• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows, Mac, Or Linux?

Your OS

• Microsoft Windows

Votes: 102 75.0%
  • Apple Mac OSX

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 35 25.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    People need to read the thread. It's rather annoying when people only post saying which is better. It's about which you are running, n00bs.

I just replaced XP with Vista.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I've used it. I prefer KDE over GNOME. However, I prefer XFCE over KDE, and I prefer not having a pre-made desktop environment at all to that.

And fluxbox is even better. ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    To be honest, I love windows 7...
    So I'm running windows I guess...

Anyways..

Windows XP was too insecure so I took away that which I already said. I install Vista but it has no updated drivers for my sound card yet so I have no sound on Vista. I would install Seven, but I want to wait until it is officially released instead of installing the RC which I already have on DVD. So, I now have Ubuntu.

Years

Anyways..

Windows XP was too insecure so I took away that which I already said. I install Vista but it has no updated drivers for my sound card yet so I have no sound on Vista. I would install Seven, but I want to wait until it is officially released instead of installing the RC which I already have on DVD. So, I now have Ubuntu.
    I don't know about Vista, but I was able to install some XP drivers under Windows 7 for my sound card (integrated, though) until it was put into Windows Udpate, so you may have some luck trying your XP drivers. Not that I don't totally support you using Ubuntu, that is... :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I don't know about Vista, but I was able to install some XP drivers under Windows 7 for my sound card (integrated, though) until it was put into Windows Udpate, so you may have some luck trying your XP drivers. Not that I don't totally support you using Ubuntu, that is... :D
    I already tried. It's not compatible. >:

Ubuntu is : D

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I like Linux quite a bit. It's good for circumnavigating parental controls >:D

It's like the nightclub OS for my compy D:

Vista by day, Jaunty by night XD

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years

Anyways..

"Too insecure?" Unless you're a corporation, it really doesn't matter how secure the OS is. What matters most is that you have a good browser, a good anti-virus, and good browsing habits. Updating is important, but XP still gets updates, so that's irrelevant. I'm not saying you shouldn't move to Vista or 7, but your reason shouldn't be "the OS is insecure," and it definitely shouldn't be a justification if Vista is breaking your sound.

Zet

Years
    All you linux users should go back to Gentoo :( and all OSX users should switch to a windows machine and install OSX on it so you don't have to waste $2500+ just to "upgrade" your apple machine

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    All you linux users should go back to Gentoo :( and all OSX users should switch to a windows machine and install OSX on it so you don't have to waste $2500+ just to "upgrade" your apple machine
    Gentoo's cool, but I prefer Arch if I want to go the self-flagellating route.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I used to run Windows Me on my old computer. I've also had a little experience with XP and am currently running Vista Home Basic. No experience with Linux or OS X though! >_<

Back