• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst game you have ever purchased

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    Or a list, if you can't pick just one.

My unknowing parents just bought something called "M&M's Kart Racing" for Wii. It's undoubtedly the poorest Mario Kart knockoff I have ever seen. I mean, the thing's nearly unplayable. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Castlevania, kid Icarus, Super Mario RPG (please don't hate me) and Sonic Unleashed, what was I thinking with that last one...

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Undoubtedly the second Code Lyoko DS game. The first one was great, the Wii game was pretty good, but the second DS game was much more horrible than I can describe with words.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Arc the Lad: End of Darkness for the PS2. I loved the first four games, so I bought this as soon it was released, and this probably killed the series. :/ The battle system, characters, and story were terrible.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    'Inuyasha and the Secret of the Cursed Mask'

. . . .

Yeah.

That game was just.. omg. The concept could've been awesome, but it just didn't work at all. I think I got about half way through it back in 2005, and haven't ever played it much sense. The animation was choppy, and poor.. the character sprites were all chibi, and the voice acting.. x__x just.. no. Oh, and they tried to make it some type of weird dating sim on the side of the plot. o_O

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Worst game I ever purchased? That's hard to say, almost all of the games I buy are good, since I usually rent/test them first.
    I guess I would have to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, even though I adore the characters, it was a pretty bad game. They probably should have just had the people behind some of the Mario sports titles help out.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring for GBA.

Words can't describe how truly terrible this game is. The gameplay is boring, the battles are mind-numbing, and it's horribly glitchy. There's even one door that you have to go through to advance the game in Moria that freezes the game every time, and the workaround for it is horribly unreliable (basically it's up to luck).

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Pokemon Trozei for DS.

It was such a stupid weido game.....That's all I can say.......

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I don't buy games until I've reserched it for... long period of time before spending my money on it, but I CAN tell you a game I ended up not liking because of the battle system being dumb, and that game just being stupidly hard.

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time.

It wasn't bad, just the controls were a;lkfhg, the battle stsyem was wonkey, and it was one of those

~*~gain 20 levels before you can beat this boss~*~
    *time passes*
    ~*~congrats, you won! now gain 30 more levels, cause the next one's a doozie~*~

...kinda game. Those are only fun if you like all the characters(for me), and(for me), I really only liked the main character, Fayt. AND THE FREAKING RIDE THE TURTLE THROUGH THE MINE REALLY FAST AND DON'T DIE, MAKE SURE YOU GO THE RIGHT WAY OR YOU'LL NEVER BEAT IT mini game was the most annoying thing on the planet. ON THE PLANET.

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Probably Nagano Winter Olympics 98'. Seriously that has to be the worst game EVER.

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    lol. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, most likely.
    Man, I have to COMPLETELY disagree with you. Oblivion is one of my ultime favorite games, and it won a ton of awards. lol

The worst game I bought was 2 Worlds. It is a cheap knock off of Oblivion. The cover said, "Oblivion On Steroids." Yeah right....

Back