• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 10!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I leave automatic updates on.. b.c I'm not that good with computers haha. Though I turn off / turn on my laptop every night/morning and I still have 7 and nothing about installing, though I 99% of the time walk away from it when its starting up because it takes freaking forever.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So... I was planning on installing it tonight. I have all the files downloaded and just need to restart my computer for the installation to begin, I suppose. All my files will apparently be intact. Right?

Is this a good idea haha. I really haven't had a nice experience with Windows 8.1, which came with my laptop when I bought it. My old laptop runs Windows 7 which I like a lot. But I think I'll keep WIndows 7 on the old one and go for 10 on this newer one.

Years
    So... I was planning on installing it tonight. I have all the files downloaded and just need to restart my computer for the installation to begin, I suppose. All my files will apparently be intact. Right?

Is this a good idea haha. I really haven't had a nice experience with Windows 8.1, which came with my laptop when I bought it. My old laptop runs Windows 7 which I like a lot. But I think I'll keep WIndows 7 on the old one and go for 10 on this newer one.
    Really, it's up to you on what you want to do. Yes, if you do directly upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, you should have an option to keep your files/programs in tact, but again it's up to you on how you want to install it. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    A couple days ago after reading that an upgrade doesn't seem to override the MBR, meaning that I'm allowed to keep my dual boot system without having to reinstall grub into it, I decided to upgrade my win7 system. After many hours of downloading and installing, the first thing I noticed was how much more resource hungry win10 seems to be as opposed to win7 (or maybe it's just because of all the things I changed in win7 to eat up less resources). I'm going to do a little research, since I also want to disable a couple privacy settings, though.

So far I'm not neccessarily impressed. The graphical design looks ok, I guess, but outside of that I haven't really found anything that would let me lead to using it as my main OS over all the other options I have.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    All my files will apparently be intact. Right?

Indeed. If my memory serves, the Win10 upgrade does carry over files.

On the topic of Windows 10, I unfortunately had to revert back to 7 due to that bloody Start button problem. I'll probably upgrade again once issues have been ironed over. One thing I can say about Windows 10 is that it looks reeeeeally nice to me. So smooth.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Speaking of which, sadly, I was also downgrading to Windows 8.1 because my laptop was booting up for no reason in past-midnight (I'm not sure if automatic Windows Update was to blame or whatnot, tho), however, Windows 10 being in my laptop was an enjoyable ride (I like the Start menu, Edge and everything, unless if bug is involved). I'm sure it'll be one reliable OS once it's steady.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I haven't had any problems whatsoever, except that Office wants me to log in all the time and I don't want to but I also don't know how to stop it from popping up all the time.

Years
    I haven't had any problems whatsoever, except that Office wants me to log in all the time and I don't want to but I also don't know how to stop it from popping up all the time.
    Right-click whichever Office application you're using and run it as an administrator, then log in. After that, exit and try to run as a regular user. Does it still give you the login window?

Back