• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Old World Blues is the greatest thing ever.

I loved the bickering scientists and their hatred for your toes. :3

The Gun Runner's Arsenal added some really ridiculous weapons and great mods, too, and I can't live without it. NV's DLC, sans Dead Money, were really good.
    I really didn't like any of Fallout 3's, except maybe Broken Steel. None of the others really stood out to me, they weren't all that memorable. But the angry robot that hoards coffee cups is a little harder to forget.

NV's were just goofier and more fun to go through. "Take drugs, kill bear."

Years
    I only got Broken Steel for Fallout 3, and Old World Blues for New Vegas. I saw my cousin play Old World Blues and it looks great from what I've seen him play. I personally like NV better, except that stimpacks are the only things to instantly raise health without waiting.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Old World Blues is the greatest thing ever.

I loved the bickering scientists and their hatred for your toes. :3

The Gun Runner's Arsenal added some really ridiculous weapons and great mods, too, and I can't live without it. NV's DLC, sans Dead Money, were really good.
    I really didn't like any of Fallout 3's, except maybe Broken Steel. None of the others really stood out to me, they weren't all that memorable. But the angry robot that hoards coffee cups is a little harder to forget.

NV's were just goofier and more fun to go through. "Take drugs, kill bear."

I found that Gun Runner's Arsenal's challenges were completely difficult to do because a lot of them are story based. They're the only achievements I need left in the game to perfect it. Hell, I even have that achievement that's associated with winning a certain amount in that Mojave gambling game. That was brutal.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Poor Orpheus is reading all this and is probably still torn on what to get lol.

Just buy both, it'll probably be $20 max. Even though we have differing opinions as to which game falls flat compared to the other, they're both exceptional games that will have you invest a hell of a lot of hours into and have a lot of fun.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I found that Gun Runner's Arsenal's challenges were completely difficult to do because a lot of them are story based. They're the only achievements I need left in the game to perfect it. Hell, I even have that achievement that's associated with winning a certain amount in that Mojave gambling game. That was brutal.

I actually found the GRA challenge achievements relatively easy, though I did do a side-run for those achievements, specifically, on both occasions. That probably helped a lot, haha.
    But I am so terrible at gambling... On console, that was all I had left, The Courier Who Broke the Bank. :c

For PC... oy. I still have to go through Lonesome Road, Dead Money, finish with the NCR and Doctor House endings, and do some gambling. Of all of those things, I'm dreading doing DM again the most. I'd rather lose a day trying to gamble, lol.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Here:

If you enjoy more politicking, a wider map, a more expansive quest line, different enemies and factions, varied combat methods, DLC geared to further cushion the storyline, and Las Vegas, choose New Vegas.

If you enjoy more clear-cut good vs. evil, a plot based on the ideals of human nature and what those in power do with that power, more swampy-less dusty world map, more streamlined plot and less side-quests (EDIT: DLC adds sidequests), and Washington D.C., choose Fallout 3.

They are essentially the same game in that you will get a similar gameplay experience from either. They are both fantastic and worth purchasing, but if you only want one, it's gonna be personal preference.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    The one thing I did really hate about New Vegas is how they changed the conversation options for skill checks from a percentile chance to a minimum skill limit. It really trivialized a lot of skills, including the speech checks which made playing a charismatic character very boring.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I own Fallout 3 but never played it. I always said I'd do it once I got into Oblivion and played through that, but that never happened. Oblivion just never really clicked with me (even though I want to give it another shot), and since Fallout is basically Oblivion with guns, I never even played it past the very opening sequence before giving it up until after Oblivion - which, again, never happened.

I've been wanting to try FO3 again lately though, so I might just skip Oblivion for now and give it a shot this year.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I own Fallout 3 but never played it. I always said I'd do it once I got into Oblivion and played through that, but that never happened. Oblivion just never really clicked with me (even though I want to give it another shot), and since Fallout is basically Oblivion with guns, I never even played it past the very opening sequence before giving it up until after Oblivion - which, again, never happened.

I've been wanting to try FO3 again lately though, so I might just skip Oblivion for now and give it a shot this year.

I have to say, as often as I've said that very same thing, myself... Oblivion just never really "clicked" for me, either. I didn't have many options for my 360 at the time, and as a huge open-world RPG, I really wanted to like it, but I found the whole thing so tedious and repetitive and boring, and all the other adjectives you'd expect to hear.

....And then I received Fallout 3 as a gift and poured thousands of hours into it.

I whole-heartedly agree that you should just skip over Oblivion and give FO3 another go, lol.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Yeah playing Oblivion after Skyrim is hard, but I loved the spell crafting system so much :(

Also Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is on Steam Free Weekend!

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    ^ I just installed that, myself. The reviews for it are pretty bad, though.. I'm so excited that we finally upgraded our 'net speed, it installed in like 5 minutes. Last week I would have been waiting hours and, given the reviews, I probably wouldn't have bothered with it at all.

Also, came by here to share -- Undertale is on greenlight, it's from Toby Fox, fans of Homestuck should be familiar with him. I wish I had seen the Kickstarter for this, this looks amazing, and the trailer really sealed the deal for me, lol. There's a demo over here, for anyone that's as excited as I am. c:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    ^ I just installed that, myself. The reviews for it are pretty bad, though.. I'm so excited that we finally upgraded our 'net speed, it installed in like 5 minutes. Last week I would have been waiting hours and, given the reviews, I probably wouldn't have bothered with it at all.
    Apparently it's just the user reviews that are negative. All the critical reviews I see are pretty positive. Kinda sad since when I looked at reviews for the game Amazing World who's main redeeming factor is it's beautiful environments gets tons of sarcastic positive reviews that makes it look like a well received game.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Apparently it's just the user reviews that are negative. All the critical reviews I see are pretty positive. Kinda sad since when I looked at reviews for the game Amazing World who's main redeeming factor is it's beautiful environments gets tons of sarcastic positive reviews that makes it look like a well received game.

gdi, Steam reviews make it so hard to determine if a game is worth the price. I half-figured it would still be a decent game -- I mean, I love Warlock 2, but it's "mixed" because half of the reviews are whining that it "should have just been DLC."
    ..Which were a majority of the complaints on Civ: BE.

They've added a 'funny' button, presumably to try to fix that problem, but it's the Steam community. It can only go poorly. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back