• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I've just remembered it's the turn of Holland tomorrow, they'll be exciting. Then I remembered I'd be at school for that match and the only match I'll catch tomorrow is Italy. Great I miss Holland, probably my third favourite international team, and I get boring, negative Italy. Excuse me for not being too thrilled.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    OMG! Holland (Well the Netherlands) is my favorite team too. :D Nice to see another Oranje supporter.

I'll watch the game tomorrow for you. :D I, on the other hand, don't have school. :P

Years
    Excellent, finally some action in this tournament but Australia should feel hard done by.

I think they went in for the three points against a German side which was much more attacking than usual and it backfired as Germany opened them up in the first half but in a fair world it should have been level or possibly a 1 goal advantage for Germany. Then the second half and everything just blew up, Germany put in an excellent attacking display (Ozil especially did well in the game, as expected.) and Australia are just left to pick up the pieces for the rest of the tournament now. Can't see Australia getting out of their group now with no Cahill and surely a poor morale.

Both of the earlier games were pretty dull.

EDIT: Typical. Thanks to school, the Holland game will be the first I miss, I want to watch them damn it. I'll only catch a bit of the Cameroon game too.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I'm SOOOO excited to see how the Dutch do... I feel as though the Netherlands, (ranked 3rd or 4th, depends on the ranking) are going to break the curse of obliterating through group stages by wide margins and not producing results in later rounds.

They always kick butt and everyone starts watching them, and then I don't know what happens (maybe its a curse from the '74 and '78 world cups), they play bad and get there butts handed to them by lesser teams.

Remember the UEFA Euro in '08. The Dutch beat France (WC '06 Runner Up) and Italy (WC Defending Champs)in the so called group of death really really badly with scores of 4-1 and 3-0, respectively... People start to go "Oh [Insert Expletive Here]!, The Dutch are dang good".................And then they lost to Russia in the next round 3-1.

That was a real dissapointment. That made me not want to watch the whole rest of the UEFA Euro except for the Final....Imagine if the Netherlands had actually not choked....They surely would have won the tournament...

But..that's another issue.

'Til then, I'm expecting 3-1 tomorrow...Should be an exciting game actually...

Years
    Hopefully Germany can still make it even without Ballack. Anyone know what happened to him by the way?
    He somehow got injured by Boateng, I think it was something with his knee, but not sure.

Great match by the way, I seriously wasn't expecting Germany to be that good after losing that many players shortly before the World Cup. But, except for maybe the first 2 minutes in which Australia dominated, few stuff went wrong. Both yellow cards were unjustified in my opinion, to me it looked like Özil trembled and Cacau actually got fouled.
    Only disappointment was Gomez, he was terrible as usual. I have no idea why Löw chose him for the team, we have way better players.

To bad I'm going to miss most of Germany vs Serbia, the game is so damn early that school gets in the way that day...

Years
    Hopefully Germany can still make it even without Ballack. Anyone know what happened to him by the way?

Broke his ankle in the FA cup final against Portsmouth.
    I watched that match and it was cracking! (No pun intended).

It was a 50/50 challenge, so nothing could really be done about it. :/

Years
    Who is Argentina facing next? I really hope the US does better the next game also. And are the dutch good, never heard anything about them but idk?

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    The Germany vs Australia match was pretty intense in my opinion. I knew that once Germany scored their first 2 points that Australia wouldn't win. I have a feeling that Germany will only get better.

It's a shame that I'll be missing the first two matches of tomorrow. I really wanted to see the Japan and Netherlands teams.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Who is Argentina facing next? I really hope the US does better the next game also. And are the dutch good, never heard anything about them but idk?

haha, that's my point.

No one, except for people who are REAL soccer enthusiasts who follow it A LOT really now about the Netherlands.

And yes, they're REALLY good. They were the first team in Europe to qualify for the World Cup. They did NOT lose ANY match in qualifying. The only other team to do so was Spain.

They're ranked 3rd or 4th in the world. Pretty much everyone on the team is on a top team.

But don't be surprised when you start hearing them being mentioned all the time on ESPN. Give it a couple weeks.

They're not hot on the radar right now meaning they're good and people who follow soccer a lot now they're dang good but they're not being talked about much...

They're going to be talked about a lot VERY soon. The same thing happened during the UEFA Euro. Give it a couple weeks. The round of 16 will start and the rest is history....

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    The game is at 7:00am Eastern Time. (GMT -5:00 or -4:00 I think). But it'll really start at 7:30 in the morning.

Years
    uggghhhh i gotta wake up early then... uggghhhh thats gonna be 6 in the morning here lol i can try to catch it all probably end up getting up in the middle of it...

BTW does anyone else want to see if someone can take a roulette and make it into a shot, while doing the turn?

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    They can pretty much beat any team out there right now. Robben, one of their strikers is injured from a hamstring injury. It's almost healed but the coach won't let him start tomorrow because they fear he might re injure it. Robben is one of their best, but the team is so deep, that the team in this group stage right now, it won't make a lick of a difference if he isn't there. He should be completely fine by the next match though...

Recently, they beat Hungary 6-1 in a friendly.
    They also beat Ghana (the team that beat Serbia today) 4-1. These two matches were just last week or so.

Their backups beat us and Mexico 2-1 a few months back.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Netherlands will be in the first 4 places in this world cup, but i know they'll probably not win. They do a great football show, but when they play agaisnt teams that have high score ratio, they always lost. That's what happened in 2008 (lost 3-1 to Russia).

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Many people say they only lost to Russia because van Persie and Sneijder began feuding at that time.. and they're two of the best players on the team. It created some discord and bad blood.

Back