• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I'll Vote for Argentina. Why? They have my support, now I'm currently watching them battling Germany. Even lose, I'm still watching SA FIFA 2010 and see who's the winner. I love Soccer, I'm wanna be like Lionel Messi someday.

Years
    Germany has a great keeper, a great defense, a great midfield, and a great attack great coach. That scoreline against Argentina says everything about what Germany has to offer this year.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Yesterday, a South American team was unexpectedly defeated by a European team.

Today, a South American team lost unexpectedly to a European team.

I wonder, how much money people lost through bettings?

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I knew Germany would win big. So far I've gotten all of my quarters predictions correct. Only thing left is for Spain to win today...

Argentina's Achilles heel is its defense. A bunch of people got caught up in the Maradona-Messi frenzy and forgot that this Argentinian team barely qualified in this world cup.

I would love to see a Germany v. Netherlands final... Shades of '74

Years
    I knew Germany would win big. So far I've gotten all of my quarters predictions correct. Only thing left is for Spain to win today...

Argentina's Achilles heel is its defense. A bunch of people got caught up in the Maradona-Messi frenzy and forgot that this Argentinian team barely qualified in this world cup.

I would love to see a Germany v. Netherlands final... Shades of '74

I remembered their qualifying and after seeing Guitterez and Di Maria played in defence, I'm actually surprised they got this far.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Paraguay played really well against Spain. Why don't England work as hard as Paraguay did?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Paraguay played really well against Spain. Why don't England work as hard as Paraguay did?

Because they're a bunch of overpaid, overhyped, egotistical, ageing, money-grabbing, ignorant tossers? Just a thought...

Gutted for Paraguay as they were actually the only team left in the competition who I don't hate.

Years
    England should go to the future now.

The younger players would be very grateful for the shirt and play their hearts out and after two years of playing for the side they'd be ready for Euro 2012.

I only way I see anything changing for the better.

In truth, things'll get worse if we dont because the next generation doesn't look so good.

Years
    Germany's defense is AMAZING. And they're young too, they have a good chance of advancing very far this year.

The semis are going to very interesting. x3

Years
    I has Germany in my work sweepstakes, we all got a random team, I lucked out.

I may be British, but this time, I'm backing the Germans!

If they win the world cup, I'll make a good amount of money.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Spain win, its three european teams in the semis. Who said Europe was having a bad WC?

I never even thought in my dreams that Uruguay would be the last remaining South American team in the world cup.

I'm hoping that now Germany get their revenge on Spain for the Euro '08 loss. Germany, thrash Spain now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Spain win, its three european teams in the semis. Who said Europe was having a bad WC?

I never even thought in my dreams that Uruguay would be the last remaining South American team in the world cup.

I'm hoping that now Germany get their revenge on Spain for the Euro '08 loss. Germany, thrash Spain now.
    It happens every World Cup. The South Americans tend to do better in the early stages but the Europeans tend to do better in the later stages.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Well, I'm finally awake after partying last night XD Hopefully we'll play Germany better than anybody else since we know them better and they aren't an ultradefensive team. Hopefully we'll manage to do a Serbia and beat them and get to the finals XD If we win, I'll get like €200 so I sure hope we do.

And that was the craziest match I have watched. How many penalties happened in 5 minutes? XD And the referee ignored a third one on Cesc, but who cares now. We beat them and that's what matters :D

Yesterday was an amazing day. I feel bad for Messi, but Maradona deserved every single one of the four goals. Maybe they will do better in Brazil if they hire a real coacher for once.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    I left the Argentina vs Germany game at half time because i was too tired, but i never expected it to be a 4-0 thrashing.

Germany played great, poor Argentina.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I hope Germany beat Spain because Holland vs Germany is one of the ultimate grudge matches. Also, the Spanish side play horribly boring football and are thoroughly dislikeable in my opinion. Germany have played beautiful counter-attack football and their work-ethic is just admirable.

Germany had considerable difficulty breaking down Serbia and Ghana.
    If Spain can keep it tight at the back and unleash Villa at the right times they have a good shot imo. Could go either way.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I've never really liked Spain, but who knows. Maybe they'll have an amazing performance to convince me of their prowess.

Years
    I hope Germany beat Spain because Holland vs Germany is one of the ultimate grudge matches. Also, the Spanish side play horribly boring football and are thoroughly dislikeable in my opinion. Germany have played beautiful counter-attack football and their work-ethic is just admirable.

While I do want Germany to go through to see more of the beautiful game, I can't agree that Spain play boring football, Xavi & Iniesta can pull off some slick passing moves and Villa & Torres can create some amazing goals. I wish they'd incorporate the wingers a little more though as Silva and Cazorla, among others, could create some good stuff too.

Back