• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wild pokemon with egg move

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • Hello !!

Well, this night (midnight event at ebGames) I started my Omega Ruby game.
    The first pokemon I encountered was a Poochyenna, and it attacked me with... Thunder Fang.
    I catched it, level 5 and moves: Thunder fang and Howl.
    I saw some other Poochyenna, level 5 and tackle, no thunder fang...

Did you found some pokemon with egg moves in the wild?
    Is it rare?
    Is it new or I just never realize this before? :o

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    It's the new DexNav feature, where the Pokemon stick out and you sneak up on them. Unfortunately regular wild Pokemon can't have them. (At least I don't think so)

When May told me about the sneaking thing for the first time and had me test it on a Poochyena, it had Thunder Fang.
    And I was using the DexNav to search for Taillow with good egg moves on Route 116, and I found one with Boomburst. lol

And it's not really rare, just make sure to use the DexNav.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Mine has Fire Fang, I also got Surskit with Bug Bite and Seedot with Razor Wind. I hope I can get a Taillow with Boomburst later, it's annoying to breed for one since you need Noivern at lv 75 to learn Boomburst.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Mine has Fire Fang, I also got Surskit with Bug Bite and Seedot with Razor Wind. I hope I can get a Taillow with Boomburst later, it's annoying to breed for one since you need Noivern at lv 75 to learn Boomburst.

Yeah, some others I've gotten is Nincada with Night Slash, Surskit with Fell Stinger, and Seedot with Beat Up. Anyways, I'm sure you'll find that Taillow soon. :)

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • So, how long should it take to find a Shroomish with Drain Punch? I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to tutor the move instead until the post-game (I would check, but I want to avoid spoilers along the way).

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So, how long should it take to find a Shroomish with Drain Punch? I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to tutor the move instead until the post-game (I would check, but I want to avoid spoilers along the way).

I think it's the same chance as any other egg move. It took about 22 Taillow searching with DexNav to find one with Boomburst. So you may have to look a while, or you could be lucky and get one right away.

Years
  • I don't have the game just yet, but this is still a really cool feature. As I mentioned in the DCC, shofu got himself a Level 15 Taillow with Boomburst before he even reached Rustboro City, which probably would have swept him if he didn't have the shiny Beldum. That's something that can get pretty game-breaking!

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I like the feature but dexnav confuses me still. It gives quite a bit of info but not all of it is explained (atleast hasn't been where I'm up to)
    But I'm slowly catching an army of tallows with different egg moves (seems to be the most common poke for me)

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • I had a level 12 ralts appear this morning with a potential star of 1, little did I know the ralts knew teleport and left.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I managed to get a Scrappy Taillow after a while. This seems dexnav act as kind of Friend Safari for every pokemons that can be caught in the wild.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Omg I will spend too much time on this feature :o I want a Taillow with boomburst now! :)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    If there's a rustling pokemon nearby, tap the bottom screen set to the dexnav. Once you're close enough to it, it will show you what it is, the special move and ability of it (if it has one, I don't think it's guaranteed).

I got a tailow with brave bird just now, so I guess I'm keeping it.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Yes I did catch a few wild Pokemon with an egg move in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. The ones I caught were a Surskit that knew Fell Stinger, a Shroomish that knew Seed Bomb, and a Zigzagoon that knew Tickle. Of the three I found, two of them I am happy with, one of them being the Shroomish. This because it is easier than waiting till Shroomish reaches level 41 to learn that move. The one I am not happy with is the Zigzagoon since it has the Gluttony ability, not Pickup.

Last edited:

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • If there's a rustling pokemon nearby, tap the bottom screen set to the dexnav. Once you're close enough to it, it will show you what it is, the special move and ability of it (if it has one, I don't think it's guaranteed).

I got a tailow with brave bird just now, so I guess I'm keeping it.

oooh you did? around which route did you find it with that move?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Do you get the same egg moves for various pokemon, or can any wild pokemon have any possible egg move it can learn? And is it always just the one egg move at a time, or can there be multiple?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Do you get the same egg moves for various pokemon, or can any wild pokemon have any possible egg move it can learn? And is it always just the one egg move at a time, or can there be multiple?

Any wild Pokemon can have any egg move it can learn, along with a chance of it having it's HA. And that means all wild Pokemon. :)
    And I think it's only one at a time, at least that's what it's been for me.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    oooh you did? around which route did you find it with that move?

It was route 116. If you've already caught a tailow, you can see it's first move and ability once you stand about 1 tile away from it before encountering it. I've also seen tailow with roost and refresh as their first moves.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • I really like the DexNav feature! I caught a Taillow with Roost, a Poochyena with Fire Fang, and a Slakoth with Crush Claw. Definitely a plus since I love having Pokemon that know egg moves. Oh and I also caught a Plusle holding Cell Battery.

ChisanaInu

Fox Prince
    Years
  • I don't believe it's rare. I got one, too, after all! I wasn't going to use her at first because it felt like I was cheating, somehow, but I got attached and now she's my main Pokemon! It is a rather nifty feature, I think.

Back