• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Megas be your core?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • I haven't looked at Megas yet for my team. The First Mega-Lucario I saw on WiFi was OHKOed by my Flare Blitz. Mega-Venusaur took over 50% from a Flare Blitz. I faced a Team of Mega-Mewtwo-X and Zygarde and still beat them with my team.

I have also been completely stomped by a different Mega-Venusaur and a Mega-Gyrados. Mega-Dos is the most threatening one I've seen so far.

I have a good Gyrados on BW2, so I guess I'll try it in December when Bank Opens. Same for the other Megas, I have already trained them in BW2, so I'll wait for them.

Years
  • I've only recently started doing online battles and boy..
    Those mega evo teams don't really seem to make any change.

I OHKO'd Mega Mewtwo, Mega Gengar and Mega Garchomp with my Protean Greninja.

Ice beaming those Garchomps is very satisfying, I might add.. Since everyone seems to be using him. ^^

I have encountered a Mega Scizor with a sword dance bullet punch combo.. he was annoying to deal with.

But I personally haven't really used mega evolutions, I just don't like them very much.. They are cool and all but I would rather go for a scarf/specs.

Though I suppose they are a good for teams which include more Life Orb users.. Just give one a mega evolution and the other a life orb!
    You're settled.. Maybe?

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm just treating these mega-evolutions like any other pokemon. I see what their niche is and then I see if I want it in my team. I currently only use one mega-evolution on my team and that's because I feel like it does its job very well. I don't make a priority to either include, or exclude them from my teams.

Years
  • I sometimes use them just for variety, but they aren't really something I seriously consider using at the moment.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I have actually been building around Megas lately. My latest team was built around MegaMawile, the team being Trick Room, and it's worked very well, using Mawile advantageously to gain offensive momentum in such a way that it can take a turn to switch to its Mega form late game and not lose the pressure as long as Trick Room is active.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
    Years
  • I've been experimenting with them through Pokemon Showdown, and from what I've tested they seem only effective when used as sweepers. While I don't have any solid plans yet, I'm almost certain I'll be using a mega evolution per team now-- probably not as the focus though. There is a lot of complexity involved still; considering fairy types alone affects team building massively enough.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    It's a new feature so why not try to use it. Right now Im only using MegaBlatoise but I'm planning to use MegaHoudoom and MegaBanette in future teams.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Most megas don't seem worth it to me. The only useful ones are the megas that benefit from having their second ability used when needed. For example, Manectric having on-demand Intimidate after abusing Lightningrod. Or Tyranitar and Abomasnow summoning weather for a second time when needed. Charizard Y would be great if it gained Speed. Scizor is an exception, because its stat gains are quite nice. Lucario can come in, eat a Dark move or obvious Fake Out..get the Attack/Speed boost then go mega for Adaptability. MegaMawile is pretty awesome too. I'll probably use all of these at some point.

Stuff like Garchomp...I would prefer to hold a Yache berry or something. I just think the best part of megas is that their able to abuse 2 abilities. Sacrificing your item/mega choice for a damage boost just seems pointless and limits your options.

Idk what theyre like in Singles.

Last edited:
    Back