• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokémon Game you've ever played?

What was the worst Pokémon Game you've ever played?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
Years
  • Sinnoh sucked. Hoenn was okay, but Johto and Kanto were epic.

I really wasn't expecting much from HG/SS after my Pearl experience, so it was surprising. Mind you, Johto is my favourite generation.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhhh...Diamond.

Slow.Piece.Of.Crap.

Platinum's slightly better, but still I only really like are (in this order):

SoulSilver
    LeafGreen
    Emerald (my first game, but I cba to play right through, especially now I can get the legends on other games, and most of my favourite Hoenn pokemon (Still trying to figure out how to get a Trapinch, and a reliable source for Bagons).
    Ranger-only spin-off I own, and I hate how only Manaphy was transferrable (I think you should just have to re-enter the code and defeat the whole game).

Sobriquet

Show me the way...
    Years
  • I'm gonna go with Diamond. I was on hiatus after R/S and came back starting with Diamond. I liked the graphics more though, even if the story (and the pokemon) sucked.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love all the main games, actually. I hate PBR and Ranger, though. You left out spin offs. ):

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    th eonly one i've ever played that i didn't like was yellow. the way pikachu was constantly coming up on the screen to tell me how he felt was a little strange. But i agree that R/S/E were bad. I hated the regions and the way the pokemon looked. plus, the coloring of the game was kind of hard to look at. :p

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Sorry to say this but it was Blue version for me. I took a step back in time from the 3rd generation to the 1st generation. Thay why I also think FR/LG are better than RB

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    i wasnt too fond of yellow, only advantage it had over red+blue is that all 3 starters were available.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    You should add Pokemon battle revolution, it's the worst game I've ever played!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    So much Sinnoh hate.....I liked it.
    I hated Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, since I thought the gameplay felt.....listless, and I hated the Hoenn region. It just didn't feel like Pokemon to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Yellow was the worst, being stuck with a weak, good-for-nothing starter that couldn't even evolve unless you traded it to another game... (and you can't use the Light Ball argument because it didn't exist in 1st gen and it doesn't help out dismal defenses or Pikachu's fugly face either).

Sapphire was second worst, with Emerald being a bit better. I can't put my finger on it but there was something about Hoenn that was just... dull and bland.

I've never played the spin-offs, though I would imagine PMD would top the list of my most hated games if I were ever fooled into playing it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    R/S/E made me vomit. i didnt even get past the pokemon league before i quit. sorry but i just hated it. most of those new hoen pokemon didnt evevn seem like pokemon.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Tied between Coliseum and Battle Revolution.

Years
  • I can't agree with most people here saying Hoenn Pokémon wouldn't look very good. There are many Pokémon from Sinnoh which look like some 3 year old kid drew them! :(

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Well, all of them were good, but the one that didn't really give me the "pokemon feeling" was Diamond....It just felt too different, and I wanted to feel the same as I did when I first played silver...ah, I can't wait to get SS!!! =D

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Yellow. Kanto is bland (Although not as poorly designed as Johto), the pokemon were all stupid and uncreative (Looking at you, Gastly, Haunter, Krabby, Seel, Koffing, Magnamite and Magnaton, ect.), most of them were balls or snakes, and the added features of Yellow all made it WORSE than RBY (Except, some would argue, the ability to get all the starters, but that's just Nintendo giving a reason to buy the game)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back