• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will they introduce more fairy types in ORAS?

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
    Years
    The only obtainable Fairy types in RS were I think the Azurill and Gardevoir lines, as well as Mawile. With only three Pokemon, will they also introduce other Fairy types? Or are they just gonna put existing Fairy types within the game? Personally, if they were to put Granbull, it'd be around Route 8

Azar

Elite Four
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    I think that NO... Hoenn has only 3 Fairy-type Pokémon, but in general, we have more Fairy types in other regions like Kanto and Johto. The introduction of more Fairy-type Pokémon is a possibility, yes, but I think that they'll put existing Pokémon as you said. Granbull can be one.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    There's also the Jigglypuff line which is fairy if they keep the same dex as in RSE.

There's also the possibility of them adding more Pokemon to the Hoenn region that weren't in the original, and then new megas could also have fairy type

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    They might expand the Hoenn PokéDex to include more Fairy-types, and other Pokémon in general. But I doubt any new typings would happen for these games, that's a pretty big change within a single generation (unless Dragon/Fairy Mega Dunsparce).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't think they will change anything right now. They kinda lost the chance for that already since it would be odd if a Pokemon had two different types in the same generation (aka one Pokemon being something in XY and Fairy-type in ORAS).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The only obtainable Fairy types in RS were I think the Azurill and Gardevoir lines, as well as Mawile. With only three Pokemon, will they also introduce other Fairy types? Or are they just gonna put existing Fairy types within the game? Personally, if they were to put Granbull, it'd be around Route 8

Wasn't Jigglypuff available in the Hoenn pokedex? I could have sworn it was, that's another 3 fairy pokemon.

I doubt they'll add more, besides the Kanto remakes didn't have any dark types during the story. You only got a steel type because the Magnemite family was retconned. Hoenn will already have more fairies than Kanto had dark & steel types.

The only way I could see extra fairy types being added is if new Hoenn megas get the fairy type added to them.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    They will probably toss in a few fairy type pokemon into the routes here and there. Nothing amazing though. They might add a special kind of safari zone or something.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Since they are going to be compatible with XY i don't think any typings will be changed

Pretty much that! Well, if they do introduce new fairy-types in ORAS, I suppose they could update XY with patches and whatnot, but chances of that aren't very likely. :(

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I do not see them giving pokemon new typeings, because that would have been in XY.

Also, there is Jigglypuff line, Ralts line, Marill line, and Mawile who are all in Hoenn with Fairy typeing. Now of course there will probably be new areas that give us some more pokemon who might be Fairy.

The pokedex will probably be relatively the same other than pokemon who have evolutions from Sinnoh who are catchable in Hoenn. We probably will not get most till after E4.

Years
    Doubtful, because of the complications it would bring. If they are able to create a patch for X and Y with relative ease, it could be done, but other than that, I think they'll stick with the current group of fairies. Now, in later generations, it's more than possible that they lengthen the list of dual type fairies from old generations i.e. what they did with the Marill line, but not for ORAS.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    I don't think so, & it'll be nice to find out that they're not going to add anymore. I already don't like the Fairy type that much, so I don't want to see anymore of them added, at least not this gen. (Because it's inevitable that they'll be added in future generations. xD)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Doubtful, because of the complications it would bring. If they are able to create a patch for X and Y with relative ease, it could be done, but other than that, I think they'll stick with the current group of fairies. Now, in later generations, it's more than possible that they lengthen the list of dual type fairies from old generations i.e. what they did with the Marill line, but not for ORAS.

I think they could! They patched the Lumiose City glitch up with an update for XY. But of course this is different. I just really can't see them adding Fairy-types now. Why wouldn't they have done it earlier? Unless one of the more important Pokemon (legendaries and starters) get retyped and they wanted to keep it a surprise? But I honestly can't see any of those are part Fairy anyway.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    The only chance they would be more Fairy types is if there would be new Fairy Mega's. Other than that, I don't think there would be more Pokemon that would be retconned to Fairy Farewell Grass/Fairy Bellossom ;;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The only chance they would be more Fairy types is if there would be new Fairy Mega's. Other than that, I don't think there would be more Pokemon that would be retconned to Fairy Farewell Grass/Fairy Bellossom ;;

Oh, that's so true. I can actually see them adding new Megas like Bellossom that are part Fairy-type. :) But I think that's the extent that they will go - and I'm not sure if they'll even do it anyway, since we aren't positive whether they will add Megas at all or not, let alone random Pokemon (aka no starters/legends).

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I personally don't think they should add any more Fairy-types to Hoenn Pokemon. They're already good enough, and there isn't a large amount of Dragon-types in Hoenn's dex anyway (I think the Bagon line is it, right?)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    nope if anything they need to add MORE GHOST TYPES! since there is only whooping THREE Ghost type family in Hoenn dex- Sableeye, Bannett family and Duskcylops family.

Back