• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Overall Anime Series?

What's the worst dubbed anime series so far?

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I think the main reason I like Hoenn was because it was Unique. There was many pokemon I loved in the series and I loved the music. The way it was unique to me was because contests came in and all that. I loved Team Magma and Aqua. And May I loved. And because it was a new start. And like I said. I just loved May period.

Years
  • I go with Unova.
    Nothing can be compared to the excitment of the very awaited Pokemon League, and so this excludes Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Orange Island's final battle with Drake was pretty much awaited as well, and so was the Battle Frontier's battle with Brandon. They were kind of the same really.
    Which leaves Unova with quite a stretchful progress, as it takes forever for Ash to get to the Nimbasa City gym, let alone the CITY itself. But who knows, the longer you wait - the more anticipated the Unova League becomes. Probably just three years left. Can't wait!

Years
  • Unova. It plays out as a boring children's program entirely lacking in interesting characters and comedy. Overall, I despise it and cannot fathom how anyone could like it.

I also dislike Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. While I like May and much prefer her over Misty, I still find Contests to be a drag. They play out as overglorified pet shows lacking in zest and excitement. I also felt the rivals (both Ash and May's) were aggravating, Team Rocket and Brock were by and large poorly utilized, and the Team Aqua/Team Magma storyline was weak and uninspiring.

I found Sinnoh to be a disappointment, too. Dawn was a May clone, Team Rocket and Brock were still poorly used the vast majority of the time, and many of the rivals (both Ash and Dawn's) were insufferable characters. The only upside I can think of is that it introduced Conway, Lyra, Khorey, and Angie, all of whom were entertaining characters who brought life to the show.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    And Scott85/Gliscor'd would choose Johto. I know it.

He has to go into a rant even when the topic is nothing about Johto. "Do you think Oshawott will evolve?" "Obviously it will because this isn't Johto" *facepalm*

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can't stand Unova's arc. Something about it just doesn't interest me, and while I watch it every now and then, I'm not interested in keeping up to date with it. The only good episodes were the first few, but after that... I guess I agree with Nightmare Goddess. It doesn't play out right to me like Pokémon should, and I don't really like the change of character design they made in Ash. He looks too childish, even though I know he's supposed to look 10.

Years
  • I couldn't stand it when the anime went into the Sinnoh region. It just wasn't as...interesting. Also, I wasn't a fan of Diamond/Pearl. That didn't help at all.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • I stopped watching the Pokemon episode's when the Unova ones came out. Ash has a new, weirder voice plus his new companions suck, i have how Iris keeps calling Ash a kid and how Cilan keeps saying food compliments. -_- And Pikachu LOSES TO MUCH too, and he's like level 100. Seriously, the Unova series i wish were better. :P

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Johto.

Even when I was young and Pokemon obsessed, I stopped watching it for a couple of years while Johto was airing. It was boring to me, or something.. I'm not entirely sure, I just didn't wanna watch it. It took the series changing entirely to Pokemon Advanced for me to pick it back up. xD; I did catch the very end of Johto, and it was good enough, but eh.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
  • Slightly confused on what the question is... what's the worst series or what's the worst dubbed series?

The worst dub-wise has got to be Kanto Battle Frontier. First season I watched with the new voices (let's not forget the mirage special) and I hated them. Terrible.

Back