• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you use the Red Gyarados?

Will you use your Red Gyarados?

• Yes

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Gonna trade it

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    Probably as an HM slave. I know, it's a major waste of such an awesome looking shiny, but I dunno... I tend to use it for Surf, Waterfall and Whirlpool. It depends, though- if I find another decent HM slave (or perhaps 2), then I'll (attempt to) EV train it, and not touch it otherwise, for fear of ruining it's epicity, lol.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    HM slave?
    u ppl r sick!
    lol jk jk
    domesticating it for ur own personal needs!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Nope, I already have a normal Shiny Gyrados and he is perfect already. No need for a lame one that everyone else will have.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm probably not going to use mine when I get HeartGold, primarily because it's an overrated shiny. If I soft reset a lot and get one with good natures, IVs, etc. then I might use it. But most likely, it'll be UT.

Years
    I'd be keen to make sure it has great IV and a great nature, so I could use it later on. Clearing EVs is easy, so I may just SR for it, use it in the game, then re-EV it and use it on a Wifi or Battle Frontier team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    I'll safe before catching it to try and get one with a decent nature, and I'll most likely EV train it at some point. But for the actual play-through, unlikely.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Hell yeah I'm using it!
    I mean, who would'nt?
    Gyarados PWNS
    Its one of the 3 powerhouses in my team (Typhlosion,Gyarados and Dragonite!).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.I'll catch it.

I'm not sure what pokemon to use, i was thinking about just using freebies in-game, however i don't want an Eevee.
    To tell the truth, i hate most Johto pokemon, so i'll probably use it, as i like Dragoney pokemon.And i am guaranteed to have a Dragonite, so they'll go as a good pair. I might have it follow me around:P

Flechazo

Eternity Web & Game Designer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2011
    I never liked red gyarados, but hmmm ... No, I won't :P

meganium14

ROFL
    Years
    you have to remember it is slow and very weak to rock. thats why i'm thinking about not using it on my team. I know for sure i will get meganium because it pwns =).
    but i need a decent water type and i will get a pigeot. I dont want plan team. It ruins the surpise O.o

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    probably not, I will use a gyarados, but not a shiny.

To me a shiny pokemon is a trophy pokemon, Ill just keep it in a box xDDD

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Well, if it considered Shiny, I am going to slaughter it and walk away.
    No Gyrodos is going to ruin the rarity of my Shiny Gyrodos in Diamond. D:

Back