• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Wi-Fi

So what do you think then?

• Yes Great!

Votes: 35 100.0%
  • Don't really care...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Do you find Wi-Fi useful? Please state why you feel that way about it. I personally think that DPPt would just be shambles without it.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Wifi is the single best thing that could have happened to pokemon:

A) The GTS, makes catching that annoyingly high number of pokemon significantly easier
    B) Wifi trading, makes shiny collecting a viable prospect
    C) Wifi battling, adds depth where the shallow single player game falls short

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I definitely wouldn't have gotten back in pokemon without wifi. I probably wouldn't even be here if it weren't for wifi battling and trading ^_^

Jr. Berry Master

What me worry?
    Years
    WiFi is a fantastic addition to the world of pokemon.
    The primary reason I like it is that it provides a route to collect pokemon that I would not otherwise ever get my hands on.

Years
    I definitely wouldn't have gotten back in pokemon without wifi. I probably wouldn't even be here if it weren't for wifi battling and trading ^_^

Same here. I practically stopped playing Pokemon games after Sapphire because I was bored of them. Also, everyone around me stopped playing the games as well so I basically had no opponents to battle until Wi-fi came around.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Well, Wi-Fi is a wonerful thing, and without it, I would've never joined Pokécommunity; specially because people around me don't like Pokémon, so I had no one to play, and also because I make new friends with the games.ç

Short story long: Pokémon is not the same without Wi-Fi!

BattleBeastEXP

Competitive Double Battler
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I think it's great. It gives players a chance to really work out the competitiveness of Pokémon. so I'd say Pokémon really needed Wi-Fi to be really good.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Wifi is probably one of the reasons to why D/P and Platinum has been so successful, without that people wouldn't really bother buying it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Pokemon + Wi-Fi = a match made in heaven.

Seriously, it completely revolutionized the game. Pokemon has always been advertised with a focus on interaction with other people, and now we can do so with the entire world. Of course it's going to be game-breaking (no pun intended).

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Before I joined PC, I enjoyed my Diamond game but hadn't finished it - in fact, I'd only got as far as the first gym! I restarted and finished it - then I started trading, and I've met so many awesome people and done some great trades and deals, it's made the whole Pokémon experience more engaging and entertaining. I hope that Wi-Fi is something Nintendo keeps hold of, and it doesn't drop out of any future pokemon games *not that I think it will*.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I find it very useful since I don't have all versions of Pokemon (meaning I don't have Diamond) and certain pokemon can be founded in that game, with wifi I was able to get those pokemon. Also I came across a lot of shiny Pokemon on wifi that I was even shocked to get

:t354:TG

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    The wi-fi is awesome in D/P, but its going to be much better when Platinum comes out!!! ^_^

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    ITS GREAT
    the global trade station XDD i once put up a cloned jirachi lv100 for a magikarp and it was gone in less than 1min

~SHADOW MAGIKARP

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back