• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Working for the weekend!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I get to go home at Friday. I get to leave uni at Friday. FRIDAY GIVES ME MY SANITY BACK!!

Then Monday comes along and screws me up silly.

Years
    Answering my own topic here..

Anyways, back when I was in school, I always looked forward to Friday, unless it was test day. Usually on Fridays when I had tests, especially when it was a test I didn't really study for, I was nervous and wished that those Fridays never came along. However, on Fridays in which I didn't have major due dates, tests and or quizzes, I always anticipated those and walked into school with a large smile on my face, sometimes bragging about the fact it was Friday and that I was looking for the weekend.

Nowadays though, I've been treating Friday like an ordinary day, simply because of the fact that I hadn't been in school this semester. And when I return to school to begin my first semester of college in January, I'll have Fridays off so that I can get a full 3-day weekend.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Since I don't work or go to school at the moment, Fridays and the weekend are just ordinary days to me. When I was in school I got so excited for Fridays cause I could finally get away from the stress of school . I still enjoy weekends , but it's just not as exciting. My dad likes making something special for breakfast such as sausages, or pancakes, waffles, bacon, cinnamon or eggs on Saturdays and we usually have something such as doughnuts or gooey butter cake on Sundays. Once I get back into school (hopefully in January) and start working, weekends will become something to look forward to again.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Other than sleeping, the weekend is my favorite time of my life. I don't look forward to them because then they'll go by faster and I'll have regretted not enjoying the events of the week, but I sure as hell lavish in them when they do come around.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    By the time Friday comes around, I'm all out of ****s to give. If you ask me to describe myself with one word, I'd describe it with the word done, because that's what I am. I'm just done. Saturday I usually spend by myself recharging up until the evening hours, and that's when I usually hang out with a friend if anyone wants to hang out. I usually spend the day alone and sleeping. I treat Friday like a normal day, because by the time Friday is over with I do the same thing that I do every other weekday.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Most of the time I'm ecstatic when it's Friday! Even if I have to work I just enjoy sleeping in and relaxing for at least part of my weekend before I have to go to school and my week becomes hectic again. I do try to do something fun every weekend however. I'm definitely always ready t leave work and school (lol). Mondays suck!

Back