• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHY YOU MAKE ME ANGRY!?

Years

How do you deal with your anger?

Anger is something that we all experience in our life; some suffer it more, some suffer it less.
    Anything can make us angry, depending on who you are. Crying children, annoying people or even technology not working, there are so many things that cause us to grit our teeth and either try to ignore it or explode in a fit of rage.

What I want to know, is how do you deal with anger?
    Do you handle it well or do you just fail suppressing it and just flip out?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    How do you deal with your anger?: I try my best to hold my anger in, and not to let other people know about it.

Do you handle it well or fail in suppressing it and flip out?: Most of the time, I end up flipping out and that puts me in tears.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I make the one who angered me pay.

I flip out. I do not take any crap, annoy me and you are done for.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    That depends, when I'm really angry, I'll probably injure the person that made me mad.

That also depends.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I don't tend to get angry, especially over big things: life's too short to get massively upset or mad with anything for a long stretch of time, so I just try and act all zen. It's not so much a case of repressing hidden rage, I just don't tend to feel the rage in the first place, as it just leads to negativity.

If I do get angry, it's normally over the tiniest of things like coming in a position that isn't 1st in Mario Kart, (yes, I am that petty) or someone playing music way too loudly while I'm trying to work. For those sorts of instances, I tend to yell and scream for about a minute. If it solves the problem: great! If it doesn't, at least I've vented and can get on with my life. I couldn't imagine repressing all of those sorts of instances... some serious psychological damage would ensue!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't get angry very often because I usually recognize that something is ticking me off and I either stop doing it or avoid the situation until it really gets to me.

When something does get to me, though, I tend to go "urrggghh" and if available, I'll punch a pillow or something. Or scream into a pillow. Lots to do with pillows, I guess. :) I love pillows and they make me feel better. When they aren't available, I probably just simmer and bring everyone's mood down. :(

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I rant. Vent. Big time. Just to a friend. Ask them, "Can I rant?" They're usually cool with it.

Either that, or do something that I enjoy doing, like sleeping and eating. =]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I don't get angry... I just don't.

Occasionally I'll slip... and a few seconds later I realize it, and stop myself from being angry, just like that.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I either vent to my friend (well, not any more), I take it out on the source of anger, or I explode. Either way, I have a noticeable and radioactive blast radius of about 2km. :o

I come from a very neurotic family, so I do not suppress rage easily. In truth, it's actually easier for my to suppress sadness, so I just flip out.

Apparently some people think it's cute when I do that, which disturbs me. xD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    My anger isn't easily initiated. Even when it is initiated, I try to not let it affect my surroundings and the people around me. I try my best to ignore things or people who initiate my anger. I can flip out sometimes, and do things that I wouldn't necessarily do. So, I think I handle my anger fairly well, idk.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'm in control of my anger.

It seriously takes A LOT for me to seriously flip out. Not just a penny outburst of anger that's not my character, but a SERIOUS FLIP OUT where I lose all control and take it out on ANYTHING AT HAND.

As for how I deal with it on a day-to-day basis, I take it pretty well. I typically am not at all easy to anger to start with. Usually if I'm having a bad day, I know it and stay away from things that anger me, and find something entertaining to do. If that isn't possible or practical, I inform/warn people, namely any offenders, politely that I am not exactly rational at the moment; but that is seldom how I word it...that comes off the wrong way.

Usually, I don't skip the warning unless I'm provoked or it's proved useless. Normally I provide a sterner warning before I begin to see red, but once I do see red...I can be quite terrible. Of course seeing red isn't the "SERIOUS FLIP OUT" yet...that is the last stage and fortunately VERY FEW people have ever even seen it or been on the receiving side of it. The few times I've ever been that angry, only a couple of those times I got into any significant amount of trouble, and the remainder of the times were from being angry at something else, and fortunately not at anyone around me, but people still were careful.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    How do you deal with anger?
    I usually try to let it out. My ways of letting the anger out are:
    - I go on Twitter and say why I'm angry and then what ever thoughts I am feeling or thinking at that point.
    - Listen to Music, really loud. The music tracks I would tend to listen to when I'm angry would be P!nk's
    - I speak to someone like my Mum or a friend that is close to me about it.

There have been times where I would fail of keeping my anger in and just hit out at the person that has made me angry, but there are other times IF I have taken my tablets I would be able to hold in the anger.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    How do you deal with anger?
    I suppress it as best I can. I never tell anyone or show it for that matter.

As said above I suppress it, thought I don't think that's handling it well. Since it can cause internal problems.

Years
    I pretty much just keep it to myself.

I keep my anger to myself pretty well, rarely will I outburst.

Years
    I get irritated a lot (especially when I'm tired), but I rarely get outright angry. When I do, my way of venting is usually passive-aggressive slamming of whatever's safe to slam nearby. Usually it's small tools and doors. Sometimes I vent to someone else entirely. I wish I could just talk it out with the person that's angering me but sadly I am not brave enough to do so. Pathetic Sam is pathetic. :(

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
    In most cases; I just take a small break from whatever it was that bugged me off and do something I enjoy or hide away.

Depends on how angry I get; sometimes I can just smile and keep the flipping out in my head; sometimes I get huge attitude on everyone; or I just completely flip out and scream, storm off; etc. Usually this all happen in steps. ;;

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    If I've had a bad day and everything is setting me off, I just go driving and listen to music until I cool off, then I go and rant about it on lj or something and that generally makes me feel better. I don't like staying mad for long.

It depends on who i'm dealing with :P I like to think I can keep my composure, but if someone is being too difficult or starts getting ridiculous and rude, then I flip out :'D my biggest pet peeve is when someone will start yelling at me or fighting with me but once I try and get a word in ~they start the silent treatment~ so I generally will sit there and yell at the person until they choose to respond back (this happens with family only btw, I have yet to find a friend who gets me this mad haha).

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    It's not unusual for me to be annoyed, but I'm very, very rarely genuinely angry at something or someone. There's just not much that can happen to make me that way. Definitely nothing so small as a bad day. In all honesty I feel completely ashamed if I feel angry because I know that I've let something get the better of me.

As for handling it, I bottle it. It's bad enough for me to be angry in the first place but showing it is absolutely out of the question. No-one really wants to listen to someone ranting about why their life sucks and why they hate everything, and I don't want to show that something's got to me so deeply, so I will never give away even a hint of anger.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Anger seems to take over me when there's a stressful situation or something that's sooo annoying. Technology not working also makes me angry sometimes, depending if it's something that I can't fix.

I tend to cool myself down by taking a walk outside, listening to music, or (I miss doing this a lot) rant in front of your cat (they'll listen to you, seriously).

I even write down my rants on a piece of paper or on a Word document.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

As bad as it is, I bottle it up most of the time, I always get yelled at and screamed at if I do ever release it, which just makes it worse.

I'm pretty good at suppressing it, but I sometimes flip out....

Back