• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Gary going to the Unova Region with Ash someday?

Simon Alexander

Orlesian
Years
  • Unless you mean very far in the future, Gary can't go with Ash, as Ash is already there XP

But it's totally possible that Gary may fly over for a visit or two. He is a researcher, after all, and Unova has pokemon never seen in any other region. While it could be true that Professor Juniper (younger or older) may send their info to all the other professors, Gary is young (srsly) and may want to see it all for himself. I think there's a huge chance Gary will cameo in the anime.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • The original rival.
    Professor Oak's grandson.
    Turned professor.
    Went to Sinnoh.

I think there's a very strong chance he would crop up in a couple of episodes.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    If they brought in Gary again they'd have switch him over with the new animation, I figure its too hard for them to do. Which is why they left Dawn and Brock in the old animation in the specials they had.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It might be possible for Gary to make a comeback in Unova, not as a trainer, but as a professor, in the future, possibly to help Prof. Juniper.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I see it as unlikely, but still possible. The writers seem to want to focus more on the newer generation of Pokémon and characters, rather than reflect on the show's past. Still, if he were to show up, it would probably be for reasons of research for one of the professors he works with or even for his own research. As it stands though, there really isn't any reason for him to make an appearance like there was for him to appear in Sinnoh.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Will Gary going to the Unova Region with Ash someday?

I hope so. It would be nice to see his role as a Pokemon researcher continue, and I'd like to see him in his HGSS clothes at some point in the anime. >_>

If they brought in Gary again they'd have switch him over with the new animation, I figure its too hard for them to do. Which is why they left Dawn and Brock in the old animation in the specials they had.

Why would it be too hard? :cer_confused: Ash, Delia, Jessie, and James were successfully converted over to the new drawing style, and all of them (except Delia) have appeared in the anime way more times than Gary has.

As for Brock and Dawn retaining their old appearances, my guess is that the special was possibly animated before the start of Best Wishes, or it was used as a seemingly final tribute to the old animation style. And there's only so many ways that you can draw slits for eyes. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    i woudldn't be suprised if he appears in best wishes. it would be interesting if he met may in the issuh region too

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • love to see it though. Gary's been one of my favorites and he has had both of my favorite pokemon in time. It'd be nice to see a cameo appearance.

Back