• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Gen 5 be the death of Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    I disagree. Gen 5 will maybe be a little bad, but I'm going to say this: a flat out maybe.

Also, Rhyperior does not suck. However, Froslass does.
    of course rhyperior dosent suck

slowly, they will set stats of pokemon in higher positions, like deoxys, slaking, metagross, salamence, rhyperior,... they are trying to make people forget about 151 original pokemon which none of them has base att higher than 134, they ruined dragonite with the presentation of salamence and metagross, they ruined all the natural rules with slaking, and so on. i love original pokemon but can't use very often them because new pokemon are far stronger. with the introduction of gen 5, may be i will no longer be able to use original pokemon any more, i don't want gen 5, i hope it'll be the end
    i dont even know why they are even makin any more pokemon period!

Last edited:
    Years
    It way too early to judge the 5th gen IMO. We should at least wait for a few Pokemon to be introduced. :\

Also, I wish people would just stop complaining about the DP evos. It's been practically 4 years. They are in the dex and they are not going anywhere. Are we seriously going to be complaining all the way to Gen 5? It's time to give it a rest.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, love 'em or hate them Evos are there, you don't have to use them, and you don't have to play D/P (i just use Platinum).

Also, my only complaint is (although i didn't have it until i knew about G/S/C) we only get one region. I want them to stick the new generation's region either connected to Sinnoh in the South or Southwest (Canalave and Pal Park) or both, and/or add Hoenn in, accessible via ferry.

Also, old pokemon aren't getting weaker, as more of them slip into UU/NU, those tiers become better!!

Also, look at Dragonite,Snorlax,Blissey(2nd Gen i know). Particularly in Dragonite's case, they've been adapted!!!!(Dragonite is now played bulky)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Will Gen 5 be the death of Pokemon?
    eww

No. This:

Pearl / Diamond: Additional software was installed to make it a better Pokémon. It began acting oddly, however.

Platinum: Its programming was modified to enable work in alien dimensions. It did not work as planned.

Obviously, due to the software that did not work as planned, Porygon took on a form that was not expected.
    Besides, he's not even a REAL Pokemon, he's a computer program that is manipulated via software, therefore you can't judge it, it gets no say in the matter of its evolutionary process.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It way too early to judge the 5th gen IMO. We should at least wait for a few Pokemon to be introduced. :\
    More or less, at least wait until the 5th Generation is officially confirmed. While most thought the 4th Generation of Pokémon, specifically DPPt, was a drag to Pokémon full of unoriginality and a flat storyline it still introduced a whole new concept to the games including compatibility with Wi-Fi and more.

Fifth Generation I expect no less and possibly more for that matter. Though, it's just too early to be judging what the 5th Generation may do to the main game series. It's no doubt there will be many to complain about the Pokémon designs, the game play, etc. However, whatever comes, comes and you either enjoy it or you don't ... or both, whatever floats your boat. ^^;

For me, like every other game, I'll purchase it and play through the experience. After I see what the new Pokémon being introduced is like and how the game seemed to me personally, then I'll judge whether it was a good move by GameFreak and Nintendo or not. ;) For now, I'm just waiting to see if the newly given information is really on a 5th Generation of the main series game.

I can understand the frustration brought on about un-original ideas, but I also sympathize with Nintendo. You can only do so many things without getting ridiculous. I mean, no one wants to send out the evil hand mirror pokemon. I mean, possessed objects, just really aren't the Pokemon style. Yes, they have a few, but they couldn't really rely on them. And, to be honest, they have done most of animals out there. Even then, using one animal eliminates others. I mean, a Flamingo pokemon is would defeat Emus, and other long legged birds. In fact, Doduo and Dodrio probably already have.

Gen 5. will probably not be the end. The idea enthralls many people, and as long as their last generation goes good, then they will make a new one. As soon as a generation bombs, they will make no more.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    As soon as a generation bombs, they will make no more.

Yes, they will. It would take a lot more than that to stop them. They've been Mario games and Zelda games, etc., etc., etc. that have gone bad. They don't stop an insanely popular series just because of that.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Honesty from polizard

This is my comments not disagreeing or arguing

Kanto:
    When you think about it this region was good not to difficult great way to start the world of pokemon ( in a gaming way) it did not have many cons but that is mainly because there is was really nothing to compare it to.

Jhoto:
    Well this is everybody favorite region (while I personally think people look at it through rose colored glasses) The region was good and the gyms had good pokemon and it had the massive edge of two regions in one region
    But this game has several cons for examples Most (i can not say all)(I love scisor) of the pokemon were really bad like quillfish hoothoot, remoraid ect i can go on and the region was honestly really really really easy i recently re played the game and i pretty much had a two man team (ampharos and quagsire) and i had zero difficulty and did not black out once,

Hohen
    All round really good region I like the evil organisation(s) and i really did like the story and all the towns. i accatually like most pokemon in the game and this game did have a high challenge level and loved the addition of the battle frontier
    biggest con was all the legendarys

Sinnoh
    I loved most pokemon the only thing i did not like about this region was that the battle frontier was not that challenge and was pretty easy to completle if you put ur mind to it i found this game easier then hohen but more challenging than the others.

All in this i think of the order like this
    For pokemon
    kanto/sinnoh
    Hohen
    Jhoto

For difficulty
    Hohen
    Sinnoh
    jhoto
    Kanto

For region
    Sinnoh
    hohen
    jhoto
    Kanto

All together
    Sinnoh
    Hohen
    jhoto
    Kanto

Thats just what i think

RadiosX5

PC's Resident Otaku
    Years
    In my personal opinion, i believe that the 5th generation will possibly be okay, not awful, not awesome, just okay. Because, i still believe that this generation will bring some new **** to the table and if not, will use old tactics. But, i'd rather save judgement until we first hear word of it and see some gameplay and some pokemanz!

Years
    • DC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    How many Pokemon can you get before it becomes too much to handle?
    After playing Red, I actually adapted pretty easily to Gold. There were plenty of old favorites, and enough new Pokemon to keep it interesting. Lots were obtainable, and I could trade easily from Red to Gold so I could get my old team.

Hoenn threw me for a loop, though. While the graphics were obviously wayyy superior, thanks to the Gameboy Advanced, I felt disoriented. The Hoenn Dex has far fewer Pokemon from the first two generations than Johto does of the first.

With the advent of FireRed, I had mostly wrapped my mind around the thought of 386. It was a lot, sure, but there were enough new ones that I took a liking to (Milotic, Jirachi, Mawile, and Gardevoir, to name a few) that I accepted the third generation. Later, I found that this was my favorite generation simply because of the hackability potential (Shiny Gold was and remains my favorite Pokemon game, unofficial or otherwise).

Now, there are almost 500 Pokemon, and that number is going to grow, likely by another 100 or so, in the fifth generation. How long is it before the only Pokemon we see from the first generation are Charizard, Mewtwo, Gyarados, and Dragonite? How many more Pokemon will it take before they simply run out of ideas (or their ideas become so repetitive or alien that it's functionally the same thing)? I worry that as soon as the next generation, and certainly by Generation VII or VIII, Pokemon will succumb to these pitfalls.

A question, though: what if the next generation were to introduce far fewer Pokemon, and focus on being able to obtain many more than just the regional Pokedex affords? Part of my irritation with the Gen III and IV remakes is that new Pokemon are not very well integrated. (In Shiny Gold, for example, Hoenn Pokemon are found everywhere, they're just hard to find. The Hoenn Sound and Sinnoh Sound are kinda like that, but you can't do that until you get the National Pokedex. That defeats the purpose of it, at least for me.

Another thing I'm interested in seeing is whether they'll make a Hoenn remake in Generation V. Would you buy it if it came out?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Let me ask you a question.
    Would Nintendo and Gamefreak kill their cash cow when it still gives 'good milk'?
    No, they wouldn't.
    Arceus=EPICEST OF MOST EPIC OF EPIC FAILS.
    BECAUSE, LIKE, MEWTWO IS SO MUCH AWESOMER BCUZ IT IS LIKE, PSYCHEEC AND A CLONE.

And if your reasoning is that it is because it's a God pokemon, then you are even more deluded than I imagined.
    They still didn't go into a lot of subjects that they could exploit.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    About 500 (or 600) being too much to handle. There are nearly 900 Digimon.
    That isn't true to me. Maybe to you, but not to me.
    And I find it illogical anyways to have 500 pokemon only.
    We can already conclude that it takes place in the real world(hence Mew being found in South America) and we know that there are millions of species, so why can't it be same with pokemon?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    That isn't true to me. Maybe to you, but not to me.
    And I find it illogical anyways to have 500 pokemon only.
    We can already conclude that it takes place in the real world(hence Mew being found in South America) and we know that there are millions of species, so why can't it be same with pokemon?

It isn't subjective, there are about that many Digimon. I do believe that there should be heaps and heaps of Pokemon, for the reason you gave. The more Pokemon the immersive the world of Pokemon is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2010
    There is no way that the 5th gen will be the last, Pokemon has been gaining momentum since its inception with no signs of slowing down.

Gold_fan

Brain over - Insert Coin.
    Years
    If its not renewed, maybe. People can get tired of Pokémon at any moment, it's just a matter of how creative the next Generation is going to be.

I kinda agree with the "creativity" thingy.
    What matters the most to me is the Design that each new pokemon could get. I don't really like how Bidoof, of Purugly, look like although they do look like "Pokemons" to me. The weirdest is Margmortar, in my opinion, but that's just what I think.

And you were talking about names such as "Beedrill" and all, though in French, "Beedrill" is named "Dardagnan" which is some kind of mix between "Dard" (sting) and the name of one of the tree musketeers "Dartagnan".
    But going that way, I can also quote "Bidoof" which is named "Keunotor" in french, being a mix between :
    "Quenottes" an other word meaning "teeth"
    "Castor" which you know is an animal (xD) --> "Quenottes" + "Castor" -> Keunotor

I don't really know about the English Name Mixing, but I think they did pretty good in French, and that goes for each generation.
    The only thing I'm really waiting for is the Pokedesign.

Other than that, I'm not saying Gen V will be the best, but I didn't say it's gonna be the end of Pokemon. Let's just wait.

Years
    I can't wait for Gen 5 I think the "Pokewalker" is going to bring a very fun and interesting aspect to gameplay.

Back