• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst cartoon you've ever seen?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Everything on Cartoon Network, everything on Nickelodeon in the past 5 years, excluding Last Airbender. There are legit like...no cartoons I like anymore. I prefer most shows aimed at preschoolers tbh. They're just...better. Max and Ruby, Blue's Clues, stuff like that. Not Dora lol.

PS: Vendak, I love KotH. <3

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Pretty much all of the newer Nickelodeon shows are awful in my opinion, and everything Disney ever did I remember never liking, even when I was a kid.

However, I'm a fairly strong lover of Adventure Time and Regular Show.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
    However, I'm a fairly strong lover of Adventure Time.

Adventure Time for me. I love that show. I like the YEAH UHH or however they laugh in Regular Show xDD. Other than that I only watch that and 2 other shows and anime.

Pretty much most shows today are crap. To me Hub and Disney XD are the worst channels I ever seen

Years
    Adventure Time for me. I love that show. I like the YEAH UHH or however they laugh in Regular Show xDD. Other than that I only watch that and 2 other shows and anime.

Pretty much most shows today are crap. To me Hub and Disney XD are the worst channels I ever seen

@All people who love Adventure Time:
    That show really impressed me. Even though the art is crap, I was impressed by how, in this episode I was watching, they managed to fit in an aesop that was basically "don't be a sociopath and people will like you." Like legit. They used the word "sociopath" in a kid's show. That's awesome.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hmm, I can never think of a cartoon that disappoints me to be honest.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I guess the biggest failure of a cartoon would be The Cleveland Show. Family Guy certainly has its problems, but before it was cancelled and resurrected it had a darkly comic tinge to it that wasn't really anywhere else in animation or TV in general. American Dad! I genuinely like a fair bit, mainly for its zaniness and general madcap plots that most shows wouldn't dream of doing.

But... The Cleveland Show is just bad and boring and boringly bad, and tedious and bleh. It takes the worst elements of Family Guy and American Dad!, smushes them together with the more boring character in the former show, and just comes off looking like a rehashed conglomerate of the two. It's just a failure on nearly every level, unfortunately.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Fosters home for imaginary friends and Camp Lazlo. Both just smell of fail.

Whatever happened to the good cartoons? You know, Tom and Jerry, Road Runner (Doubt its the name, but you should know the one im talking about. If not, its the cartoon with the road runner and the cayote that tries to catch him and fails every time), Ed Edd'n Eddy, KND, Dexter's Labatory, and a few others that I can't remember.

Years
    Fosters home for imaginary friends and Camp Lazlo. Both just smell of fail.

Whatever happened to the good cartoons? You know, Tom and Jerry, Road Runner (Doubt its the name, but you should know the one im talking about. If not, its the cartoon with the road runner and the cayote that tries to catch him and fails every time), Ed Edd'n Eddy, KND, Dexter's Labatory, and a few others that I can't remember.

This. So much.

I will say it again, the demise of Toonami (may it rest is peace) marked the downturn of cartoons for me, especially on Cartoon Network.

Years
    I know it's meant for little kids, but I ****in hate Wow Wow Wubbzy! I had to watch some episodes when my sister was little. That high-pitched voice... Dear god, I was in hell.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ed, Edd and Eddy & Tom and Jerry are the worst cartoon i have ever seen. IMO

jpp8

Producer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013
    You know those cartoons from Japan? Oh my god, are they terrible. All they do is pander to the insecurities of shut-in social rejects who are willing to shell out wads of bills for their product. And the animation is extremely minimal as well most of the time which defeats the purpose of being "animated". ANYTHING coming from this godforsaken country is a good candidate for worst cartoon ever produced.

Aside from that, the Street Fighter cartoon. Guile as the main character? Ryu and Ken even regularly occurring support characters? Stereotyping everyone to a degree that was less charming than the original Street Fighter? "Secret organization of Street Fighters" crap? Changing alliances? God, the Super Mario cartoons were more faithful to the source.

There's also a couple of CGI shows from like Nickelodeon that were painful to watch, but debating their status as "cartoon"/can't remember names.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    This. So much.

I will say it again, the demise of Toonami (may it rest is peace) marked the downturn of cartoons for me, especially on Cartoon Network.

Agreed, though the fall of cartoon Network is often to blame on the 2007 Boston Bomb Scare, whic caused Jim Samples, the then head of Cartoon Network, to step down, his replacement Stuart Snyder had OTHER plans for the network however.

There's also a couple of CGI shows from like Nickelodeon that were painful to watch, but debating their status as "cartoon"/can't remember names.

Is Fanboy and Chum Chum by any chance one of those shows you are talking about, because I know how you feel.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, as your average animation enthusist, I can name a few terrible cartoons.

Johnny Test - Not funny or entertaining in the slightest bit.
    The Looney Tunes Show - What happens if you take classic Looney Tunes characters, strip them of their personality, throw them into a sitcom, and remove anything that makes them "looney". This is what you get.
    Family Guy - Stopped being good after the cancellation.
    Allen Gregory - It's not really funny and it just feels weird for a cartoon.
    A great portion of Cartoon Network/Adult Swim's programming. - You know the ones, *cough*problemsolvers.*cough*

As for the people who don't like Adventure Time, it's not everybody's cup of tea, but I sincerely give it another shot.

And for the people who don't like "My Little Ponies"...are you guys talking about the stuff before My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Because if you aren't you are serriously missing out on a great cartoon series. I'm not a brony, I just enjoy the cartoon like any other show.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    Cow and Chicken

This cartoon disgusted me, especially that naked red dude with the disturbing voice. I can't see the concept behind such a dreadfully-executed and ludicrous cartoon show.

My Gym Partner's a Monkey

The title is weird to begin with. This show also had its disgusting moments. I just found it grotesque and stupid.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I guess the biggest failure of a cartoon would be The Cleveland Show. Family Guy certainly has its problems, but before it was cancelled and resurrected it had a darkly comic tinge to it that wasn't really anywhere else in animation or TV in general. American Dad! I genuinely like a fair bit, mainly for its zaniness and general madcap plots that most shows wouldn't dream of doing.

But... The Cleveland Show is just bad and boring and boringly bad, and tedious and bleh. It takes the worst elements of Family Guy and American Dad!, smushes them together with the more boring character in the former show, and just comes off looking like a rehashed conglomerate of the two. It's just a failure on nearly every level, unfortunately.

I couldn't even get through one episode of The Cleveland Show.

I actually don't even care how bad it really is. It replaced King of the Hill and I will never forgive it for that. There's no way it can compare to KotH.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Anyone remember "Out of Jimmy's Head"? No? GOOD! That was probably the worst show Cartoon Network ever produced, probably even worse than Problem Solverz. Within the 13 episodes that were produced of that abomination, there was not a single funny moment, not even by accident (ok, I admit, there was ONE moment in ONE episode that made me chuckle a bit, but that was it), they tried adding a laugh track near the end of the show's run, but it didn't help at all, it only contributed to the series cancellation more. It's a WONDER why so many have forgotten about that series, mainly because they WANTED to forget about the series, and sucsessfully did.

Back