• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you eat someone to save yourself?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Okay imagine this situation. You are trapped in a snowed in house with no food or boulders have trapped you in a cave, You were with someone but they have since died of starvation or something else. And the only way to save yourself from death it to eat their body. Could you ever eat another human being to save your life?

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Oh man. This is weird. It depends if I actually knew them well. I would probably cook them and eat them and then I would suffer from Post traumatic stress disorder (or what ever it's called) I would obviously feel horrible.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    ...is there condiments?

...haha, that was just my sick humor at work.
    That is a really tough question, but probably not. I mean, I'd rather eat myself than the body. Or the snow. Or whatever is in the house.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    My answer is simple, i would not eat any other person to save myself, it goes against what i believe in, i would refer die myself instead of eating someone else.

Years
    No.

If I'm trapped in snow that means I have water. People can survive a long time without food if they have water. If by the time I'm about to die from starvation no one has rescued me then I'm probably not getting rescued.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    If I'm trapped in snow that means I have water. People can survive a long time without food if they have water. If by the time I'm about to die from starvation no one has rescued me then I'm probably not getting rescued.

This is an excellent point. I actually came here to say "yes, I would" given a bunch of circumstances were met, but Scarf has changed my mind. If starvation has had enough time to set in, noone is coming for you.

I just hope whoever is stuck with me in this snow storm also says no...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    No.

Wow, hypothetical situations just aren't your thing are they.

As for me I don't think I could. If I tried I'd probably vomit it out instantly anyway.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    It's cannibalism and scavenging at the same time. Which I'm never inclined to do so. I would rather die than eat a body who has undergone rigor mortis.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    No, it's not because of the 'grossnes' factor, it's because, tbh, I don't really value my life very highly.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Absolutely not. I have trouble eating meat without feeling a terrible sense of guilt and disgust in myself (I was a vegetarian until my dad made threats against me to get out of the house, since supporting my uphold in my diet was hard for him to do, though once I can fully support myself, I will be going back to being a vegetarian) so I would in no way take that a step further into cannibalism.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I wouldn't. It's just really gross. And as Scarf has already mentioned, people can survive for a long time if they have water. So, water would be my only option in such a situation. Cannibalism isn't my thing.

Years
    The Chinese believe in 'death to dishonour'. And I agree with that proverb. It's just undignified to eat another human body, dead or alive. And I would totally NOT stooped to such a low level like that of an animal. It's just disgusting really, the idea of cannibalism. Imagine eating and munching on those organs...it's just...eeww... >.<

I rather commit suicide than be a cannibal or starve. :>

Years
    I guess i would probably turn it down, i mean if i did get out afterwards i would probably be imprisoned for cannibalism.

Ayselipera

Yeah, I'd probably eat them if I was truly starving. When put in a situation of life or death I could see myself doing anything to survive. I know if I was the one to die first I wouldn't care if the remaining person decided to eat me. I rather one of us makes it out alive than neither of us.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    No. I don't see it as a right thing to do and it's like killing someone else, just for survival. Plus, I think if I ate another human being that would be repulsive.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I don't care whose body it is, I wouldn't eat them. I'd rather die than be a freak and eat a human body.

Back