• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you Play or Not?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    MEGA UPDATE: With how much the gaming world and everyone's taste evolving as of now, I'll be putting in some new changes to our friendly little thread here. Also, some people, including myself have also been using not just commercial games, but also indie and even fanmade games. So might as well include them in the mix, but again USE SPARINGLY.

Here's a pretty simple "game" for everyone at VG to enjoy and with proper context: Will you Play or Not?

So you're walking around Gamestop or any store that sells video games, or browsing around Steam and obviously the first thing you see when you are looking for a game is the cover. So based on the cover of the game you are looking at, will you buy/play or not?

Mechanics are pretty simple. UPDATE: NEW RULES

1. User posts a cover of a game. You are free to give out a description of the game you are talking about but keep it concise.

2. Next user's post will say "Play" or "Not play" and say your reasons in doing so, and then post a cover of the game you want to show the next user.

3. And it goes on and on.

4. For certain games that do not have a physical disc or something, just post the Official promotional artwork of the game you want to show, such as online games like MMOs. MMOs uses posters for most of the time so use that.

5. Protip: In order to make the experience to be a little more immersive, pretend that you are seeing said VG cover for the very first time, if it is the very first time you are seeing said title's cover art.

6. SUPER PROTIP: Since this thread is a simulation of yourself walking at your respective gamestore or Steam or any platform of selling or distributing games, you are free to try roleplaying as a salesman to the next user. Use sparingly though. And only i can do the crazy Texan Southern gamestop salesman

7. SUPER ULTRA PROTIP: If you feel that posting just the game's logo or cover isn't enough, then you are free to use AT MOST 2 SCREENSHOTS from said game you're selling/showing to the next user. USE Sparingly. Can't flood

Example:

User 1 - post cover of a game, gives a description
    Next user - "Yes" I'd PLAY that game. It has certified blood dancin! Then shows a cover of another game.

I'll start with this lovely piece:

Will you Play or Not?

Doom, by id Software. A first person shooter where you play as a lone space marine and fight your way through hordes of demons and monsters and make your way towards the level's exit to kill even more monsters.

Will you buy/get or not?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Holy s*** i never thought a badass version of an Abe's game exists. As a somewhat big fan of the Abe series, with the PSX Abe's Odyssey being one of my all time faves, I'd definitely check this out so.. BUY, also its for OG Xbox, aka Best Box.

Will you Play or Not?

Hyper Dimension Neptunia? (come on VG, i know you guys like this)

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2017
    I mean, I've played some of the Neptunia games before, but based on the cover alone I'd buy it, mostly because I like JRPGs and it has NISA on its cover. That's pretty much why I got HDN:Mk2, only to find out that NIS wasn't the developer when I actually played it. Welp.

Will you Play or Not?

Cave Story, a game where you jump and shoot things! It has rabbit / dog people.

pkmin3033

I was actually going to buy the 3DS version of this at one point. I forget why I didn't. Lack of funds, I imagine. In any case, I'd buy this...but not for PC.

Will you Play or Not?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    The first time i'll be saying "No" since i'll assume this is one of those survival horror kind of games... or something like it. Not a fan of such so i respectfully decline.

Will you Play or Not?

Shank.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Pass. Story penned by someone associated with God of War? As entertaining as those games were sometimes with combat, the story was a load of bollocks. There are lots of other titles with a similar style which are much more appealing, so I'd be avoiding this one.

Speaking of...

Will you Play or Not?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I lost my GBA years ago so i can't play anything so pass. Also, there's emulation but that's not the point of that. D:

(You can all laugh at my bad attempt to be a gamestop cashier)

Hey picky next user? You're looking for the perfect murder simulator that is 90001x Edgier than that game the kids playin called "Hatred", "Doom" "Grand Theft Auto 5?" and "Metal Gear Rising" ???? PUT AWAY THOSE KIDS GAMES AWAY AND COME WITH ME! I do have the PERFECT GAME FOR YOU BRO OR CHICK!

Will you Play or Not?

KILLING TIME!

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF OUR CLEARANCE SALE WEEK, AND WE ARE OFFERING A 66.6% DISCOUNT ON THIS GAME RIGHT HERE!

(Do i deserve my Leonardo DiCaprio Oscar award for Gamestop Salesman? Plz??)

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Pass. I draw the line at lack of English translation I'm afraid.
    Will you Play or Not?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I don't have PS4 and I don't think I will buy the console later. So I will not buy Omega Quintet. The game looks interesting tho. I like rpg and anime.

Samurai Warriors 4-II (PC)
    Spoiler:

pkmin3033

I actually got that bought for me on PS4...I have yet to play it. But I prefer the Samurai Warriors games to the Dynasty Warriors games, so if I didn't have it it'd be on my wants list :3

Will you Play or Not?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Out of morbid curiosity. Sure. Everything about that box-art screams budget, though.

Will you Play or Not?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    That game looks interesting. I'll be playing as a dude with shades and roller blading my way to the streets? Suddenly i feel like the urge. And again its a game for OGXbox so yeah BUY.

Will you Play or Not?

pkmin3033

That's on my to-do list, so yes, I'd play that. I really enjoyed Memories of Celceta and I'm curious about the rest of the series.

Will you Play or Not?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    It honestly looks like a cover for a Bravely Default sequel. Solely looking at the box art, I would actually consider getting this game. The name itself though is a little repetitive with "legend" and "legacy" lol. Don't they basically mean the same thing? Just watched the trailer and you know what? I might actually get this game, so thank you for sharing it!

How about this game for sharing purposes:

Will you Play or Not?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Even if i didn't see the game beforehand, I'll Buy it! A Crusader guy with a scythe and that background devoid of color and bleached with sorrow and death? Yell heah!

But honestly, i played it, and i LOVED it.

Will you Play or Not?

S4 League.

(here's an example of me referencing an MMO. Since MMOs usually do not have boxarts or cover arts, promotional material is the key here)

pkmin3033

Definitely pass on that. The art style is rather nice, but MMOs aren't really my thing at all.

Will you Play or Not?

...couldn't find big enough English box art. Probably wasn't looking hard enough, buuuut...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Designs are interesting to say the least and I'd pick this one up.

(ok im in the mood to let out my inner Gamestop so)

GOOD MORNING OR WHATEVER PART IN THE WORLD YOU ARE IN. Were you satisfied with our last offer? Don't worry we always have MORE! Wanna play a real man's game? Wanna become a sexual tyrannosaur, like me?

Will you Play or Not?

pkmin3033

Pass. Really not overly keen on the Predator franchise, and if I'm going to play an old-fashioned Arnie game, I'd rather play the Terminator game that was on the Megadrive. xD

Speaking of...

Will you Play or Not?

Back