• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you use the Red Gyarados?

Will you use your Red Gyarados?

• Yes

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Gonna trade it

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

LordDarkrai

Gamer
Years
  • I considering too but I won't because when I capture it. I going to get it a attack nature than later, I will EV train it later to be powerful.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • Not really. By the time I get to Lake of Rage, I'll have my E4 team decided. I'll probably just catch him for my second shiny ever (First being the Red Gyarados from Crystal).

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    yup imma train mines to lv 100, Gyrados is a very strong water type, and due to the fact its shiny, its even RARER

Kyrotix

GeorgeGeorger George
    Years
  • I never used Red Gyarados on Gold/Silver, since I always had all 3 starters (Thanks to the 3 starters exploit)
    I either used it as an HM slave, or just threw it into my box...
    Wow... Im a terrible person... Abandoning poor, innocent creatures like that...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'll use it...eventually. :)

At times, I like looking at Blue Gyarados rather than the Red one. However, I am not passing up a Shiny encounter! I plan to train all Shiny Pokemon I encounter anyway, so...

As for the nickname, either Skul, SkulKrakr, or a variant thereof. My reasoning is because the original name of Gyarados was going to be Skullkraken, IIRC, so I'm going to highlight my Gyarados' ability of "cracking" skulls apart. Crushing would probably be a better verb, though, but SkulCrushr as a nickname seems weird at the moment...

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't know if I'm going to use it on my team during the E4, but I might use it for other battles.

My planned team doesn't have it, but I suppose I can replace it with one of my less desirable Pokemon, so I guess I might use it.

Years
  • I plan to use it, to bad I don't think you could really EV/IV train it to well, so I doubt outside the game, will we see it in online battles much. :/

Atomika

Installing Gravity
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    No.. never used it on the older game.. but might lvl it for battles on wifi tho.. serves no purpose to me what so ever tho

Shubshub

Master of The Y
    Years
  • Im Gonna Trade It Over to my platinum
    Since Im Playing the rom of soul silver jap eng patch
    I have the platinum cartridge since I have almost Clocked Platinum With 100%
    Im About 70% Through Free Mode
    Im 100% Through Story Mode

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    neh, i never liked gyarados, it'll just sit in the pc or daycare, and besides, im using totodile so i already have a water :D

Back