• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or Revolution?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • When I first heard "Wii" I thought it was stupid. But after hearing every freaken joke in the world about it, and now that the whole "Wii sounds stupid!!!" thing died down I'm quite fond of it.
    Revolution did sound dull and boring, it just didn't have a spark to it. Wii on the other hand is a strange name to go along with a strange system. And it being strange isn't a bad thing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • deadlymind said:
    Wii. It has much more meaning.

Anyone who associates the name Wii with a pen0r is either a 4yearold in real life or has the mentality of a 4yearold.
    Lol, guilty as charged. XD

But really...I didn't like the name when it first came out, but I've definitely grown to love it. Probably because of all the jokes it can be part of, yet it can overcome those and still looks like the best console this coming generation. :3

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Revolution, definately. It told us what the new genaration of Nintendo would be: A REVOLUTION. But when I heard of the name Wii I just thought, WTF?!?!?!?!. And the jokes are really getting old too. When I read the nintendo power magazine the last couple of months they would say really annoying things like, "we came, wii conquered" or "wii got Smash Bros.!" I just think the new name is really getting annoying.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Well Nintendo Dual Screen (DS) was also a code name. So that's why people really wanted Revolution to be the name of Nintendo's next system.
    It was the Nintendo Nitro before too. Now it's the DS (Dual Screen and Developer's System). I think...maybe the first five time or so that you hear "Nitro" it sounds cool. But then it just seems lame afterwards. Maybe Nintendo thought Revolution would sound lame after awhile (I still like it though)?

I'm so mature. XD When I first heard of the Wii name no "dirty" jokes came into my head. More along the "Weeee!" lines.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Wii, in my opinion, sounds a tad perverted. Revolution may not be too original, but Wii just sounds wrong.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    TyranitarDragonMaster said:
    Wii, in my opinion, sounds a tad perverted. Revolution may not be too original, but Wii just sounds wrong.
    i agree on wii being a tad percverted Revolution would sound better for it

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Revo-freaking-lution.... ><;; I hate the name Wii.

... It sounds stupid, IMO. Revolution sounded so kewl.... But Nooo...
    They changed it to the Wii!!

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    well just get a prem-maker and take out wii and put Revolution lol

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • People think "Wii" is a perverted name only because they want it to be that way. When I think of "Wii" I don't think any perverted things, I think of "We" "Weeee" "Oui". Like Triffy I didn't think anything bad of the name (other then the name itself) when I first heard of it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    People think "Wii" is a perverted name only because they want it to be that way. When I think of "Wii" I don't think any perverted things, I think of "We" "Weeee" "Oui". Like Triffy I didn't think anything bad of the name (other then the name itself) when I first heard of it.
    T_T; Why'd you have to bring "Oui" up? Now I don't like the name anymore.

diarugapal

galipoka rocks
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 12, 2012
    I like Wii better, but when I'm gonna start to beg my parents if I can get one...it'll probably sound like this, "Please, mom! Can I get a Wii! Please! I need a Wii!" My mom might think I need to go to the bathroom. XD

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • I prefer the Wii, Revolution was alright and all, but it sounded too boring.

Andy, now I keep thinking of the Canadian X-Play guy. XD

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
  • Personally, I like "Revolution" better, but I also like that Nintendo has a message within it's new system title "Wii". It shows us that it wants a diverse audience of all ages. Hence, Wii is pronounced the same in all majorly known languages (correct me if I'm wrong).

But yeah, I wouldn't mind the Revolution to come back.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Because a lot of the times when I hear "Wii" I think of "Oui", and I get Oui from the Canadian Guy on X-Play. XD
    *snerk* Now I'm going to start associating the Wii with French. Gee, thanks. xDD;

Back