• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why your favorite anime sucks

fatmanjumprope

黒雷 神 エネル
Years
  • One Piece

As much as I hate to complain about my much loved One Piece I'll admit it too has it flaws.

For starters
    Filler within non filler. Is it necessary to take 12 episodes to cover 2 manga chapters? I think not! I understand diluting down your anime to allow time for your manga to jump ahead but adding too much water to your milk only gives you watery milk :p

Too many characters
    Waaaay too many characters are introduced at one time in the story. I don't think it's completely necessary to introduce 15 "main" characters in 1 episode if you plan to remove most of them from the story for 200 chapters.

That's all for now :3

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Fairy Tail

-Some seemingly minor battles drag out a long time.
    -The characters have a habit or being 'out of magic' about four times before actually meaning it.
    -MOAR FUSION MAGIC
    -Less comedy episodes (Although there are only a few, they're still annoying to derail the story just for things like the beach episode).

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • Katekyo Hitman Reborn:

-Too many fillers (some were actually funny)
    -Some character development was rushed
    -203 episodes yet they finished when the good arc was going in the manga

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: the endless 8 arch in season 2

Clannad After Story: the ending is confusing to anyone that hasn't played the visual novel or doesn't know about the orb collecting thing. Still 10/10.

Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z: fillers

I have more favourite animes, but I honestly don't see many flaws in them.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Hetalia:
    ~ Five minutes = one episode
    ~ They need more countries
    ~ More characters with magic

Fairy Tail:
    ~ Edolas Mirajane is still the same
    ~ Gajeel needs an Exceed
    ~ Levy's bodyguards are wimpy

Lucky Star:
    ~ Needs more boys
    ~ Needs more otakus

Beelzebub:
    ~ NEEDS MORE MOE

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Dragon Ball Z, my all time favorite:
    Too many fillers, ironically because the anime release rubbed up against the manga release. Seriously, everyone do yourselves a favor and read the manga.
    Air Gear
    Eden of the East
    Ending was cut short or the Anime was cancelled. Not sure.
    Watch the movie "The King of Eden" and then "Paradise Lost", that's where you'll find the full ending.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Angel Beats:

-Otonashi's real memories just wrapped up too much for me, like it was just too perfect to be realistic (lol realism in a show about Limbo) and I found it cheesy.
    -Iwasawa left too soon ;___;
    -Yui was super annoying.
    -I feel like they would have been better off not trying to describe how things worked and how they could make things in that world and such. It just confused me and made it hard to follow.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Sailor Moon:
    ♦Too much changed or left out from the manga
    ♦Not much character development
    ♦Monster of the day episodes makes up a majority of every season
    ♦Seriously, you could probably cut it from 200 episodes to 75ish plot related episodes
    ♦Sailor Saturn got like 5 episodes
    ♦SuperS was too Chibiusa focused
    ♦SuperS had so much room for character development with the Inners
    ♦SuperS should have had the Outers like in the Manga
    ♦No Planet Powers for the Inner Soldiers
    ♦No Eternal forms for anyone except Sailor Moon
    ♦No Crystal henshin sequence for the Outers, no sequence at all for Saturn
    ♦Saturn didn't appear until the last few episodes after growing up
    ♦Not enough Outers in StarS
    ♦The Starlights genders
    ♦UsagiXSeiya isn't canon ;;

SevenShirokami

Cosmo of Light and Dark
    Years
  • Let's see....in no particular order:

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle:
    -Left an open ending, as though the series is unfinished. Like, three episodes at most away from how it actually ended.
    -Strayed rather far from the manga for some parts.

Chobits:
    -Ending not quite like the manga. (But only until the last minute or so, when suddenly it becomes the correct ending. I was almost very very mad.)
    -Strayed from the manga at some parts.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni:
    -COMPLETELY OPEN FREAKING ENDING! The anime ended in 2009! Is there a season two? NOT YET!! Will there be a season two? THERE BETTER BE!!
    -The gore was censored! (although, whilst reading the manga, that might be a GOOD thing...)

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni:
    -It...it's still not over yet. Even though the ending was wrapped up quite QUITE nicely, they have a fourth season/second OVA series! D: why can't they just live in peace already?
    -Never really find out if Satoshi is okay or not.
    -Never find out if there is a cure for Hinamizawa Syndrome.
    -The English voice for Rena is freaking IRRITATING. (Female English voice actors for the girly characters is often a major turnoff for me.)
    -Didn't have an anime form of the Demon Exposing Arc! That's one of my favorite manga arcs...

Clannad:
    -Too sad.
    -Too sad.
    -Too sad!
    -And yet, it's funny as well. I was laughing with tears in my eyes at one point.
    -Of course, this and the above aren't reasons why it may be disliked. Clannad is.... I mean, the reason it's my favorite anime is exactly BECAUSE I was laughing right after crying at one part. It really gets in touch with your emotions and really leaves you thinking, you know?

CardCaptor Sakura (US: Cardcaptors)
    -English dub was done by 4Kids! (Automatically means it sucks pretty badly compared to the Japanese dub)
    -WAY too many cards. Compared to the original 19 or so cards in the manga, the anime has 40-something! Stick to the manga people!
    -Strayed from the manga quite a lot, but only because there were so many cards.
    -The English dub only aired to a few episodes into the third season, I think (either that or about halfway through the second.) Every episode and both movies were dubbed, just not released.

Angel Beats!:
    -Totally lighthearted and funny....until you reach episode 10. Then it gets to be a real tear jerker.

xxxHolic:
    -I...I'm gonna come right out and admit I've only seen the first episode and the movie (but I've read most of the manga, and it's one of my favorites)...but....but this anime is really freaking...trippy....like, Watanuki's movements are...really...ah...exagerated? and....really really...weird....yet....I love the anime!

Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess):
    -It doesn't really follow the manga as well as it could.

Pokemon:
    -...Come on. Let's all be mature here and admit that, after they got rid of Misty and went to Hoenn, the anime started...lacking.
    -Ash is STILL ten.
    -Pikachu lost to a level 5-10 Snivy!! When it should be, like, level 9000!
    -Ash is still the main character.
    -Team Rocket got old.
    -Brock stuck around way too long.
    (Although I will admit that I still love every episode up until they left Johto.)

Hetalia: Axis Powers:
    -....wait, no. I'll be totally honest and say I find nothing wrong with this anime.
    -Oh, wait. America is irritating.

I feel really really mature that I was able to admit all that. :D

Last edited:

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • Utena....

*Zettai, unmei, mokushiok--WTF IS THIS MUSIC?! (I love it, but, it is kinda.....wtf? at first. lol)
    *Touga's eye-hair.
    *The movie (Loved that too, but, again, kinda wtf? everywhere)

DBZ...
    *FILLER FIGHTS.
    *American editing. Oh lordy....
    *Goten gets SS status by....accident? At home, with Chi-chi of all people. Whereas, Goku and Vegeta had to go through their own personal hells to get there.
    *MOAR BRIAN DRUMMOND PLEZ.

:P

Back