• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Woah, Hello

StarstruckFlora

The Dingus
    Days
    Heya everyone! you can call me by any name that you think fits me!

I am a dingus who loves to meet new people, and I decided, why not go ahead and join something relating to pokémon. ^^
    Ever since my first experience with Pearl, I have been in love with the series (even if Pearl is still my only real experience with gen 4, well, actually I am playing platinum and soul silver for the first time right now, but that is besides to point)! 😖

I will state that this here is my first experience with forums, so, sorry if I don't exactly have the correct etiquette to have haha.

I have mostly joined this server cause I have been interested in just... what the pokémon community is really like! been working on a very simple diamond and pearl hack as of recent, that changes the encounters so that the GBA insert encounters (pineco, seedot, seviper, solrock...) appear in the main game, it isn't much but it is a start ^^

Anywho, as for actual pokémon games, I can't say I have a favorite however, as for my favorite pokémon mechanic, it has got to be breeding, finding out about egg groups yourself and collecting different egg moves is just, wonderful to do in my personal opinion, heck, I find it less confusing than pokémon battling which, except for the single player stuff, I... don't exactly do all that much.

ANYWHO, I am hoping that everyone's day goes as wonderful for everyone, and I wish you all a good day! 😀

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years

I am a dingus who loves to meet new people, and I decided, why not go ahead and join something relating to pokémon. ^^
    Ever since my first experience with Pearl, I have been in love with the series (even if Pearl is still my only real experience with gen 4, well, actually I am playing platinum and soul silver for the first time right now, but that is besides to point)! 😖

I will state that this here is my first experience with forums, so, sorry if I don't exactly have the correct etiquette to have haha.

I have mostly joined this server cause I have been interested in just... what the pokémon community is really like! been working on a very simple diamond and pearl hack as of recent, that changes the encounters so that the GBA insert encounters (pineco, seedot, seviper, solrock...) appear in the main game, it isn't much but it is a start ^^

Anywho, as for actual pokémon games, I can't say I have a favorite however, as for my favorite pokémon mechanic, it has got to be breeding, finding out about egg groups yourself and collecting different egg moves is just, wonderful to do in my personal opinion, heck, I find it less confusing than pokémon battling which, except for the single player stuff, I... don't exactly do all that much.

ANYWHO, I am hoping that everyone's day goes as wonderful for everyone, and I wish you all a good day! 😀

Hello Flora! Welcome to the forums!
    I see your avatar is Aipom, is that your favorite pokemon? my favorite is Vaporeon!
    Well, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years

Welcome, it's a pleasure having you here. I can tell you, you are gonna have so much fun being here; there a lot of things to talk and always would find a place for everyone here.

Speaking about some favorite Pokémon mechanic, i like try catching every single Pokémon i can. It's very interesting see what you can found and there are such variations on the species.

I didn't play Gen 4, because i mostly play Gen 3 and the diferent rom hacks it's developed for this generation.

Gosh, ¿are you working on a Pokémon Diamond & Pearl hack rom? That's fascinating to know about. Keep going with your game designer (if that's what you are going to do) and stay motivated.

Anyway, ¿do you like Pokémon for battle or just how friends?

StarstruckFlora

The Dingus
    Days
    Hello Flora! Welcome to the forums!
    I see your avatar is Aipom, is that your favorite pokemon? my favorite is Vaporeon!
    Well, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

While not my favorite pokémon (even if I adore aipom, love using the little guy when I play Gold/Silver), it is my favorite typing!
    My favorite pokémon would have to be Chansey; Normal types are just really cute to me haha.
    Vaporeon is pretty alright I have to say, however, the eeveelutions weren't always my favorite personally 😅

Welcome, it's a pleasure having you here. I can tell you, you are gonna have so much fun being here; there a lot of things to talk and always would find a place for everyone here.

Speaking about some favorite Pokémon mechanic, i like try catching every single Pokémon i can. It's very interesting see what you can found and there are such variations on the species.

I didn't play Gen 4, because i mostly play Gen 3 and the diferent rom hacks it's developed for this generation.

Gosh, ¿are you working on a Pokémon Diamond & Pearl hack rom? That's fascinating to know about. Keep going with your game designer (if that's what you are going to do) and stay motivated.

Anyway, ¿do you like Pokémon for battle or just how friends?

Trying to go for every pokémon is always fun to do!
    Personally, I like using the most pokémon I can in a run, mostly because my favorite part about pokémon is simply the customizability aspect of it all!
    And as stated before, I don't exactly care that much for battles? or I mean, I do, afterall, the pokémon series is mainly about the act of pokémon battling, however, I much prefer doing contests of breeding pokémons to collect egg moves!
    I also enjoy learning about different pokémon and the lore of the region you are in, be it through pokédex entries or by speaking to everyone my playtimes tend to be...... on the longer side of things is all I will say haha.
    Gen 3 itself isn't a generation I have finished a whole lot of times, mostly because something about gen 3 doesn't feel... right to me, I might have to replay it sometimes. ^^

edit: (I may have just realized that I don't know how to reply to messages... sorry about that looool)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hello there StarstruckFlora, and welcome to the PC!
    I went ahead and merged your posts together because they were right after each other, but in the future, all you need to do to reply to people is click of the "Respond" button on the bottom right of each post you want to reply to, then click on the pencil looking button that will show up after you hit the respond button/s. But be sure you do this before you type out your replies, cause hitting the pencil button will overwrite anything you may have already put here. 👍

Years

Hello, StarstruckFlora, and welcome to the forums!
    I love to meet new people too!
    What are your favourite egg moves ?
    A good day to you too!

StarstruckFlora

The Dingus
    Days
    Hello, StarstruckFlora, and welcome to the forums!
    I love to meet new people too!
    What are your favourite egg moves ?
    A good day to you too!
    While I can't say I have a favorite egg move perse, because of how varried they can all be, my favorite moves to give to a pokémon have got to be Psych Up, Psych Up just allows the user to do a bunch of stupid things and I simply adore that!

Years
    Hello!

I have bred a lot, but I just use Ditto as I could never be bothered with the egg group stuff lol
    I have done an attempt at having every Pokemon with HA and as many egg moves on it as possible though, but for that Serebii just lists who are compatible per egg move so I just looked there =P
    I also didn't start actively breeding till gen 8 as the mechanics were just made much more accessible. '

Normal types are great. They're in my top 5 favorite types =3

Did you ever do the PokeStar studios movies/scenarios? Did you like doing those if so?

StarstruckFlora

The Dingus
    Days
    Hello!

I have bred a lot, but I just use Ditto as I could never be bothered with the egg group stuff lol
    I have done an attempt at having every Pokemon with HA and as many egg moves on it as possible though, but for that Serebii just lists who are compatible per egg move so I just looked there =P
    I also didn't start actively breeding till gen 8 as the mechanics were just made much more accessible. '

Normal types are great. They're in my top 5 favorite types =3

Did you ever do the PokeStar studios movies/scenarios? Did you like doing those if so?

I just find egg groups fun to learn and guess, mostly because it gives a new layer of lore to the world of pokémon ^^
    As for pokéstar studio, I believe that is a Black and White 2 thing, which are games I haven't exactly played, I own both but I never got to play either of them haha, sorry to dissapoint ^^;

Years
    I just find egg groups fun to learn and guess, mostly because it gives a new layer of lore to the world of pokémon ^^
    As for pokéstar studio, I believe that is a Black and White 2 thing, which are games I haven't exactly played, I own both but I never got to play either of them haha, sorry to dissapoint ^^;

Black 2 is my second favourite Pokémon game (after Red). I definitely recommend Black 2 / White 2, between all the neat means to train Pokémon (so many Rare Candies, the Black Tower / White Tree, the top level trainers, the Audino, ...), a Galleria you can devote to raising Happiness, an underwater treasure worth over 1 000 000 pokédollars, etc!

StarstruckFlora

The Dingus
    Days
    Black 2 is my second favourite Pokémon game (after Red). I definitely recommend Black 2 / White 2, between all the neat means to train Pokémon (so many Rare Candies, the Black Tower / White Tree, the top level trainers, the Audino, ...), a Galleria you can devote to raising Happiness, an underwater treasure worth over 1 000 000 pokédollars, etc!

Unova as a whole seems like such an interesting region! I just haven't had the thought to ever really try it in recent years haha, maybe one day!

Anywho, all I can say is thank you everyone for the warm welcome, I will do my best to be active around this here forum 😁

Back