• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you get the G/S remake?

Sola84

I'm just a ray of sunshine
Years
  • I'll probebly get SoulSilver.
    And i will try to Force my Brother to get HeartGold xD

Ditto, although I'll probably get HeartGold and him SoulSilver. We started with Red and Blue and when I heard they were releasing more pokemon I thought it was going to be rubbish and be a rip off of the first game but I really enjoyed playing Gold, but I can't remember if it was my copy or my friends lol if it were mine, I've probably still got it somewhere.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • They are my favourite Pokémon games after all, so I'll get them right away.

And maybe I'll get back into the pokémon world.
    You never really leave, though. :D

I'll definitely get them. No reason for me not to.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'll definitely get the remake of Silver, as that was the one I got first when they came out for the Gameboy Colour. Might get Gold if I can afford it, but I probably won't. Another reason for getting Silver is that the main reason I got my DS back in '05 was because I figured there'd be a remake of the second generation games at some stage. And then nostalgia is also pulling me towards it.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • I am going to buy it as soon as they hit the shelves. Gold silver and Crystal were my favorite games. I mean the three starters were the best BY FAR. I mean the whole 16 gym leaders and Ash being the most BA person in the game. I plan on buying them both because I just loved the storyline and your character was really cool......I think that nintendo will probably keep the whole double legendarys in the game because....well its just Gold and silver....it wouldnt be the same without them....

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
  • I'm going to wait until there are more details on the games but I'm definitely getting at one, probably both. If it ends up being the nostalgia factor alone, then I will be getting SoulSilver because Silver was the first game I beat the Elite Four on. Gold has some good memories too though.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Heck, I'd trade in my Diamond for Soul Silver if it's anything like the original 2nd Gen. Although 1st Gen was when I started Pokemon, the 2nd Gen is when I became addicted (if it wasn't for Crystal's awesomeness, I might not be here).

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • There is one deal-breaker that comes with the G/S Remakes for me... and that is if they don't have Kanto as a place you can travel to. Though I'll definitely be getting HeartGold, if Kanto isn't in it, I might just stick with that and/or wait until it is released in the UK. You chop Kanto off of Johto, you break G/S, in my opinion. Particularly since the Pokemon League is in the exact same place as it was in Kanto.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Definitely! :D I have been waiting for years for them to remake Gold/Silver, and as soon as I found out, I was ecstatic (sp?). I am definitely going to get Soul Silver, because I prefer the Pokemon and want Lugia (as they might not make it available in Heart Gold), prefer the colour silver and I got Silver when I was younger. :)

hvsep

Pimpster.
    Years
  • This seriously just made my day.

Thank you Game Freak, thank you.

Still sucky for not making it one release. They're making us choose. Ho-Oh or Lugia.

I'm kinda leaning toward Ho Oh but I don't know. :\

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The majority of the people who are going to say yes is a whole bunch. I am one of them. I am going to get the remake because I liked the Johto ever since I discovered it in Silver.

Back