• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    First of all, after this post, GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT ICE POKEMON! Don't stray far from the topic of ice Pokemon like we're doing now xD
    As for being a new co-owner, pretty much just set new topics, keep the club active when it starts to go inactive and you can accept new members into the club, though you can't update the member's list because only Otherworld can. Don't worry about not doing your best or anything, a co-owner has go to start somewhere :3

Good Luck SP :D Now back to the ice types ...

Skip Class

Years
    Dewgong vs. Walrein?
    Well Im more in favour for 1st gen over 3rd gen so I'd say Dewgong, although I have a slight favouring for Spheal - It's so cute!
    Can't say much for stat-wise apart that Walrein has a higher base stat than Dewgong.
    I could say Dewgong because like I say I have a favouring for faster pokemon and dewgong is slightly faster than Walrein xD

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Im gonna have to say walrein. I really think it has a better design becayuse dewgong is really just a seal. Walrein is just walrus as well but it has a few different features.
    Walrein is probably also a better battler, although I havent used either of them.
    My vote goes to Walrein
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club
    VS
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Walrein wins in terms of statistics and usability

Dewgong Walrein
    Hp: 90 Hp:110
    Attack: 70 Attack: 80
    Def: 80 Def: 90
    S. Attack: 70 S. Attack: 95
    S. Def: 95 S Def.: 90
    Speed: 70 Speed: 65

So as you can see, Walrein takes the stat prize in every category except S. Def and Speed where it only loses by 5 points. It makes up more than enough of those points in other categories. Both Pokemon have the Thick Fat ability naturally, but Dewgong gets Hydation and Walrein gets Ice Body. Hydration allows Dewgong to fit more easily into Rain Dance teams as opposed to hail. The most common use of Hydration (which allows stat healing in rain) in Dewgong's case is by abusing Rest during Rain Dance. All that healing with no penalty <3 But, Manphy easily beats Dewgong in all statistical categories (it's stats are all 100) which makes Dewgong less useful. And also both Lapras and Vaporeon can do a better job than Dewgong in this niche if they decide to use their Hydration ability as obtained via dream world (I'd recommend against this because Water Absorb is much more coveted ability). Walrein on the otherhand has Ice Body (of which Dewgong can still get via Dream World, but is still once again statistically weaker than Walrein). Of Walrein's natural competition (meaning no Dream World), it's the best user of Ice Body (Ice Body is once again the ability to regain Hp in hail) to stall. While quite honestly Vanilluxe is the better Pokemon all-around, Walrein's signifigantly higher Hp and type combination make it the better Pokemon when it comes to stalling. It's dream world competition has two Pokemon that can rival it's abilities, Regice and Glaceon. The former makes a FAR better stall and the latter is used much more frequently for attacking purposes because of it's crippling Hp. Also be reminded that Dream World abilities are much more rare and harder to come upon. So disregarding Dream world abilities... Dewgong is overshadowed and Walrein is not. Making Walrein, debatedly, more useful in its niche. Walrein's Dream World ability, however, is also crappy Oblivious and Seel is a much better pre-evo than Spheal is (although, Seel is still overshadowed statistically by Sealeo). Seel is a great pre-evo Pokemon btw. Just throwing that out there if you decide to enter a little cup :3 It's a shame that it's not an ice type though :/

And Dewgong is named after a Dugong which makes it closer to a Manatee or some sea cow o.O But, physically... it more so resembles a Sea Lion and not a Seal. Sea Lions eat Seals which is the funny thing imo o.O

I still prefer Dewgong in design personally. It's much more pretty looking and there are more Dewgong memes than Walrein memes. Dewgong has the "Dewgong cries" and "Dewgong's horn is so hard" memes <3

Did I go too overboard?

Last edited:

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
    ohai there people. i haz returned.
    now here's hoping my return won't kill the activity, lol.

now then, back to business .
    DEWGONG vs WALREIN?
    ooo. i don't really know. i think i'ma have to go with Walrein tho. i used to like Dewgong alot more due to its design (i always like pokemon almost purely for their design, lol) but now i think i switched over... Walrein always served me very well playing through Sapphire, too, after all.
    iono. i guess i got used to him. XD;

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years

DEWGONG vs WALREIN?
    ooo. i don't really know. i think i'ma have to go with Walrein tho. i used to like Dewgong alot more due to its design (i always like pokemon almost purely for their design, lol) but now i think i switched over... Walrein always served me very well playing through Sapphire, too, after all.

I am exactly the same I dont care what so ever about statitistics and base what pokemon I like completely off looks

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years

DEWGONG vs WALREIN?

:O That's the same reason why I fell in love with Jynx. I picked her up in gold and loved her <3

Is it okay to start a new topic once most/all of the regulars have posted? Or would it be best to wait a few days between each topic? Well anywho... one that I came up with!

Shellder and Seel are both pure water types that evolve into half ice types. Should they have been ice types along with their evolved forms or are you fine with how they currently are?

I definitely feel that Seel should have been a half ice because Seels are based on Seals and Dewgongs are based off of Dugongs. Seels actually live near ice floes while only the ancient species of Dugong lived near ice floes. So if Dewgong, who aren't even supposed to be icy because of their naming origins, are ice types... then so should Seel!

As for Shellder... it learns an even ammount of Ice and Water types attacks so why not?

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    :O That's the same reason why I fell in love with Jynx. I picked her up and gold and loved her <3

Is it okay to start a new topic once most/all of the regulars have posted? Or would it be best to wait a few days between each topic? Well anywho... one that I came up with!

Shellder and Seel are both pure water types that evolve into half ice types. Should they have been ice types along with their evolved forms or are you fine with how they currently are?

I definitely feel that Seel should have been a half ice because Seels are based on Seals and Dewgongs are based off of Dugongs. Seels actually live near ice floes while only the ancient species of Dugong lived near ice floes. So if Dewgong, who aren't even supposed to be icy because of their naming origins, are ice types... then so should Seel!

As for Shellder... it learns an even ammount of Ice and Water types attacks so why not?

Well, I agree with you there. Unlike the others, I feel so unique now, since I go for a combination of good looks that fit my taste, and very good statistics. Well, speed doesn't really matter. Either way, Seel really could be ice, in my opinion. Shellder could be...a possibility, but I do think they should.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I agree, Seel should be Ice, I actaually always thought he was ice until I read this.
    Shellder dosent look much like ice so it sirt of fits that it is pure water.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
    ooh. does that mean i'm considered one of the 'regular posters' too? somehow that makes me happy.
    tho i only just came back from a 3-week-leave so i can hardly be considered a regular.. lol

topic tiiiime!
    SEEL/SHELLDER ICE?
    mm.. i'd agree with Seel having to be part ICEtype. it just fits.
    shellder.. meh. i don't feel shellder should've been ICE necessarily.. i'm not even sure Cloyster should have to be ICE per se. :/

what about the Piplup/Oshawott lines, people? shoulda been part ICE?

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Piplup could be ice but that would get rid of the awesome steel/water typing.
    I dont think that oshawott looks ive though but samurott could use another type, dont know what though

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Piplup could be ice but that would get rid of the awesome steel/water typing.
    I dont think that oshawott looks ive though but samurott could use another type, dont know what though

I can see where she means it. Oshawott's face kind of looks like a snowman imo which is where the Ice type ressemblence is ^.^ And Empoleon should have been :/ I don't even care if it ruins the awesome water/steel type T^T The piplup line was the only thing that we could DISTINCTLY call a penguin. We've all been confused about Delibird being a penguin and as much as I love <3 Delibird, I still think the Piplup line does a better job at being a penguin ^-^'

Btw hiinotama... I DO consider you a regular because I know that if you didn't poof, you'd be a regular for sure. And I also have a sneaking feeling that you'll love this just as much as I do.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

I want it soooooooooo bad. I mentioned Delibird in this post and this is the first thing I thought of <3

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
    And I also have a sneaking feeling that you'll love this just as much as I do.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

ahhh! you're right, that's just amaazing! XD;
    but it's still second place in my most-wanted plushie list. swinub! T-T

honestly ever since i saw Oshawott for the first time, i thought it should be a (partly) ICEtype. i don't even know why, it just does.
    i guess you're right and its cause of its white head.
    somehow i don't think Empoleon should've been ICE instead of STEEL. but Piplup and Prinplup should.
    .... yeah, i'm so weird..

andwell.. the first time i saw Delibird (which was in the anime) i didnt even realize it was a penguin really.. i was so surprised it used ICE moves! XD;

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    ahhh! you're right, that's just amaazing! XD;
    but it's still second place in my most-wanted plushie list. swinub! T-T

honestly ever since i saw Oshawott for the first time, i thought it should be a (partly) ICEtype. i don't even know why, it just does.
    i guess you're right and its cause of its white head.
    somehow i don't think Empoleon should've been ICE instead of STEEL. but Piplup and Prinplup should.
    .... yeah, i'm so weird..

andwell.. the first time i saw Delibird (which was in the anime) i didnt even realize it was a penguin really.. i was so surprised it used ICE moves! XD;
    It looks like the "unofficial" topic is ice type Plushies :P

Sadly that Swinub Plushie has moved down to third >.<

[Winter Haven] Ice Club
    [Winter Haven] Ice Club

I like the Piloswine Plushie better even though I like Swinub better as a Pokemon :x

The first time I saw Delibird... lulz. I didn't care for the bird. It was in the games and everything I read about it said that it sucked :x I liked it a little better in the anime though and I would be liek... OMGOSH! Where is that Delibird <3 Yeah I grew attached to that thing. I also joined PC when Delibird Delivery was the standard skin and I LOVED it <3 I only switched my skin when Winter Friends came out and that's the skin that I always use :3

I'll make a new topic on my next post if you folks would like me to :3 I can always fire one up!

Skip Class

Years
    Ack sorry been away, my internet's been a bit slow until today:

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Do you know how much I'd like to cuddle that rigth now xD Same with the Delibird. Though I'd like a Sneasel one thanks xD

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Welcome back! ^ is another person I consider a regular :P

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

I've never been fan of those more doll like Plushies... I like them more fat and plump (and hairy) so the Sneasel doesn't have too much priority. Terrible quality pic, but it's a nice size and you can make out the details ^-^'

As for that new topic that I promised:

I like Ice types because they're either cute or graceful and majestic. That's the way that I've always seen them... as cute or graceful and majestic. What words would YOU use to describe Ice type Pokemon?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    SignUp
    -Username- Okjoek
    -Reason to Join- The cold hard unforgiving world is a place where one may die, survive or thrive.By mastering it I shine...
    -Choose 1 Pokemon- Froslass
    -Answer any current topic- I'd have to say my favorite ice type user is glacia of the hoenn elite four.​

Personaly though Sinnoh was more deserving of a master ice type user. It has the most ice types of any region. For example a good E4 team would be:

Abomasnow, froslass, mamoswine, weavile, lapras and glaceon. This team has plenty of coverage for an ice type team which normaly has terrible coverage.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Words I use to describe Ice pokemon
    To me ice types seem like the 'regal' type of pokemon. You know like they are sort of mysterious yet beautifull (froslass)

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    SignUp

-Username- Okjoek
    -Reason to Join- The cold hard unforgiving world is a place where one may die, survive or thrive.By mastering it I shine...
    -Choose 1 Pokemon- Froslass
    -Answer any current topic- I'd have to say my favorite ice type user is glacia of the hoenn elite four.​

Personaly though Sinnoh was more deserving of a master ice type user. It has the most ice types of any region. For example a good E4 team would be:

Abomasnow, froslass, mamoswine, weavile, lapras and glaceon. This team has plenty of coverage for an ice type team which normaly has terrible coverage.
    Welcome to the club! It might take a while to get added, but feel free to make posts :3 otherworld is busy nowadays, but that doesn't mean that the club has to trickle out!

@Ciax I like that one. It sort of combines a lot in it :3 And Froslass is definitely a beauty queen!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back