• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Will Ghetsis Return?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    As many of you know, Ghetsis escaped from Looker at the very end of the game, and went somewhere alone.

do you think he will make a return in BW2? Share your thoughts below!

I think that he will return and play a large role with the new Kyurem Formes, but i may be wrong, thats a likely answer though

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really don't think he'll return. I think that while he was important in B/W, the one that stood out was N, and since the shadow triad gave you the important orbs rather than Ghetsis, I feel like he wanted to drop out of the picture completely, while on the other hand his "successor" aka N was sorta written to return someday. Plus Ghetsis is on the run or something. ;x

By the way guys, remember storyline speculation exists so if you wanna go into a full on storyline discussion, then post your thoughts there. If you have general thoughts as to how Ghetsis will return, rather than his ultimate role, that's perfectly fine for here - as well as if you don't think he'll return. :3

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I think Ghetsis will come back with an even bigger role. I mean, he is the main antagonist in BW, just hiding behind N and all that jazz. I hope this time around, seeing as N escape Unova on the dragon, I think Ghetsis will come back with his Shadow Triad and serve as the main antagonist again.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I do think he will return I mean him escaping to goodness knows where is one of many unfinished storyline and if BW2 is indeed the sequal him returning only makes sence.

blue

gucci
    Years
    He could do, after all he was a large part of the storyline and had a deep involvement with N, heck he was his guardian so it's likely.

Years
    That is the very same question that had me questioning if somehow N Would become the protagonist for black 2 w2.
    Im not sure how many of you did the sages side quest. Now I feel stupid not being able to recognize hints to a sequel in their dialogue.
    One of the sages speaks to you about N confronting Ghetsis in the future and how he would love to whitness that.
    Cant remember which one

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I wouldn't rule it out. Ghetsis said something to the effect that he would fulfill his ambitions at any cost. He's likely laying low, plotting things out, and assembling a new group of followers to prepare for another scheme. Which very well could be the basis for the sequel games.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
    probably...He did get away at the end of B/W.

If this game a direct sequel, like Nintendo said it was...does this mean you halfta battle gym leaders again, cuz I honestly couldn't see a point in doing that...Unless, there's new main characters.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ^No one has said it's a direct sequel...that just fan speculation at the moment

I think Ghetsis will return for his vengence, possibly with a trump card. He'll proably crown homself king of Plasma...

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
    ^No one has said it's a direct sequel...that just fan speculation at the moment

I think Ghetsis will return for his vengence, possibly with a trump card. He'll proably crown homself king of Plasma...
    whoops, my bad. Mmm, I coulda sworn I heard somebody saying that. Well, whatever how the game gonna be like, it should be interesting. :p

Years
    I don't think so. He's kinda stuck in a rut, has nothing to work with, a horrible reputation so nobody sane will work with him, and he's on the run. Sure he escaped, but that's really all he can do. The Orbs might warrant a side story, but that's about it. He's hit rock bottom.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, he is fat. Most fat people return. jk. Maybe. I think he probably will come back. I mean...I doubt Looker isn't hard to escape from. If not as a major antagonist or a battleable character, then at least some sort of cameo. I would rather fight the other sages though, assuming they get out as well...oh and I'd like N to return as a green caped hero.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That is the very same question that had me questioning if somehow N Would become the protagonist for black 2 w2.
    Im not sure how many of you did the sages side quest. Now I feel stupid not being able to recognize hints to a sequel in their dialogue.
    One of the sages speaks to you about N confronting Ghetsis in the future and how he would love to whitness that.
    Cant remember which one

Ooh really? I never paid attention to their speeches, plus I didn't manage to find all of them. XD That's pretty interesting!

I don't think so. He's kinda stuck in a rut, has nothing to work with, a horrible reputation so nobody sane will work with him, and he's on the run. Sure he escaped, but that's really all he can do. The Orbs might warrant a side story, but that's about it. He's hit rock bottom.

Yeah unless he recruits random people who are new to the region with "potential" I think everyone will ignore him & then he'll be captured. ;x

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I didn't know that BW2 were actually a sequel, anyway that's a good thing, that could be very interesting.
    And concerning Ghetsis, I'm pretty sure he'll be in these games. I barely imagine new version without him. He'll return stronger and more devilish than in BW. Maybe N will stand against him, or ally him again...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    If the pic that leaked is really from BW 2 which since it has 8 symbols and shows the stones of the dragons and has castles in the locations I'm going with his return.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I didn't know that BW2 were actually a sequel...

Well, that's still speculation, but it might be.

Now for my opinion. I do believe he will return. Not really because he played a big role in B/W. But, because he seemed to have a more "sinister" motive than what was shown in B/W. But, still: It's all speculation.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    if anybody remembers the tail end of the game when the Shadow Triad gives you the orbs, they said they had no idea why Ghetsis had them or why he wanted you to have them, they can elaborate on that.

Back