• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever date a bisexual person?

Would you ever date a bisexual person?

• Yes

Votes: 57 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Aurora2698

Unofficial Semicolon Queen
Years
  • Being bisexual myself...

As long as they're faithful (which you would assume if you were dating a straight person too) I really don't see how dating a bisexual person (assuming you're straight) of the opposite sex is much different to any straight person you may have feelings for... if a straight person kindled some sort of fire with me I wouldn't attempt polyamory or anything like that; I'd remain wholly faithful to them as anyone in a normal, functioning relationship would do.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Part of me really doesn't like the premise of this thread, but since it's still around.

Of course. A person is a person. But what Insomniac said is true. I've run into people who think that being bi is 'cool', or at least I have. That gives bisexuality, and lgbt in general a bad rep.

Still, if they love me as a person, what should it matter if they look at some stranger twice?

Years
  • Well, since this thread won't go away and I haven't posted in it yet, YES. I would date a bi person.

It just depends though. I wouldn't want them getting a crush on a man and leaving me for it (which only some bi people do). usually bi people get a bad reputation for that because a lot of younger kids lie about their sexuality because being bi is "cool" now. :(

I never understood people who do that. Being bi has so many downsides, such as people not believing that you're REALLY bi, people trying to tell you what your REAL sexuality is, the stereotypes, and basically being an invisible minority that is consistently erased from the media. There is an awful lot of biphobia in the LGBT community.

Years
  • I don't see the problem with dating a bi-sexual person. The only thing that might trouble me is the the fact that they might want a third person in the relationship.

Frozthax

Youtube partner
    Years
  • I read this topic and I'm supprised how many people here are bi.
    I'm straight and I will keep it that way o.o...
    Respect for the others still though, nothing against it..xD

lazybones1122

Dovahkiin
    Years
  • Yep.

Is it bad that I would like to know if they were bi beforehand? Just so that I like knew, you know. It feels sort of rude on my end because they aren't obligated to tell me their sexual preference, but if I ever saw them cheating on me with the opposite sex I'd be really... betrayed, even more so than just cheating because I would have assumed that they only liked men or something. idk it sounds stupid and selfish (because it is) but

I don't think it's bad to ask beforehand, it's a perfectly fine question to ask. Imo I think it's good to know your partner's sexuality, I recently found out that I was bisexual and the first thing I did was tell my girlfriend. I guess that viewing it as bad all depends on who the person it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well, since this thread won't go away and I haven't posted in it yet, YES. I would date a bi person.

It just depends though. I wouldn't want them getting a crush on a man and leaving me for it (which only some bi people do).

Is this any different from having a straight boyfriend who gets a crush on another woman and leaves you?

Years
  • My first boyfriend was bisexual, and I didn't have any negative experiences with that. We were pretty open as a couple and would point out guys (and girls in his case) we see in town that we find attractive. Ultimately we were loyal to only each other, and he never did or say anything to make me feel like he wasn't. A person's sexuality is really only a part of them and doesn't ultimately define them as a person or a partner. At least, it doesn't in my mind. That being said, yes, I would date a bisexual again.

Years
  • I'm glad most people on here seem to be open-minded and don't care about a partner's sexual orientation that much.

I'm bisexual myself and in a beautiful relationship. I realized my sexual orientation about 1 year ago when I was already in this relationship and my boyfriend has been very comforting and supporting.

As a bisexual, I can assure you that being bisexual doesn't mean that you need both a man and a woman. We're not attracted to everyone we see either. On top of that, feeling attracted to someone and actually acting on the attraction are 2 totally different matters. I might be in a relationship but I still find certain people attractive. The point is that you don't go act on it like flirt, cheat etc. etc. And bisexuals are not more likely to cheat than people with other sexual orientations.

And yes, I would date a bisexual person. But I'm glad that I'm in a relationship and don't need to date anyone (; I'm glad the way things are now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I would date a bisexual persons. My parents and some of my friends would probably ostracize me if they found out, but I would still date one. The only problem would be if they cheated on me or were dating another person at the same time then things wouldn't work out. I personally think that it would be interesting to date a bisexual person.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I am NOT opposed to it, but the thought of dating someone that's also thinking about the opposite gender is really awkward.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • As long as he is showing genuine interest in me, and wants to get to know me (as in, he's not just in the relationship for sexual reasons), then I don't see the problem with it.

Years
  • @No2h
    I think, your worries about your (possible) girlfriend leaving you for a girl are absolutely unjustified. Your fear that she might leave you for a girl is just the same thing as the fear that a straight girl leaves you for another guy. If she really loves you, she will stay with you. Of course, everybody has fantasies. She might have fantasies about girls at one time or another but actually, fantasies (that do not always revolve around the partner) are healthy for a relationship. If she left you for a girl, she must have felt that the relationship was not the right thing for her. But that could happen with a straight girl leaving you for a guy as well. I don't think that anybody would break up just because they were going through a phase where they liked the other sex over that of the partner. There must be other issues for someone to quit the relationship as well. Well, that's what I think at least.

Back