• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Wich is the best starter?...

Which is the best starter for R/B

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I've got Blue,Crystal,and ruby but which is the best starter for Blue? just wondering what you think it is...

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    For Red/Blue, it's definitely Bulbasaur. At least if you're a battle-minded person. With an advantage over Rock, Ground and Water types, it breezes through Brock and Misty. As for against Lt.Surge, Electric moves don't hurt Grass types much. And by the time you reach the other Gym Leaders, you'll probably have other Pok?mon to handle them.

steel_skarmory

Ph33r t3h houndoom
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 25, 2005
    I voted Charmander. That's what I usually start with. I do so because it is easy to find strong poke'mon of other types. Cause there aren't too many strong fire poke'mon out there (in R/B/Y anyway)

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    The first time I chose Charmander and it was a heck of a fight to try and take down Brock when I first had my first version (Blue). Then I got my next version which was red I think and chose Squirtle and everything went by way faster. Er, I was never really a big fan of Bulbasaur simply because it looked ugly and had this big flower lookin thing on it's back (yeah, what I thought a long time ago lol). So yeah, I think Squirtle would be the best one to start out with in the R/B games simply because I guess you'd just have an easier start. Just uh, hope Gary doesn't rip ur pokemon's head off.

Years
    Charmander! It evolves inta Charizard!! It's got more stats points than any other starter, Fire/Flying combo = pwnage unless faced against Rock, Fire Blast accuracy > Hydro Pump accuracy, burns, whatever, ya name it! XD

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    I agree with Charizard Fire God. Charizard is awesome. It has higher speed, attack, and SA than the other two, and it can learn better moves (ex. Wing Attack/Fly vs Venusaur's (I don't really know a Psn type attack move for Venusaur... That is if it learns one that exists in R/B/Y (Sludge Bomb does not). EQ kills enemy Pikachu/Raichu. They come out for an easy OHKO and get OHKO'd themselves.

Years
    bulbasaur is supposed to be the best choice, but i chose squirtle on my red and i did fine. i've had the fire starter pokemon before on other games and it grows into a very poweful pokemon! but squirtle's definately my favourite

Insanity Mawile

OGMWTFBBQTEHSTFU!!!!!!!!1
    Years
    Bulba helps you early in the game, but Charmander is a powerhouse later. It's your choice whether you want to train other Pokemon (like Butterfree/Beedrill/Pidgey(otto)). Squirtle's in the middle.

Setsuna Moto

Kienzan!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 25, 2005
    For some reason, I always have picked Squirtle... ever since i first got my blue. I've restarted a lot too.

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    Well, since I'm a fan of Fire Pok?mons, you could guess my starter...
    But in batteling thinking, I think Bulbasaur, because of the effextivity against the 2 first gym.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Thre is no ''best starter'' all of the starters are good in their own ways, what pokemon you think is the best depends on what sort of pokemon you like ex. Tank, Sweeper or staller. I prefer bulbasaur/ivysaur/venusaur though they are very good tanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back