• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would Yar Want the responsability of being a Mod?

Hmmmmmmmm...

• Yes

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    LittleFascistPanties16 said:
    Nope! Even with a crappy bike I could beat you in a race!

And if you didn't get the analogy(I know sometimes you can be kinda... slow XD), it means I could STILL beat you if I was just a mod!
    Uh... Sure you could make a better staff member then me Brittany. XD

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Uhm....are you guys practicing or something? I never leave a message when I close or move topics, I just...simply lock it. The person can figure out what's wrong with it by themselves.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Zapchu said:
    Uhm....are you guys practicing or something? I never leave a message when I close or move topics, I just...simply lock it. The person can figure out what's wrong with it by themselves.
    Just having a little bit of fun. And some of the staff usually leaves a message, like Satoshi-kun, and Kairi

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 15, 2005
    Arcanine said:
    Bashers? Nah I don't deal with them because of two reasons. 1: You won't find many members that would bash staff. 2: I would give them a warning and if they still did it then I would just ban them and get it over with.
    What if they bash you on another forum?

Ninja Retsu

P u r e
    Years
    Purin said:
    Being a moderator is cool especially if you have been here on the forums long enough to love it.
    I would like to, but I'm probably not as active as some Moderators here.
    Hmm... I think,you are one of an active members,Pudding. But,I am not an
    active member... Anyway,moderator is a lot of members' dream.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Blue Jasmine said:
    Anyway,moderator is a lot of members' dream.
    Probably, but if everyone gets their wish granted, we will have too many moderators on this forums. Sometimes, one has to give up his/her own dreams for the sake of others.
    But I'm happy that I have learn a lot from joining this forums. It also helps me to destress too.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    When I was first modded, I didn't have any mod experience (my own forums, being very relaxed, didn't count) and I didn't expect it to be as hard as it is. I think it's very fun and enjoyable, and I love doing it now, but the truth is that I didn't expect to be modded and I was really surprised when I was asked to be one. The responsibility? It's more than you think. It's hard to fit PC in around everything else, like school and stuff. Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. Or not, as the case may be on PC anyway XD.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 15, 2005
    Jedi_Amara said:
    When I was first modded, I didn't have any mod experience (my own forums, being very relaxed, didn't count). I didn't expect to be modded and I was really surprised when I was asked to be one.
    Same thing happened to me. When I was asked to be modded I thought it was a joke. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I just go "*closes*" or "*moves*" when I do things so people know it was me who did the work. XD

Meh, sometimes I wish I weren't a mod. =\ I went through this long period earlier in the year or something when I was seriously thinking of asking to be demodded since I didn't feel helpful at all. @_@; Everyone aspires to hold the position, but once you're in it, you realize it's not all glory - there is actual work to be done. But with me, even though I wanted to do work, my mom has these retarded computer limits set for me, so everyone would get to stuff before me and I'd do... nothing, it seemed. And the feeling of being useless is one of the worst. =o So that really sucked. But... right now I wouldn't give it up. ^_^;; I like doing what I do and for me, it's just a nice learning experience~

Plus, my name is my favourite colour. <3 <3 <3

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 15, 2005
    Lightning said:
    I just go "*closes*" or "*moves*" when I do things so people know it was me who did the work.
    Some people don't like that though. They consider it as the mods spamming because their posts are so short so they get annoyed. So when I close or move a thread I explain why and add "*closes*" or "*moves*".

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I have no idea if I would like the responsibility of Modmenship. One great thing that I can think of is that since the higher ranking people somewhat elect you for that position, that means that there are people who think highly of you and feel that you can handle it. Being appreciated is a wonderful feeling.

Umm...isn't thread like a vaild reason for people to say "i want 2 b a mod" or asking how to become one? O_o

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    That one in Q&F kinda dipped into that. Yeah, it could be taken that way but some people are honest about how they feel about the responsibility. The real ones we'd mod wouldn't beg here anyways. XD

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 15, 2005
    Some people here do seem to asking to be a mod but some are just discussing what it's like being one or how they think it would be like if they were one. Actually, I didn't even know this thread was just about being a mod here and I've been talking about just being a mod in general since I know what it's like because I'm a mod at another forum.

Back