• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Serena actually be in the sun and moon anime?

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Sigh... whelp this thread derailed horribly...

The anime has a tradition of bringing a companion from the saga just before it (It used to be just the female companions, but XY bucked that trend with Cilan) for a couple of episodes.

There's a high probability that Serena or Citron and Eureka might return for an episode or two. And If the writers want a character back, they could just write some story explanation no matter how nonsensical it may be, goals be damned.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I hope she returns

I've thought about it more and there was a whole load of potential that was eskewed for her crush.

Rather see a special so that we can see her without Ash and how she shines.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I hope she returns

I've thought about it more and there was a whole load of potential that was eskewed for her crush.

Rather see a special so that we can see her without Ash and how she shines.

Could do a side series or another version of Pokemon Chronicles with Serena on her own in Hoenn or with her meeting up with Dawn(since Hoenn and Kanto are the last two region's she hasn't competed in yet) and possibly even May(since once you use the Ribbons to enter a Grand Festival, have to re-earn them to compete again in that same region. However with May's VA going off to do something else, she's not likely coming back). Could show Serena competing in Pokemon Contests and perhaps even challenging the Hoenn Gym's like Nando did in Sinnoh. Plus considering Ash is her goal, going the Nando route might actually be Serena's objective for the foreseeable future as she takes what he said to her in XY40 to heart that nothing you do is a waste of time. Might also shed light as to what Pokemon she catches to complete her team.

Is it Serena returning to the anime... eh no but its the next best thing as I see it. Anything that brings back old characters is a win in my book.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Could do a side series or another version of Pokemon Chronicles with Serena on her own in Hoenn or with her meeting up with Dawn(since Hoenn and Kanto are the last two region's she hasn't competed in yet) and possibly even May(since once you use the Ribbons to enter a Grand Festival, have to re-earn them to compete again in that same region. However with May's VA going off to do something else, she's not likely coming back). Could show Serena competing in Pokemon Contests and perhaps even challenging the Hoenn Gym's like Nando did in Sinnoh. Plus considering Ash is her goal, going the Nando route might actually be Serena's objective for the foreseeable future as she takes what he said to her in XY40 to heart that nothing you do is a waste of time. Might also shed light as to what Pokemon she catches to complete her team.

Is it Serena returning to the anime... eh no but its the next best thing as I see it. Anything that brings back old characters is a win in my book.

Actually, Dawn went to Hoenn after DP. It's Kanto and Johto she hasn't been through yet. But yeah, Serena, IF she's coming back, is more likely to just have a special dedicated to her trek in Hoenn.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Actually, Dawn went to Hoenn after DP. It's Kanto and Johto she hasn't been through yet. But yeah, Serena, IF she's coming back, is more likely to just have a special dedicated to her trek in Hoenn.

Yeah I completely forgot she went to Hoenn in a side series episode. Dawn did go to Johto though to compete in the Wallace cup there(she took a plane from Unova after her cameo appearance to Blackthorn City in Johto). Perhaps they could do a special season with Ash, Dawn and Serena in Kanto. Would give Ash a chance to visit past Gyms like Pewter and Cerulean(Misty cameo), the Frontier Brains and finally another shot at the Indigo League Tournament where this time he finally wins it.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Serena should not return. She can be in a special but i don't want her back in the main series.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Looks like this place is still as toxic as ever; glad I left. :rolleyes2:

Anyways Serena may or may not appear; I don't really care that much anymore​. I'd rather see Iris return though to be honest.
No really. I say that this thread has gone back on topic.

Neither iris or serena are likely to come back. Ash is already in a group of five people. Anyway, i don't like either and prefer none of the two to reappear.

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
Years
She'll likely come back for a few episodes to rekindle Amour/tease shippers in my opinion. She's more popular than Iris iirc, so I figure most fans who don't have a senseless vendetta against her wouldn't mind her getting a small comeback.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
She'll likely come back for a few episodes to rekindle Amour/tease shippers in my opinion. She's more popular than Iris iirc, so I figure most fans who don't have a senseless vendetta against her wouldn't mind her getting a small comeback.

IMHO a Serena comeback is more likely to kill Amour than rekindle it.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
That is a reason why i don't think and want serena returning. We don't need armorshipping in the show. It is a kids show. Serena is not popular for me but that is an opinion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Serena has no good reason to return to the anime. She could have her very own special side quest episode, just like the ones Dawn and Iris both had.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Serena is not coming back at least for now. She had her time on the show and she's all the way in Hoenn doing contests now. She will most likely stay there.

Back