• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst ways to die...

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I'm sure that this type of discussion would not be suited for the faint-hearted...

Anyhow, I'm a big fan of the TV series "1,000 Ways to Die" which is something that shows the methods of deaths that people can have, & how these deaths came to be. In some of those, I wouldn't want to depart the world via these said methods.

One of these such scenarios would be of a young pair that finally got into a round of sex after many times trying to, only to end up being dead from both of their hearts giving out on them because they couldn't handle the stress that sex brings along. Now, on paper, that might not sound like much, but from a psychological standpoint, it's a huge tragedy, as the said pair are just taking steps into a more intimate relationship, only to have death take everything away from them. I almost cried for them because of that...

Other ways could include being torn apart by a piece of (heavy) machinery, being crushed by stray vehicles, among some other things.

So, I'd like to ask you, what is the worst way that a person could die? Please be creative, if at all possible.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I'd say drowning in some sort of flammable substance, that is lit on fire, while floating on the top, to be sure to get the brunt of the flames. At the same time a laser will cut you in half starting at your crotch, a nail will be pounded into each of your toes and fingers, while having gallons of Resiniferatoxin poured onto your body, and being dipped in liquid nitrogen. In space.

Yeah.

But seriously, I think falling in boiling water or lava something like that. I mean, with fire you can at least get away from it somewhat, but if you're completely immersed in liquid, there's nothing you can do to get away from the pain.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have a fear of car trunks because I'm afraid of being shoved in there forever and dying. So that's one way I'd hate to go out. Thanks for the new fear, Casey Anthony.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Haha holy crap this is a sadistic thread. I'd say... being in a pool whose entire surface has been set on fire by gasoline. You'd drown looking for a place with an air bubble, so I just kind of think that's the most desperate, saddest way to go.

But then again that is MURDER.

I once read a manga where the main character confessed his feelings for someone who was already dating someone else, and the morning after confessing to the other person(the other person was going to tell the guy that they accepted him later that day), he was stabbed but some psychotic murderer dude. I think that's the saddest way to go, honestly. Confessing your feelings for someone who you don't think will accept them, and getting killed before you get an answer. So sad, I cried buckets.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    People say that drowning is the most peaceful way to go, but I see it as the complete opposite. I understand why people would say it's peaceful (after you stop struggling), but it's the struggling that gets to me. All the fear, the horrific realization you're going to die, the waste of energy... I'd rather just get shot in the head and die instantly.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Being eaten would really suck. Like if a bear or something mauled you and it decided to chew on your carcass until it realized it doesn't like the taste of people, so it spits you out. Your bones would be all mangled, your body in a mess. That's just nasty. I'd hate to die that way.

This kind of reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer, except he did a lot worse...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    The idea of any type of asphyxiation really really gets to me. The panic that your body goes through when you can't breathe must be just terrible. I can't imagine anything more horrible than that...

...except maybe having every part of your body cut off one by one, starting with fingers and toes and leading up to bigger things.
    ...or being put through electro-shock torture with tape over your mouth, having the searing, indescribable pain course through your body like it's on fire only to have your heart give out.
    ...or dying from complications on a surgical table where the anaesthetic the doctors gave you was in fact instead a paralytic and you could feel everything but could do nothing to stop it because you're unable to move or speak

I could go on, but I'm making myself squirm too much lol

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
    I don't want to die with any regrets by finishing all the work that I have planned to do with my life. I don't want to die of any serious ailments or diseases or a sudden heart attack. I wanna die of old age when my time is over that also happily. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    That one 1000 ways to die when the guy fell in a vat of hydrochloric acid....that sounds pretty horrifying.

Ever notice that on that show, they make the people who die seem like complete pervs or jerks so you won't get too upset about the death?

Anyways, the absolute worst way to die would be a suicide. Dying thinking that no one cares about you and you are all alone, and that the world would be better off without you...no pain is greater than that.

Of course, you'd have to be there to truly know.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I don't like the word '' DIE '' It's something that's very unpleasant to hear.. :'x .I think the worst way to die is by getting burned. You wouldn't die very quickly, pass out with most other types of death like drowning or a car accident.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Drowning, burning to death, dragged by a car and dies of blood loss, buried alive, cut to death, hit to death, starved to death, shot, freezing to death, falling off a cliff, choking on something and dies, falling off stairs, skinned alive and dies, snake/some other venomous bites that kills, acid, being bitten to death... zomgsh this list never ends o.o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This thread, oh God, is scary. Especially the first post, wtfff. :(

Pretty sure it'd be being unable to breathe in any situation as mentioned. :x OR dying when giving birth, that'd be terrible, emotionally and physically (for everyone else and you, knowing that after you give birth you'll die, or if you don't the baby doesn't, idk how it works either way).

Whyyyy so long Touko ;;

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    So many....All because of murder.......
    You can get shot anywhere...from hostage from buses from war from exposion AND from accidents
    burning is scary too brrrrr (eww. dead skin from burning is scary)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I could go on, but I'm making myself squirm too much lol

This thread, oh God, is scary. Especially the first post, wtfff. :(

I wasn't lying when I told all of you that this isn't for the faint-hearted, was I? Had I known that this would scare people, I would've posted it on Halloween.

Ever notice that on that show, they make the people who die seem like complete pervs or jerks so you won't get too upset about the death?

Anyways, the absolute worst way to die would be a suicide. Dying thinking that no one cares about you and you are all alone, and that the world would be better off without you...no pain is greater than that.

Of course, you'd have to be there to truly know.

Yes, most of the people on that show are some kind of criminal, low-life, or otherwise someone who society doesn't look at too kindly.

As for suicide, that is definitely up there, no doubt about that. But I'd like you to know that those people would have to do everything to go against their instincts in order to actually do the deed. Otherwise, their instincts will stop their efforts dead in their tracks.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Any ways of dieing are worst ways to die imo. I mean, you're leaving everything behind, every loved one, every enemies. What would happen to them now?

If I would die, I want to die as if nothing happened.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Being buried alive seems like the least painful on the surface, but it's such a slow-burn both physically and psychologically. The process is elongated over a long time, allowing you to really consider your own mortality before it ends up ineviably happening. Other, speedier, ways might be more immediately painful, but they're presumably over, and you don't think much about them. Being buried alive, on the other hand, leaves you nothing to do BUT think about it, which is kinda horrible.

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
    In my opinion, the worst way to die would either have to be drowning, burning or suffocating/strangulation. I imagine it would be pretty awful having to feel yourself die, and all you can do is wait.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Torture and rape. Slowly. Stuff like jamming knives under fingernails while breaking your bones one by one with a sledgehammer, burning your skin and eyelids, cutting off your tongue, stuff like that yeah.. meanwhile being raped? Damn.. hell yeah dying from bloodloss from all of that and malnutrition/ dehydration would be pretty terrible.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Anything where you're in severe pain before you die. I'd rather mine be quick and painless, not long and torturous. And actually, I'd rather not die of natural causes. You're sometimes sick for a long time beforehand with your body in constant pain, and dying that way is like admitting defeat to nature, which my pride (even in death) cannot accept.

Back