• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wisdom teeth

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    I still have my wisdom teeth; they grew in fine and aren't a nuisance to me and I do fear surgery would make my jaw issue worse if I were to undergo it.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I had mine pulled a year ago, and I heard a lot of conflicting info, some people told me recovery was quick and painless, some people said it took about a week and would be hell to recover from.

Personally I had a pretty smooth experience, and it was actually a positive experience because of people supporting me during it. I had a friend fill in for me for something important I was doing, and had a friend who had his pulled about a week before I did so he was able to give me direct information at the best opportunity. Thankfully I was completely under during the whole thing, and I woke up in a bed in the hallway. A nurse came by and asked if I was okay and when I told her yes and tried to get up, I immediately fell back down again, I remember her asking if I needed a pillow and I could barely speak, it's funny to look back on it now. Once I got home and had a well-deserved nap, things were back to normal, bleeding stopped after maybe a couple days, and I was already used to mouth pain from months of having braces. I'm fortunate I was able to get them removed right around the time I started noticing they were a hassle for me, and that it was a quick recovery that actually left me with positive memories.

I've had eight teeth pulled over my lifetime, and funnily enough, I have no idea what's happened to any of them. I was given my wisdom teeth for some strange reason, but since I moved houses not too long after, they went missing because I didn't know what to do with them. I still joke that my teeth are lost treasures out there somewhere in the world. What's the procedure for disposing of human teeth, anyways?

Back