• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you restart?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Haha, I cannot restart any one of my three games... They are so crammed with Pokemon and I would rather not sit through trading boxes full.. Besides, I have the 3 starters. :(

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    This lame-o ^ just has no life. That's the problem.

Naw, because I'm basically only playing HG for nostalgia's sake, so I don't see a reason to restart my other games.

Gemini Pika

Sprite Master
    Years
    Well after I complete the Sinnoh portion of the National dex on HG/SS, I'll trade events from my Platinum(So I can use them again) and restart it. I want to go through Platinum's story again, plus I started a new game on my Diamond not to long ago. (@ Plot climax)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    One of my Diamonds is storage and my Platinum has competitive stuff on it. I restart the other Diamond and Pearl for challenges, but that's rare nowadays. I plan on not having HG or SS be a storage cartridge. I'm having too much fun playing them. Besides, I definitely don't want my SS to be storage since it's all Japanese. I'd forget everything.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    no, i'll never restart my old games! If i restart Diamond, i'll lose all of my rare candies and masterballs!

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    No, I won't.

I'll keep my Platinum file for RNG breeding for shinies (and possibly IVs too sooner or later)

I have 2 Life Orbs already, and i'm pretty sure you can get one in HG/SS, and I don't need more than three, so.. yeah. Not really needed. Life Orb is really the only item I need too.. besides maybe Choice Specs, but I dunno.*

Anyway, the point is: Not restarting. :3

*I can get all the other good items (Master Balls, Rare Candies, Star Pieces, etc.) via cloning in my Emerald. :D

Psydragon

Elder Trainer
    Years
    A good way around this is to get the new Action Replay for the DS. You can make multiple game saves with it

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    A good way around this is to get the new Action Replay for the DS. You can make multiple game saves with it

What are you talking about? I have a feeling you're mixing up the AR with an R4.

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    I have Diamond and Pearl, so I'll probably finish off pearl again after I take care of SS. I haven't beaten SS yet, so until then, my Diamond file will stay as it is. My diamond file is the most important because I keep all of my event pokemon on that game.

I would like to restart the older games some time. It would be pretty cool to play up from Blue to Pearl.

Psydragon

Elder Trainer
    Years
    Oops. Might be. I was looking at accesories at Walmart and could've swore it was the action replay that said makes multiple saves. Sorry about the mixup. I knew I should've bought the darn thing. lol

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    If I can find a way to get all my decent Pokémon and every single one of my useful items/TMs onto my HG or SS when I get one, then and only then will I consider . . . using my Diamond version to experiment with tweaking :P. And then I will start it over, after I start to get bored with HG/SS. Diamond's campaign was a refreshingly fun and somewhat new experience for me, and I was kinda sad when I realized it was over. Can't wait to start again, but I can't afford to buy a new cartridge.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
    My Pearl game has about 100 hours on it. I use it for breeding, now. :P

I plan on having about a dozen extra Chimchars around.

Years
    I hadn't really thought of that yet, I only bought Diamond a few months ago before they dropped HG and SS. If I do restart it's only because I hadn't gotten either of the new games yet. And Unfortunately by then I'll have gotten a DSi XL so I can't transfer any GBA pokemon games to that one. Right now you can't pry Diamond out of my hands. It's the first Pokemon game I've had in like two years, it's going nowhere at the moment.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    I had my fun with mine, got all the non-event legends, and just beat it. I think I'll trade all my good pokemon over to my HG, and restart. I did the same with FireRed, I traded all my stuff over to Diamond and restarted.

I already traded my Empolion, Raquaza, Rotom, Kyogure, Swampart (From ruby), and Victribell over.

Psydragon

Elder Trainer
    Years
    What are you talking about? I have a feeling you're mixing up the AR with an R4.

Nope. I was right. At Walmart they have the new Action Replay DSi that can create mulptiple saves and works with pokemon. It says it right on the package. This is why I stopped going to forums. Everyone wants to argue about nonsensical topics, and don't have the slightest idea what they're babbling about.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Nope. I was right. At Walmart they have the new Action Replay DSi that can create mulptiple saves and works with pokemon. It says it right on the package. This is why I stopped going to forums. Everyone wants to argue about nonsensical topics, and don't have the slightest idea what they're babbling about.

You didn't say DSi

On Topic: I never got into Diamond, so definitely yes.

Back