• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    You have to feel so sorry for poor Asamoah Gyan and for Ghana.

Years
    It'll get even better after this, Spain V Paraguay & Germany V Argentina, bound to see some good attacking play.

I wonder what the odds would be on a Paraguay-Uruguay final.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    YAY! Uruguay qualify for the semis. Now, we just have to upset Netherlands to reach the final after a... loooooooooong time.

I feel bad for Gyan and Ghana, sadly they couldnt be the first african team in the semis, but whatever, Uruguay qualified in the end :D

Suarez was sent off late in the game. Does that mean he'll miss the semis?

Nuke, a Uruguay-Paraguay final would be the battle of the Guay's ;D

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    They're won't be a war, but their might be a riot. I forget which one it was, but there was a huge riot in South America a while ago over a match.... Uruguay vs. Paraguay, eh? Not happening...

I've been right so far about the Quarters....Hopefully Germany beats Argentina and Spain beats Paraguay.

I was soooooo ecstatic today about the Dutch winning..I'm sure you all know by know, they're my favorite team..by far.

And yes, Suarez will miss the Semis, which will be a huge advantage for the Dutch even though they're better than Uruguay by far..

I think the finals will be Netherlands and Spain but if it is Netherlands and Germany, that'll be incredible. The Holland-Germany rivalry is just as strong as the Brazil-Argentina rivalry...

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I bet the Netherlands will suffer (maybe a lot? lol) if Wes Sneijder is red carded or something in the semis. I see him scoring all the goals for the dutch. >_>

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I mean they'd suffer but the roster is pretty deep...He's never been red carded in an international.

I'm surprised he's been the one scoring most of the goals. In qualifying, Robben and Van Persie contributed much more than he did...

But if Robben had been there from the start, I think he might've been the one who's scored more goals.

Fire Wolf

Years
    Predictions:
    Uruguay vs. Ghana
    Netherlands vs. Brazil

Germany vs. Argentina
    Paraguay vs. Spain

Yeah, I really think that Paraguay will beat Spain.

Both my predictions have gone wrong till now. I delibrately predicted against the team I was supporting so I don't jinx them. Now I'm hoping that Germany beat Argentina and I don't care about the Paraguay vs Spain.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I don't really care about PAR vs. ESP either....I predicted a Spain win, but I hope Paraguay upsets them because I really don't want to see Spain in the final...

They'd be the Dutch's biggest challenge. Spain's defense awesome. And I'm not using that world lightly, it really is world class.

Villa would be able to exploit the Dutch's "decent" defense.

Fire Wolf

Years
    I want a Uruguay vs. Germany final, but that probably won't happen as Uruguay won't probably beat Netherlands.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    If Uruguay beat the Netherlands, I honestly think they would get owned in the final by any of the remaining teams left, except for Paraguay.

Fire Wolf

Years
    Well, if Uruguay beat Netherlands, they can win the world cup as if they could beat Netherlands, they could pretty much beat any team remaining, except for probably Spain.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    If they beat the Netherlands, that'll be a shocker. The Netherlands are ranked 3rd in the world, Spain is 2nd. (ELO rankings) You're saying that they could beat all the other highly ranked teams but Spain would be an exception?

Of course, any team can be beaten but still..Upsets happen...

But to say they would beat the other teams the same way they beat the Netherlands? That's utterly ridiculous...

So they could beat Netherlands, but couldn't beat Spain which is really close to the Dutch in terms of rankings and ranking points?

The teams left are pretty different...

Beating the Netherlands doesn't mean that they could beat any team remaining. Each match will be different...I mean do you seriously think people thought Switzerland would win the world cup after upsetting Spain, or even get very far? They surely couldn't beat Chile the way they beat Spain.

I'm not trying to start and argument or anything but man....

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I'm afraid I have to think Netherlands will beat Uruguay. I just don't see Uruguay in the Final quite like I do the Netherlands.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Yes, and all the white South Africans will be really happy if they do since they speak the same language and support the Netherlands.

Fire Wolf

Years
    Germany 1-0 Argentina!

Mueller scores in the third minute to give the Germans the the lead. Now I hope Argentina don't pull off a Netherlands like comeback.

Years
    Germany 1-0 Argentina!

Mueller scores in the third minute to give the Germans the the lead. Now I hope Argentina don't pull off a Netherlands like comeback.

That'll make it interesting.

Argentina were sure to be the more attacking team and now we'll see their world class attack probably go at Germany's weakest area (defence of course) until they score.

Germany could bag more on the counter attack if Argentina don't take care (like against us).

Back