• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Working at McDonald's

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Pillar of society and all that, like O07_eleven says. Lacking a university education seems almost like something to be proud of; there's a certain worldliness in working-class people that I don't see otherwise, a certain joviality about their lives too.

There's honest hard work that needs doing e.g. mowing lawns, construction, being a garbage collector. Those aren't all too fancy but they're genuine roles in society that need doing. Even factory workers who do the same things over and over, it may not be glamorous but until those processes become automated we still need people to do that and I can respect people who step up to the plate and put all their effort into doing jobs snobs like me won't touch.
    But, the more automation, the more unemployment, no?

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm not one who frowns on places like McDonalds or Burger King, but I do frown on the fact that when you have a job interview with them they never get back to you to tell you whether you are successful or not. I remember an interview with Burger King that went well, but they lied consistantly about why they shouldn't hire me.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I don't want to work in any fast food joint. Not because I find 'low class' or anything like that, oh no. I don't eat there because I know I'll always be hungry because of all those foods around me and I'll probably be eating most of the time instead of working. I get really hungry when I'm around food :T

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    My second job was Burger King and I was there for two years. Luckily, it was just a part-time job while I studied at college. It would have driven me crazy to work there full time. Horrible. Customers look at you and act like you are the lowest of the low, the pay sucks, shifts differ from week to week, leaving you with no guarantee of actually having a shift. And the worst is the managers, who think that they have the greatest freakin' job going. In the end, I told the manager where to go and quit on the spot.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I think everyone should work in a fast food place in their life. It really gives you life experiences and it helps you branch out, especially as you probably are working with people you would usually never hang out with.
    I worked at KFC for two and a half years. I hated every minute of the job, but it helped me grow up and branch out so much. I was super shy and quiet and after working there I became more outgoing and I met so many people that I would've never talked to and we've became such close friends. Quitting was a sad day and I miss my co-workers a lot but I felt it was time to move onto a better job.

Congrats on your first job though, it's exciting having your own money!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I work at McDonalds right now, and enjoy it there most of the time. I've worked there about a year, and I'd say most of the people there like me. There are two different types of McDonalds you can work at: corporate and family owned. The one I work at is family owned, and as a result you can get away with more things. Regardless though, it's still like the 3rd. busiest McDonalds in Kentucky. lol

Anyways, I've worked there for a while. I've seen many people come and go. Most of the people I work with are my age, in high school. That's because I normally work nights and after school. A lot of the people I work with are also really dumb. I've worked with a lot of annoying people, but they normally get rid of those really quickly. I'd say that McDonalds is a good first job, but I wouldn't want to work there for a long time. After I graduate, I'm working at UPS.

I was thinking of becoming a manager, but when you do that the General Manager like possesses your soul or something. The pay's better, but still not all that great. You can gt paid way better by working somewhere such as Amazon or UPS. The grossest thing I've seen: probably a rat flying on the grill.

Haha jk.

Back