• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you restart?

Bagelz

Super Nerd
    Years
    With HG/SS out now, are you going to restart your game just to get all the starter pokemon for your pokedex? Or am I the only one, because I have OCD? Lol. I'm just curious to see if anyone else will and why. :)

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    To be honest I am but thats after I get the unobtainable pokemon like Milotic and Glaceaon and stuff.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Well since I already have all the starters on my HG file, except chimchar, I've already started a new save with it, and I'm just going to go through and make a all sinnoh team, and then trade them over and breed.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I already have all of the Sinnoh starters on my Platinum file so no, I will not be restarting ;)

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I have them all on my diamond already. Plus, I'm using my diamond for my pokedex anyway

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I have no choice, my DS got stolen along with Diamond and had to re-buy it Which is very sad for me because I lost a lot of legends and legit rares because it was my main game, now SS is my main game

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I'd just trade other people to get all the starter Pokemon for my Pokedex. I hate restarting my Pokemon games. :3 Plus, Platinum is going to remain my main game, basically for the same reason that LeSabre stated. :)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Sorry, but I have already went through a lot with my current save file in Platinum to be deleting it now.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'm still plowing through Platinum with my Torterra, so that's Turtwig in the bag, and my Action Replay testing ground copy of Pearl has Prinplup, so that's Piplup. I suppose I can always get a bred Chimchar from a friend. So no, I see no reason to restart.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Well, I've always found it hard to keep my first file on games once I get them. I've had my first file on Platinum since last March when I got it. So no, I won't be restarting on that. =P Though on my other Platinum (yes, I have two) I've got a Prinplup on that, and on my Pearl I've got all the other starters. So I can use that. =3

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I did it for pearl when I was new to Pokemon, but I didn't for silver. Me and my friends all agreed to have a different starter each. I've think I've got all 12 starters now.

Back