you go? Oh, yeah!! The medicine Pocket!! Is that SO annoying for you? Grow up, dude.

I mean seriously, you do realize that the old bags had LESS space and organization than the ones used today, even though they were simple?

I'm not even going to talk about how you think the DS is clunky, because that would lead me to insult you about your level of intelligence and comprehension, and I'm way more mature than that.

SMGKururu said:
    It's partly I don't like the DS being so friggin big.

Hey, if you don't like how the DS handles. Play the games on an emulator, much easier and less CLUNKY, no? Unless you think playing with your mouse and keyboard is annoying, if so, I don't know what to say to you.

SMGKururu said:
    And here's a crazy idea, um, how about, maybe, making the tutorials optional???!!

Dude, they last, what? 2 to 5 minutes? Are you that [censored] impatient??!? I can't imagine you in a real life situation when learning new things.

Umm... Nintendo probably forces GameFreak to sign contracts to 1. make more games on Nintendo's demands and 2. Give most of the profit to Nintendo.

Hmm…can I ask you a question? Has there been any other studio that has made the Pokemon hand held games? I don't think so…..If I'm not mistaken, Game Freak's contract with Nintendo has probably lasted since the FIRST POKEMON GAMES. As for profit, how do you know? Do you work for Nintendo? Do you speak to the CEO of Nintendo about his Pokemon deals? No, right? Then I suggest you stfu when it comes to profit and what costs to make these games, because its irrelevant to your original post. This is about HG/SS, not about Nintendo's contracts with Gamefreak.

Still, they're probably forced to make more games by their publisher (That's nintendo) just as Music Artists are forced to make more music by their labels.

Not really. I don't think Gamefreak is forced to do it. Actually, I believe they enjoy it. I mean, they have to have a pretty good [censored] reason if they have been making the Pokemon games for Nintendo since 1995 and that reason is most likely…oh, yeah….money!!!

I can tell your young and don't follow the music industry, because I listen and know of plenty of artists who leave Record Companies and go Independent when it comes to record deals, and its usually because of something they can't agree on.

Seeing as how Nintendo and Game Freak have been working since NINETEEN NINETY FIVE, I don't think they have reached to the point where they both disagree and we certainly haven't seen anything about Gamefreak leaving.

Wow.

I never said it was difficult or confusing, ***tard, I was proving the point. Yes, G/S/C is simpler, even if by a little, it still is.

You expect us to reply calmly to your posts when your talking to us like this? Swearing through a keyboard doesn't make you tough, even less if it's towards a girl. You don't need to be a [censored] @$$ about it and it sure as hell doesn't make you look like a man.

If they cared about only us then they'd get rid of the damn tutorials. I think they've just got lazy... or dumb.

I said something in my first post, which you probably didn't read, not everyone is a veteran when it comes to Pokemon. I believe I stated they were made for a REASON and that is to show newer gamers and remind those who forgot, how to play.

but just because it needs new features doesn't mean they have to go overboard with it. Which they do.

You know what's funny?

I bet if GameFreak DIDN'T include new features after Generation II, and made all the games up to Platinum with the same features as the Metal games only with improved graphics and newer Pokemon, I bet you'd be complaining about something, even if it's just one thing, instead of what you frequently mentioned in your posts when it comes Generation IV games.

When you have the balls to read all of this and reply like a mature person, I'm going to think If I should actually spare some of my time in replying, so I suggest you think it through. ;)

As for everybody else, feel free to talk to me about anything you disagree with what I said, and I will calmly discuss it with you. :D

Edit:

Vs seeker stupid? LOL!! Are you crazy?!? Do you have any idea how much that helps raise your Pokemon, wheather you have finished your game or not? As for running shoes, let me ask you this: Can you run your bike INSIDE of buildings? No, right? It's a faster way to walk, and let's no forget, you don't have the Bike since the START of the game, and having those shoes...um...HELPS

Seeing as you are a DEVOUT fan of the metal games, and said how simple they where, weren't berries part of those games? Wasn't the system basically the same as today? Except you didn't have to PLANT them, just wait one day?

Extra Battles and areas are stupid? Aren't areas like the Seafoam islands, Dragon's Den, Mt. Silver, Dark Cave and Tin Tower Extra? Which were part of Generation II? How do you expect to collect and raise Pokemon? Using Action Reply? If so, you aren't a true Pokemon gamer.

Dude, come clean. Do you hate Pokemon games in general? Because with that last post you sure as hell think almost EVERY FEATURE included in all the games since Generation III are stupid.

Regional and National Pokedex's help record the Pokemon you HAVE, there is a reason why they were made. You can't expect to have all 493 Pokemon in the same region, can you?

Your contradicting yourself and are starting to sound like a Hypocrite, so I suggest you start thinking the next time you make a post or somebody will reply in worst ways than I already have.

I rest my case. Again.

Last edited:

Hydrath

Years

Tons more to say :D

• Mewtwo clones himself creating Mewthree
    • Team rocket clones Feebas instead of Mews
    • Your mom join Team Rocket,
    • Ditto now can transform into other trainers.
    • Smeargle paints "The Last Super,"OHKO.
    • Obama is the new leader fo team rocket,
    • After Kanto you can travel to the moon and have tea time with Deoxis,
    • Unown now speak French,
    • Pikmin is now a pokemon,
    • Geovani starts a jazz band "The Puffy Persians"
    • Brock pops up every second visit to the PC to flirt with nurse joy.
    • ect...

the list goes on, trust me there is always more ways to overlaod the game with more useless gimmiks then contests and minigames.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back