• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
  • Slowly, but surely coming under new management <3
    Updates:
    Split the members list into Active and Non-Active.
    Added Halcyon, AlexOzzyCake, and Grey Cloud to Active Members.
    Will try adding events for club members.
    Our first featured Pokemon is Frost Rotom. Frost Rotom will be the featured Pokemon starting Sunday April 29, 2012
    Added Hikari10 as an active member.

Welcome to the Ice Paradise:
    Winter Haven
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club

The last Ice Club was somehow dead and inactive, so here I am to revive it! Now that you're here: To be a Co-Worker, just make a post saying you want to be one, and promise to be active. The maximum amount of Co-Workers is 6(I know, it's a lot really), but we know that many are not present this time, and some another time, and the more the better!

Rules
    -Follow PC Rules-
    -No flaming/spam/trolling-
    -To join, just read the SignUp below-
    -Hot arguments are acceptable, but not war-​

SignUp
    -Username-
    -Reason to Join-
    -Choose 1 Pokemon-
    -Answer any current topic-​

Partners
    We all love our furry friends, Pokemon! You have an option to start with one, but you don't have to have one..it's optional. You can choose any pokemon, as long as it has Ice as one(or only) of its type. You can give it a name if you like, a gender even. Every time you post 20 posts, you can get one more partner pokemon! On your 20th post, if you want to that is, also add you want [insert pokemon's name] as your new partner and I'll add! Of course, there's a limit: 6.
    -There can only be ONE shiny for each pokemon. So if you want one, get it.-​

Spoiler:

Current Topics
    You know....go with the flow. No need to be strict, as long as it's with ice. It's actually fun to sometimes veer off topic, but still be with the ice. Experiment I suppose.

The Ice Pokemon
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club

It will be updated daily...if school doesn't interfere(which is rare). Enjoy! :3​

Userbars

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Last edited:
    Years
  • Must. Join. Now!

-Which Ice Type is your favorite?
    I can't decide between Articuno and Glaceon! They are both so elegant and graceful! ^^

-Should there be more ice types or not?
    Ice types are a bit less in number in comparison to the other types, so yes.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • i'll join too! ICE is one of my favourite typings ever!
    i guess the old club really died in my absence.. but i'm glad it's been revived already, too!
    NAME: hiinotama
    PARDNER: Snout the Swinub.

well then, on-topic..
    ICEtype FAVOURITE?
    .... gah, that's hard.. i like so many of them! can't.. pick.. ugh!

MORE ICEtypes NEEDED?
    as much as i love ICEtype pokémon, and as much as there's much fewer of them than other types, i don't think they should push it to create new ICEtype pokémon. if it results in them creating nitwits like Vanillite.. i'd rather stick with the old ones.
    tho i did love Beartic. XD;

ICEtype LOVE!
    i love the ICEtypes cause they're obviously way cool! i love snow and ice too - that is, unless it makes me fall off my bike all the time in winter - so combine that with beautiful and yet destructive moves, and i'm completely sold! XD;

well, this'll do for now!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Must. Join. Now!

-Which Ice Type is your favorite?
    I can't decide between Articuno and Glaceon! They are both so elegant and graceful! ^^

-Should there be more ice types or not?
    Ice types are a bit less in number in comparison to the other types, so yes.

Welcome to the club. I take it you don't want a partner pokemon, right? But you're in other wise. :]

i'll join too! ICE is one of my favourite typings ever!
    i guess the old club really died in my absence.. but i'm glad it's been revived already, too!
    NAME: hiinotama
    PARDNER: Snout the Swinub.

well then, on-topic..
    ICEtype FAVOURITE?
    .... gah, that's hard.. i like so many of them! can't.. pick.. ugh!

MORE ICEtypes NEEDED?
    as much as i love ICEtype pokémon, and as much as there's much fewer of them than other types, i don't think they should push it to create new ICEtype pokémon. if it results in them creating nitwits like Vanillite.. i'd rather stick with the old ones.
    tho i did love Beartic. XD;

ICEtype LOVE!
    i love the ICEtypes cause they're obviously way cool! i love snow and ice too - that is, unless it makes me fall off my bike all the time in winter - so combine that with beautiful and yet destructive moves, and i'm completely sold! XD;

well, this'll do for now!

You're in too! I'll add your Snout and add you to the list. Welcome. :]

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • i'll join too ice is one of my favourite types
    -Username-DVK
    -Reason to Join-ice types have some of my favourite pokemon designs.
    -Choose 1 Pokemon- Froslass Please xD
    -Which Ice Type is your favorite?- Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass line
    -Should there be more ice types or not?- umm i think that there are sufficient ice types but i would love to see an ice/Steel typing, like say an ice porcupine with a steel skeleton and steel spikes sticking out of it's back or something like that, my spriting ability may make that pokemon a reality xD
    -What do you like about Ice Type Pokemon?- i like that they can obliterate the all-powerful Dragons haha :P

Years
  • I'm joining please

Username Hikari10
    Reason to Join I love Ice-type Pokemon
    Choose 1 Pokemon Cubchoo - it looks cute
    Which Ice Type is your favorite? I love Cubchoo/Beartic line, Glaceon, Dewgong, Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass line and Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine line
    Should there be more ice types or not? I think there should.
    What do you like about Ice Type Pokemon? The Ice type being a strong offensive type including knocking down Dragons!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • i'll join too ice is one of my favourite types
    -Username-DVK
    -Reason to Join-ice types have some of my favourite pokemon designs.
    -Choose 1 Pokemon- Froslass Please xD
    -Which Ice Type is your favorite?- Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass line
    -Should there be more ice types or not?- umm i think that there are sufficient ice types but i would love to see an ice/Steel typing, like say an ice porcupine with a steel skeleton and steel spikes sticking out of it's back or something like that, my spriting ability may make that pokemon a reality xD
    -What do you like about Ice Type Pokemon?- i like that they can obliterate the all-powerful Dragons haha :P

They also have my favorite designs as well, especially some of their theme colors. I hear you, I hear you...you're in! Welcome! I'll include your female froslass. :]

I'm joining please

Username Hikari10
    Reason to Join I love Ice-type Pokemon
    Choose 1 Pokemon Cubchoo - it looks cute
    Which Ice Type is your favorite? I love Cubchoo/Beartic line, Glaceon, Dewgong, Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass line and Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine line
    Should there be more ice types or not? I think there should.
    What do you like about Ice Type Pokemon? The Ice type being a strong offensive type including knocking down Dragons!

You're in Hikari10, and you shall be given a cute cubchoo! I like polar bears too. They are soo cute! :3

As to answer my own topics:

My favorite Ice types...hmmm...that's a hard one really. I'll have to go with Kyurem for being a dragon ice, the snorunt line, Weavile and Sneasel....delibird, snover line, and glaceon.
    Should there be more ice types or not? Idk...maybe a few more with new mixes like DVK said about ice/steel(I would use that in my team right away!), ice/fire(hey, there exists bug/fire, right?), and maybe, if possible, and maybe an electric/ice combo for a rare one...there exists electric/bug anyway!
    What I like about ice types are the fact I adore snow and cold weather! I also like what everybody else enjoys about them...the power to defeat Dragons! Most of their moves are beauty on the old contests, and I also like most of their designs and color themes. It's a personal favorite of mine.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • My favorite Ice types...hmmm...that's a hard one really. I'll have to go with Kyurem for being a dragon ice, the snorunt line, Weavile and Sneasel....delibird, snover line, and glaceon.
    Should there be more ice types or not? Idk...maybe a few more with new mixes like DVK said about ice/steel(I would use that in my team right away!), ice/fire(hey, there exists bug/fire, right?), and maybe, if possible, and maybe an electric/ice combo for a rare one...there exists electric/bug anyway!
    What I like about ice types are the fact I adore snow and cold weather! I also like what everybody else enjoys about them...the power to defeat Dragons! Most of their moves are beauty on the old contests, and I also like most of their designs and color themes. It's a personal favorite of mine.

i think and ice/fire pokemon may be pretty usefull but it would have to be something like say spyro the dragon haha! :P i mean it would have to have some sort pokedex entry like:
    [Pokemon name] hibernates in icebergs, once it wakes up from slumber, it uses an internal Thermostat to heat up to over 1000 degrees and escape.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Well...better than nothing, right? But I think you're right. Probably a dragon with an ice shelter and cold environment. Problem is, if it were a dragon, it would definitely be a dragon/ice and replace fire....so maybe some beast of folklore. XD I like your entry too, creative and gives detail into how it uses both abilities. Besides, I've seen a bug/fire(I didn't think it would happen, nor bug/electric). As for that, Kyurem might have fit the ice/fire mix, if he weren't a dragon that is.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • Problem is, if it were a dragon, it would definitely be a dragon/ice and replace fire....so maybe some beast of folklore. XD

i've to say at first when i read someone start on an ICE/FIREtype pokémon.. i thought 'ohhellno'. XD;
    i'd say they're just too.. opposite to make into one pokémon, if you don't want to go all Doduo/Zweilous anyway.
    but after DVK's entry, i might have just the idea..
    make it a white wolf or fox (tho really any carnivorous mammal might work)
    and give it some red stripes over its body.. and you'd get Okami's Amaterasu this for ICE/FIREtype.
    might even work for Gekigami for the ICE/THUNDERtyping.. but that'd be pushing it prolly. XD;

tho still i think even BUG/ELECTRIC would be easier to create than a logical ICE/FIREtype.. XD;

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • i've to say at first when i read someone start on an ICE/FIREtype pokémon.. i thought 'ohhellno'. XD;
    i'd say they're just too.. opposite to make into one pokémon, if you don't want to go all Doduo/Zweilous anyway.
    but after DVK's entry, i might have just the idea..
    make it a white wolf or fox (tho really any carnivorous mammal might work)
    and give it some red stripes over its body.. and you'd get Okami's Amaterasu this for ICE/FIREtype.
    might even work for Gekigami for the ICE/THUNDERtyping.. but that'd be pushing it prolly. XD;

tho still i think even BUG/ELECTRIC would be easier to create than a logical ICE/FIREtype.. XD;

yeah i actually thought of making it kinda like a a twin tailed snake or Canine! with like one tail of flame and the other a ice spike.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • yeah i actually thought of making it kinda like a a twin tailed snake or Canine! with like one tail of flame and the other a ice spike.

or maybe if we just set Vanillite on fire and call it Crème Brûllite.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I suppose you're all right, but it's possible! Either way, we need a banner for this group. Knowing that I am not good at banners, is there anyone who is willing to make a banner? Don't worry, I'll promote you or something if you like. :]

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • i'll make one tommorow when i get my computer back. Don't worry i have 5 years photoshop experience lol :P

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • i'll make one tommorow when i get my computer back. Don't worry i have 5 years photoshop experience lol :P

Oh, thanks. I'll try to make one since I only made one, but it looked good despite taking so long in making it. :paranoid: So....I think we need a new topic here. Do you think Cloyster should be considered part ice? Any Pokemon you think should be ice or shouldn't be?

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • WOULD-BE ICETYPES?
    the oshawott line should've been part ICE, i think. :/
    and for others.. well, there were a few more, but i can't think of them right now.
    also.. um.. cloyster IS part ICE, right? so yeah, i think that it fits it okay.. why not.. XD;

also i suck at making anything in any photoshopping program so ill leave the awesome bannerness to you. XD;

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • WOULD-BE ICETYPES?
    the oshawott line should've been part ICE, i think. :/
    and for others.. well, there were a few more, but i can't think of them right now.
    also.. um.. cloyster IS part ICE, right? so yeah, i think that it fits it okay.. why not.. XD;

also i suck at making anything in any photoshopping program so ill leave the awesome bannerness to you. XD;

That would be new, to see Oshawott line. They do look like ice types though, I mean, then that would mean grass wouldn't really affect it too much, right? I thought Seel should've been one, knowing ice moves and being a seal from the Antartica..or based on one I suppose.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • who do you guys think would be the most iconic ice typed pokemon? just so i can make some user bars.

DoctorSlavic

Shotgun Doctor
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    Username- DoctorSlavic
    Reason to Join- Because Ice-Types are as unique and powerful as they are beautiful.
    Choose 1 Pokemon- Kris; Glaceon Female
    Answer any current topic- My favourite Ice-Type is a tie between Dewgong, Lapras, Glaceon and Froslass. And it's because of how they look. FYI.

Now imma join!!!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • who do you guys think would be the most iconic ice typed pokemon? just so i can make some user bars.

Well, we need to stick with the pure ice types...so maybe Glaceon, snorunt line, cubchoo or beartic, cryogonal, regice, or the vanillite(ice cream) line? I have a banner planned in my head, all I need is to create it......but so far it isn't going according to plan. I got the color done...I just need the pokemon and finishing touches. But either pokemon is fine, as long as it looks like "ice" I guess.

Username- DoctorSlavic
    Reason to Join- Because Ice-Types are as unique and powerful as they are beautiful.
    Choose 1 Pokemon- Kris; Glaceon Female
    Answer any current topic- My favourite Ice-Type is a tie between Dewgong, Lapras, Glaceon and Froslass. And it's because of how they look. FYI.

Now imma join!!!

Go ahead, you're in! Now all I need is to update the main post........

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back