• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woops *delete*

Have you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • I don't give reputation.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Have you ever deleted reputation you gave to someone else?

And yes, you can do that. When you give reputation (negative or positive), you go to look at the reputation you gave to others and there will be a '[delete]' next to it for a few minutes.

Have you?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • No because I've only ever given out reputation twice since the feature was re-enabled and I didn't know it was possible to delete it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I meant to report someone, and I gave them positive reputation..so I deleted it. I have no idea how I gave them positive rep instead..

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Nope, never. I only give out reputation occasionally to keep it special. When I do give it out, I'm sure I want to so I won't make a mistake.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    No, if I choose to give reputation, I won't delete it. I never have and probably won't ever.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    No, never. It's not like rep matters anyways. . I rarely even give it out. I think the last time I gave out a rep was about. . Over a month ago.​

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • I give out rep because I felt that the user deserved recognition for a quality post. What's the point in taking it back?

Last edited:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Yeah. I gave someone negative rep, 'cause they offended me. The guy said sorry, and he didn't think it'd offend me, so I deleted the negative rep.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    I delete rep sometimes, when I need to, but since I rarely give rep anymore, as it doesn't happen often.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Never deleted it. When I give out rep, I think about whether or not the post is really deserving before I do, and my judgement hasn't let me down enough to take back my decision on any occasion.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I was somewhat transfixed by that button,
    But i'm not that cruel :D
    I rarely give out neg rep so i don't ever press the delete button D8

Years
  • Nope. If you get neg rep from me, the only way it's going to be deleted is by an admin. And if it's +rep, then... I don't care enough to want to take it back.

Ayselipera

I only gave out rep once and I didn't even know what I was doing. So since I knew the minimum about it I would have never known that you could delete it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I gave one out and later realised I had missed something which nulled its purpose, still, even if I knew about deleting reputation it would've been too late. :0

As of about a month ago, though, I've stopped giving reputation in any case.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't recall deleting rep, but if I have it was probably to test something. Also, I make sure the person actually deserves it before giving them rep nowadays.

Back