• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    Being Irish,it is pleasing to the eye to see what's happening in the French camp. I find it funny but I can't help but feel sorry for the French. But,I suppose that they are inflicting it on themselves and are not caring/working and it's disgraceful. I believe England may be heading down the same road. And you can't blame Capello for everything. No players will pick up a mirror and say "I could have done better" Playing the blame game.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't think it is all Fabio's fault, no way.

The players in the last match just looked like they didn't want to be there. Only Barry was playing well.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Oh my god, Portugal 7-0 North Korea. And Ronaldo did score today. North Korea might have been looking good against Brazil, but they were lol today.

Edit: Switzerland 0-0 Chile at half time, its going a dull draw till now.

Last edited:

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    XDDD;
    Yeah, England was defeated by Portugal in the semi-finals, and I didn't like that D:<

Well, Portugal are getting off to a good start today and hopefully, they'll give us a better performance.

Defeated England in 2004 and 2006, twice at penaltys.. the only good thing that Ricardo (portuguese goalkeeper) did in his carrer :D

And today? 7-0
    I also can't believe. Today we play like a real team. Even if North Korea is a weeker team, it's not easy to beat someone by this score. GO PORTUGAL! :D

Years
    Well some of the things I said before the tournament are coming together now.

Chile are doing well and as the bookies were saying North Korea are shipping the most goals, can't believe I missed that battering.

Come on Honduras tonight!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Defeated England in 2004 and 2006, twice at penaltys..

Those were nail-biters D:

Portugal were awesome today. I had expected a lot more from N.Korea.
    Spain will and should win tonight |D

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    If you haven't noticed, football is also a question of luckiness! Switzerland beat Spain but got beaten by Chile! But I must say I was impressed by Portugal. The only thing I don't quite get is that out of 7 goals Christiano Ronaldo only scored 1 xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    tomrrow we are kicking greece ass, anyone frmo there I can tease a little? MWHAAHAH (yes, I get like an ass with the world cup)

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Tomorrow I agree with Devils Guitarist Argentina gonna win anybody gotta say something different? NAH you can't cause it's true lol! =)

I hope so, Greece out of world cup! ;D
    México 1-1 Uruguay (Goodbye France :D)
    France 1-0 South Africa
    Argentina 2-0 Greece
    South Korea 2-1 Nigeria

Fire Wolf

Years
    Argentina can still be knocked out if Greece win 3-0 to boost their goal difference to +2, and lower Argentina's goal difference to +1. Then, Nigeria has to win 4-0 or South Korea has to win 3-0 to qualify. Highly unlikely, but still I hope Argentina gets knocked out :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Well, during my holidays I have watched more matches than I would have if I had stayed at home, but I wish thay had been better. Maybe it's the horrible vuvuzuela sound, maybe it's the terrible ball, maybe it's just that everybody is stupid of a sudden, but some matches have been horrible. Too many.

Brazil and Argentina look very promising. Brazil because they win their matches, mainly, because they don't look that terrifying until they score. And Argentina because they finally got Messi playing instead of wandering aimlessly around the field.

Europe is playing really badly. I'll be happy to see France and Italy go away because they are an absolute disgrace, and England isn't far behind.

At least, I'm more confident after yesterday's results: we'll avoid Brazil just by beating Chile (I know it won't be easy, but beating most of the teams in the World Cup isn't easy, after all, specially the ones from the UEFA or the COMENBOL) and scoring as many goals as Switzerland. We missed way too many chances but we got just what we needed, and it's better to miss 15 shots on a match against Honduras in the group stages than against Germany in the quarterfinals.

After all, it's how it ends, not how it starts. I keep thinking of the latest Basketball Euro Cup, when Spain lost the first match and played rather poorly in the group stages, and ended up winning the final by over 20 points.

That's why I still can see Italy winning this mess.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Why do everybody think "vuvuzelas" are annoying. I find they give a pretty nice environment.

Fire Wolf

Years
    Vuvuzelas aren't annoying, they are very annoying and irritating, the voice they make is like that bees are after you.

Today, I think Uruguay will beat Mexico, France and South Africa will draw, Argentina will thrash Greece and Nigeria will beat S. Korea.

Back