• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst game you have ever purchased

Years
    Stronghold 2. Stronhold Crusader was such a great game, but the sequel...
    It was cheap (iirc ~6€) for a reason.

Despite most people labeling the 4th Spyro as the end of its popularity (even though it did suck ass), I think the real death of Spyro began with all this "new begining" garbage. Just because you put David Spade as Sparx DOES NOT MAKE IT FUN. (Despite being very short, Spyro: A Hero's Tail was actually a boost for the series, involving somewhat intersting platforming and a nice graphic style, with good control as well. Even though straying from the original Spyro conventions such as collecting every gem, it was still good fun for the 5 hours it lasted).
    I don't have, but already saw these new Spyro parts, and i've to agree. They suck.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: I bought it and the game kept glitching on me for some stupid reason so I ended up selling it after the first day and I never played it again.

Phantasy Star Universe: Stupid storyline and very repetetive gameplay. Your pretty much doing the same thing over and over again and theres no point in having mages in your party at all because you can easily recover hp by item spamming and attack mages are comepletely pointless.

Years
    My god a bunch of you guys are calling good games, bad?! >:O

Gasp, people with differing opinions to yours? THE HORROR.

lol. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, most likely.

I'd have to agree, at least in terms of value for money. I paid like £30 for the game, and I never played it for more than five minutes. I've probably played worse games, but I don't think I purchased them with my own money.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Probably Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I though Bioware could do me no wrong. :(

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I gotta say Lost Magic for the DS and a couple of looney tune games for SNES. I do not know why I bought these games. I played them for like maybe 3--5 days when i got them and now I guess i'll just sell them... lol they are boring games and they seem bad to me. lol :p

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I have a lot of crappy movie tie-in games that I got as a kid (a Grinch themed Pac-Man game, wtf?), but the worst game I have played was Sonic and the Secret Rings. Absolutely unplayable. I could not control properly.

Years
    Sonic the Hedgehog for Playstation 3.

Also The Sims 3. So not worth the 50 dollars plus the extra 70 bucks used to pay for a new graphics card so it could be played. The graphics are still bad! Black, shady triangles always appear.

If you have an nVidia card, that may be why your graphics look like trash. EA still hasn't fixed the problems the game is having with some nVidia cards. I personally uninstalled it and reinstalled the game in order to revert it to v1.0, and I couldn't be happier. No more saving issues, no more crashing glitches, and very little problems in comparison to the newest patched version.

But anyway, the worst game I ever bought (excluding my two copies of E.T. the Extra Terrestrial for the 2600) would probably be Wheel of Fortune for the PS2. I didn't by it for myself, I bought it for my mom, but after playing it for about 10 minutes with her, we both agreed that it was complete crap. I still have it, just so I can laugh at the fact I still have it. All I can say is that it was ten cents not well spent.

Years
    Also The Sims 3. So not worth the 50 dollars plus the extra 70 bucks used to pay for a new graphics card so it could be played. The graphics are still bad! Black, shady triangles always appear.
    I don't see how you can blame it on a game that you have to buy a new graphics card to play it? This is common for PC games.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Guild Wars is the only bad game I've ever bought, the friend that recommended that to me got an earful of how bad I thought it was and he deserved it. It was so dull & terrible; I could've spent that £10 on something cool, like chocolate.
    GUILD WARS WAS HORRIBLE. Thankfully I didn't use my own money to get it. I prefer Warcraft 3 or Diablo.

Years
    Hmmm...I WOULD say Dark Cloud 2...but I actually gave that game a chance to improve xP
    However...Final Fantasy X2 :| I'm a guy...and I know it was mainly aimed at girls...but I rented it because I was curious...after the first battle I felt like breaking the abomination and I would have if it wouldn't have cost me more then I was willing to pay for a couple minutes of satisfaction. I mean...seriously...I bet even girl gamers were offended by that garbage.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I once got a poemon ruby from gamestop and it didn't even work!!! After that I got a flash cartridge and started downloading game onto it. PLZ don't spam my user thread about how i'm a pirate. The way I do it is all legal.

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
    Dragonball Z: Sagas for the PS2. The gameplay/fighting was atrocious and you can only fly as high as you can jump; you'd have to jump off a high ledge to fly really high. I mean, you can't even ascend or descend!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    Without a doubt, Sonic and the Secret Rings. I STILL don't know why I got that game. I broke it in half then flushed it down a public toilet. Then I realized I could've sold it. Oh well it deserved that death.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Star Wars: Galaxies... I bought it about two years too late and spent $15, plus the original $49.99 and there was about two people playing besides me. Plus, I couldn't figure out how to play. XD

Years
    'kay, um,
    diamond pearl, and platinum were a big let-down,
    spore creatures was complete excrement,
    mystery dungeon was acceptable only because it brought roguelikes to pokemon,
    but if you honestly liked mystery dungeon, grow up and play a roguelike like Nethack or ADOM.
    I've noticed that, with the exception of a few games, The more money ya pay for them, the worse they are. Freeware is the best.

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
    Without a doubt, Sonic and the Secret Rings. I STILL don't know why I got that game. I broke it in half then flushed it down a public toilet. Then I realized I could've sold it. Oh well it deserved that death.

lol, what a cruel death. I think that the Sonic games started sucking as soon as it left the Sega Genesis. I mean, they're still good on the handhelds though.

Back