• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like that Misty returns to main cast?

Would you like that Misty returns to main cast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I see,thanks for explanation.Though after reading that it bothers me abit how girls are being viewed in this show being replaced for rather pathetical reasons to be honest.

It is kind of sad, isn't it? Well, Dento already has an army of fangirls. Maybe they're trying to give female viewers some new eye candy as well. :O

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    As a Misty Fan boy for life I would have to say yes I would love to have Misty return to the major cast, But then as a realist i find it very unlikely. For the simple reason that if misty left the gym it would ultimately close down because her sisters would not battle trainers and just give them badges.

But i did have a theory when i was like 11 after Misty left Ash that her Sister Daisy would meet a water trainer who becomes her boyfriend who could take over the gym leaving misty free to continue her travels with Ash but

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What difference would it make if Misty returned to the permanent cast? New kids would oppose her and her fans would probably not be as willing to watch Pokemon again. In my opinion, Misty's return would be simply ridiculous. The only advantage would be DancingLudicoloShipping (A name I just made up for Cilan x Misty :X *runs*)

But otherwise... No. Final Answer.

That's because the crew in charge of the anime thought that the series needed to new "eye candy". Considering the fact that Pokemon's fanbase is mostly male (If only by a smidge) and that the anime's crew is also mostly male you can't be so surprised that the girl left.

What's so Eyecandy about Iris? Hint: It's not the barely-3-cm2 rip on her shirt.

... then again, this can be someday averted with a water scene.

I swear I'm gonna die for a few weeks the day Iris's time has run out.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Why isn't there a I don't care option? I seriously don't care for Misty any longer and find it pointless the way we keep digging the grave for this topic.

The 'I don't care' option is simply the act keeping of your ignorant slacking tomatoarse off this thread. The discussion is not pointless and it exercises possibilities with present conditions of the anime.

Years
    The 'I don't care' option is simply the act keeping of your ignorant slacking tomatoarse off this thread. The discussion is not pointless and it exercises possibilities with present conditions of the anime.
    Uggghhh.. I misread the poll. I should do something about my habit of misreading stuff. ._.

I simply meant that I wouldn't care for Misty anymore. There is a pretty low chance that she'd come back anyway. The anime has always been advertising the games in some way or the other, and I don't think the trend will change any soon. We should simply forget the past and move on. :p

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018

It is kind of sad, isn't it? Well, Dento already has an army of fangirls. Maybe they're trying to give female viewers some new eye candy as well. :O

Haha haven't thought about it before but introduction of Dento really did caught interest among girls serving like magnet.He became popular quickly.

What difference would it make if Misty returned to the permanent cast? New kids would oppose her and her fans would probably not be as willing to watch Pokemon again.

From what i noticed on internet and certain petitions it seems there are still lot of people who would like to have her back.

Purpose could be to develop her more,tie up some unresolved things and maybe serve as twist changing formula abit "shrugs".

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Yes. Misty should return. I have high hopes. I don't want to see Dawn ever again. I want Misty to come back forever in the next generation.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    About the girls not being there for "eyecandy", whoever said that is wrong. To quote this:
    So then I said, "Why can't you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl." His following answers made me laugh my head off I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while.

Yeah that's all.

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    omg please bring back misty please... I want my beautiful redhead back in the spot light

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    Well, I prefer Misty than Iris. But I guess it wouldn't happen since she has Gym Leader duties, but wouldn't that be cool if she would have a cameo (again) battling Ash?

Livy

Ya skerrrd?
    Years
    I would love to have Misty back anyday, but she does have to fulfill her duties as a gym leader. I think more guest appearances of Misty would be great.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    In a way I kind of want her back, because I did love her :( But I doubt it's ever going to happen.

But like others have said, I think I'd prefer having May back over Misty anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    One of ideas which occured to me which would allow Misty to be free to leave gym and travell could be in maybe new plot being created of one of her unown relatives coming and taking over gym.
    Maybe her parents being introduced would be cool learning something about her past or her sisters could take over gym again making them more responsible.After watching som of chronicles i noticed how Daisy does spend more time with Misty at gym than others.

That way substitute could be finded with Misty leaving gym to catch new pokemon and learn some new things .Seeing her participating in some tournaments would be interesting to see in my opinion training before that.

Last edited:

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    One of ideas which occured to me which would allow Misty to be free to leave gym and travell could be in maybe new plot being created of one of her unown relatives coming and taking over gym.
    Maybe her parents being introduced would be cool learning something about her past or her sisters could take over gym again making them more responsible.After watching som of chronicles i noticed how Daisy does spend more time with Misty at gym than others.

That way substitute could be finded with Misty leaving gym to catch new pokemon and learn some new things .Seeing her participating in some tournaments would be interesting to see in my opinion training before that.

I would love to find out more about lil miss sexy water goddes pokemon lady... +1 for your idea !

Back