• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Worst Gym Leader

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
  • I guess ill just recount my troubles with all the gym leaders XD.

Falkner: He wasnt too hard, but that Pidgeotto with its Roost was annoying. It was faster than my Pokemon, so I could never hit it first.

Bugsy: Easy. I had a Typhlosion for my first run so owned it quickly. A Croconaw that new Ice Fang by that time, so wasnt too difficult (Except his stupid Scyther..Gah U-Turn is annoying >_<), and then a Lapras and a Sneasel for my challenge the third playthrough.

Whitney: Miltank was the only problem..Due to it not having many weaknesses, added with Rollout and Milk Drink, make it a worthy adversary. Wasnt too hard though.

Morty: Simply put, easy. I had Sneasel and Gengar by that time for my latest playthrough, and for my first and second he fell prey to my Typhlosions fire attacks, and my Feralagatrs Crunch.

Chuck: Easy with my Gallade. Psychic types ftw?

Jasmine: Surf owns. XD. Was super easy, once I brought my Lapras out. Though Steelix was a tad annoying with Iron Tail..

Pryce: Easy. Though of course his Dewgong was annoying, especially with Rest, and im pretty sure he had Sleep Talk, so he was quite challenging.

Clair: I had Ice Beam on my Lapras by this time, and Ice Fang on my Feralgatr on my second playthrough, so it was UBER easy. Though she is annoying..

(For Kanto ill go in order of the R/B/Y and Lg/Fr badges)

Brock: I dont even remember facing him, thats how easy he was.

Misty: Pikachu with Thunder ftw?

Lt. Surge: He was trouble. I think it took me on my third try (the other two I wasnt really being serious >_<) to finally beat him. His Raichou is quite something.

Erika: First playthrough with Typhlosion, easy. Second with Feralagatr and Ice Fang, easy, third with Lapras and Sneasel, easy.

Janine: Not too much of trouble..

Sabrina: Erm, from what I remember, wasnt too difficult, since my Pokemon were over leveled at the time.

Blaine: Surf...Ftw again.

Blue: His team, was probably the most difficult out of all the Kanto leaders, but it was still painstakingly easy.

That was just by their teams, not about attitude and whatnot. I think the Kanto gym leaders should have been harder, since all of their teams were in the 50s, way too easy..They should have had progressing levels to make it harder..Oh well.

Katastrophe

I feel infinite.
    Years
  • I think it'd be a tie between Whitney and Clair.

For Whitney, I don't remember my team too well, but I remember I was using an Onyx that swept everything in that gym except Miltank. I think Onyx had Miltank down to like, 1 HP when her Rollout took him down. Rollout then proceeded to get more powerful and OHKO every other Pokemon I had until probably my abusively trained Quilava scorched it. That was the closest I came to actually losing a gym fight. All the others got swept. But then she cries so.... yeah.

For Clair, I'm actually on the verge of fighting her now. Regretting not training that Dratini I got from Voltorb Flip if not just for her Kingdra. I just swapped out Gyrados for Lapras to get STAB on Ice moves so I'll probably just have to brute force Kingdra down with my Scizor or something. I love my Scizor. She's a tank in disguise. <3

But her whole... not giving you the badge thing... it's hard to say what's worse: crying, or poor sportsmanship?

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I thought this topic was purely about who you hated the most, not partially that and partially the toughest....

Clair was the most challenging. Whitney comes in second.

As for who I hate the most...DIE CHUCK DIE! He's fat, ugly, he is nearly irrelevant to the plot (only reason he is relevant is because he's a Gym Leader), and he has one of the lamest teams of all the gym leaders. Although both of his Pokemon themselves are kind of cool (out of the available Fighting types at the time anyway...ugghh...) his two-Pokemon team is pathetic.

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
  • Based on difficulty Whitney, I'll only accept victory against a gym leader if I have used the same amount of pokemon or less against them, her miltank is awful when your team is all male >.>

personality, Clair shes just a sore loser who wishes she was half the trainer Lance was and is bitter about it, just give me my badge and man up.

-Can Man

^ Since '99
    Years
  • The worst strat leader: Sabrina, Skill Swapping everything hoping for the best and using mimic all the time even though Mime was faster haha.

The most annoying: Chuck by a mile! Had to actually train to beat him :P

Years
  • I have to say Clair & Whitney.
    Clair, mainly because she didn't give me my damned badge and then to find out her own gramps found her unworthy? Ugh.

Whitney-the crying annoyed me. And her miltank with that milk drinking move.

Years
  • I have to say Bugsy the second time because of her vespiquen OMG! That dumb thing kept power gemming my flying and fire especially HO-OH because it takes 4x damage thanks to flying and fire but now all my Pokemon are lvl 65 so I'm good no other leader really gave me trouble

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I say Chuck. I was just fighting him a few minutes ago. First, my Scyther would Wing Attack his Poliwrath, and then he would be Body Slammed into paralysis. I would use a Full Heal, but it was too late. Next, Weepinbell came out. After 10 minutes of Hypnosis, fainting, and reviving, I finally was able to land a Solarbeam, KOing Poliwrath.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2020
    Clair.

She was such a whiny person >_> jealous you could answer the questions and she couldn't xD

Years
  • Claire was a pain for me, I hate battling her. I also remember she was a problem for me back in the original G/S/C games.

Years
  • Can I say Lance? I've challenged him like 20 times and I still can't beat the cheat, I'm sure he used cheats to get all of the dragonites.

Back