• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Oh god damn, I had betted with three people that Netherlands will win. I was supporting Spain in the final, but as because 38/44 people in my class were supporting Spain, I decided to support Holland. Paul should go to Spain :D. Some celebrity chef in Spain said he'll remove octopus from his restaurant's menu after Paul correctly predicted Spain-Germany :o.

Paul has predicted that Germany will beat Uruguay in the third place match.

Years
    Well, the Octopus has spoken. I should start celebrating now, we have won the World Cup.

World Cup South Africa 2010

LOL! I saw that before, made me laugh.

What does everyone think of this world cup?

After all the hype, I think it has been very disappointing, more so from the England camp.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I think it's been a great World Cup. I was disappointed with England but most of the matches I've watched have been great. It got off to a slow start but once Matchday 2 came then the tournament was excellent.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    For me too it was a great world cup, but sadly England and Switzerland crashed out early. I wanted a Uruguay vs Germany final, but that couldn't be :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    For me too it was a great world cup, but sadly England and Switzerland crashed out early. I wanted a Uruguay vs Germany final, but that couldn't be :(
    Look on the bright side, at least you got a Uruguay vs Germany third place play-off.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Am I the only one who thinks that this world cup wasn't so great as it could be? And it isn't because Portugal was sent home early, there were few goals from teams we expect more (ex.Spain). Also, there were a lot of draws in the group stage. Only when we got in the quarter finals we started to see better matches. So, now we have Spain - Netherlands for final.. two great teams playing good football.. but I hope they both lose, unfortunatly it's impossible -.-

Years
    Well, third place certainly went to the team we all expected it to.

Uruguay gave them a good game though and Forlan inches away from putting them into extra time.

I hope next time we see Muller and Ozil it'll be in a Man Utd shirt.

Just the final to go now.

Years
    Outstanding 3rd place match today with consistent entertainment throughout the game. Either Forlan - or Muller - wins Player of the Tournament, or I don't recognize the award. On another note, Grand Master Paul is right on yet another match. I want a piece in case anyone ever gets to cook him; maybe I'll inherit his oracle powers and make millions on bets.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Simply amazing, I wanted Uruguay to win (Forlán fan here) but Paul was right once again. Hopefully he'll get a clean sheet and get tomorrow's result right as well XD

The match was quite fun, with errors and chances in every side. When Germany scored, I rooted for an equalizer so the match would last longer. Congratulations to both.

Years
    Outstanding 3rd place match today with consistent entertainment throughout the game. Either Forlan - or Muller - wins Player of the Tournament, or I don't recognize the award. On another note, Grand Master Paul is right on yet another match. I want a piece in case anyone ever gets to cook him; maybe I'll inherit his oracle powers and make millions on bets.

Muller is amazingly only in contention for the young player award.

Ozil or Schweinsteiger will probably nick the proper one ahead of Forlan.

Simply amazing, I wanted Uruguay to win (Forlán fan here) but Paul was right once again. Hopefully he'll get a clean sheet and get tomorrow's result right as well XD

The match was quite fun, with errors and chances in every side. When Germany scored, I rooted for an equalizer so the match would last longer. Congratulations to both.

Forlan *Shakes fist*.

I hope Paul isn't right so it is a hat trick of good predictions for me.

Before the tournament I said, Ozil would be a star, Chile or Paraguay would do well (Last 16, Quarters) and Netherlands would win.

Maybe I'm just as mystic as Paul.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The 3rd place match was a winner of a game. I wanted to see Uruguay win and they also played so well. An applause for them.
    Only around 8 hours to go till the final. I need to wake up early. DX School's closed tomorrow..that's a relief P:

Years
    I'm surprised by the support for the Netherlands, everyone seemed to rooting for Spain at the start of the world cup.

Time for the painful choice between the advert breaks of ITV and the terrible commentary of BBC.

Back