• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Shiny Pokémon?

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    There are lots of cool-looking shiny Pokémon out there that are definitely worth the grind.

But there are also shiny Pokémon out there that make you think, "Wow, really? Is there even a difference?"

Have you encountered a pointless/ugly shiny? Or are there particular shiny Pokémon out there that are, in your opinion, distasteful?

Go!

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
    I think PLUSLE has a terrible shiny and is the worst I can think of.

Let's look at Minun:

Minun: Blue

S. Minun: Green, nice.

Now to Plusle:

Plusle: Red

S. Plusle: Lighter shade of red.... And why does Nintendo like Plusle so much again?

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I think everyone can agree that Garchomp is the worst shiny due to lack of difference in colours unless it is mega evolved.

Has anyone else noticed that some of the shiny sprites in Gen 6 look dull compared to previous games? Here's an example:
    Worst Shiny Pokémon?
    Worst Shiny Pokémon?

Years
    The worst shiny designs for me are the full green ones, specifically Espeon and the green gummy bear that is Ursaring. For one, neither of these designs make sense in terms of lore and just plain rub me the wrong way.

Years
    Has anyone else noticed that some of the shiny sprites in Gen 6 look dull compared to previous games? Here's an example:
    Worst Shiny Pokémon?
    Worst Shiny Pokémon?

I know how much the 6th Gen models were not-so-colourful as the sprites from previous games, so same could be said for some shinies. Like, I love shiny Miltank and I have one in X but I just hate the way her shiny is coloured in 6th Gen, because I liked the teal-ish blue in previous games but in this gen she reminds me of blueberries.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The worst shinies for me are the ones that don't look too different from the normal, main one for me would go to Persian, very hard to notice the shiny difference
    Also what Midnight Shadow mentioned:
    The worst shiny designs for me are the full green ones, specifically Espeon and the green gummy bear that is Ursaring. For one, neither of these designs make sense in terms of lore and just plain rub me the wrong way.

Years
    The worst shinies for me are the ones that don't look too different from the normal, main one for me would go to Persian, very hard to notice the shiny difference
    Also what Midnight Shadow mentioned:

Sometimes small changes work really well like Umbeon's shiny, but I know what you mean about some others that hardly change at all.

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023

Ahaha right? The luminous green just doesn't look good on any Pokémon; a little too unrealistic-looking if you ask me.

Years
    I actually don't mind most green shinies, but to me the worst ones will always be those with colouring that looks barely any different from the original.

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    For instance, if I had my volume down and I looked away for a brief second, I would never tell the difference between a shiny and non-shiny Flabébé. The difference is so minute! At least it begins to look better through its evolutionary stages.

Years

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    Shiny Lucario. It's cool, but I don't think that just doing a colour swap blue-gold makes the shiny better than the normal in any way.

Fighting Master Maylene

Master Fighter
    Years
    One word, Garchomp. It is only slightly lighter but not much else. It sucks as a shiny. The only good thing about it is when it mega evolves but in my opinion it's not worth it. Shiny Garchomp is only good for a completionist who wants every shiny Pokemon.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    The Shinies that I don't like are the puke green ones. You all know those. The ones that you look at and think "Ugh! Who thought this ugly thing was a good idea!?"

But I'm not sure whether those Shinies are worse or the barely different ones are. Would you rather have a Shiny that barely looks Shiny? Or would you want a Shiny that looks different but looks hideous?

I honestly don't know which I hate more.

Mecha-Scrafty

Gastrodon shall rule us all.
    Years
    Scrafty, Espeon, Groudon, Heracross, Regigigas and all the ones that bright iin the dark due to their Yellow, green or pink. Why they could all have been epic! T^T

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    All of the pink Pokémon that become blue and all of the blue Pokémon that become pink.

The only "clever" instance of this is the Nidorino and Nidorina families swapping their color schemes, but considering they're just following same pattern that all blue and pink Pokémon follow, it's probably a mere coincidence.

Years
    The Shinies that I don't like are the puke green ones. You all know those. The ones that you look at and think "Ugh! Who thought this ugly thing was a good idea!?"

The thing to know with green shinies is the shade used is what makes me determine if the shiny is good or not. I can take bright green, like with Marill, Taillow line and Treecko line (even I don't find Ursaring's shiny that bad), but not an ugly green like on Kingler.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    The thing to know with green shinies is the shade used is what makes me determine if the shiny is good or not. I can take bright green, like with Marill, Taillow line and Treecko line (even I don't find Ursaring's shiny that bad), but not an ugly green like on Kingler.

Oh yeah the shade of green is definitely important. Not just green, but any other color too. Which shade works depends on who you ask. Some people like the bright pink shinies and others say they hate it more than anything.

Back