• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    My WTF moment is when my bro was playing my dsi and I let him play platinum. Well when he saw a really cool pokemon..(he thought it was cool, rattata) he tried to catchit and failed then he snapped my ds in half....

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • My WTF moment is when my bro was playing my dsi and I let him play platinum. Well when he saw a really cool pokemon..(he thought it was cool, rattata) he tried to catchit and failed then he snapped my ds in half....

Okay two things.
    1. I know this is a little off topic but your brother must have anger issues...
    2. Your Platinum WTF moments should go in the thread located in the DPP section.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • Shiny Ralts appeared!
    Me: !!!
    Zigzagoon used tackle!
    Ralts used growl!
    Zigzagoon used tackle!
    Ralts used growl!
    WALLY used Pokéball!
    Me: ._.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • A favorite 'WTF' moment that I remember is when I played Ruby once, and the Aroma Lady Rose glitch happened. (The one where she sees you and climbs on top of the ledge) I recall literally exclaiming, 'W-What?! How? That's impossible!' this is madness!

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • On Emerald, my save file corrupted. It had my beloved level 70+ team trained by hand on it. I was 13, and I almost broke my DS in anger.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    Shiny Ralts appeared!
    Me: !!!
    Zigzagoon used tackle!
    Ralts used growl!
    Zigzagoon used tackle!
    Ralts used growl!
    WALLY used Pokéball!
    Me: ._.

Something happened exactly like that to me on Fire Red.
    The Man who shows you how to catch pokemon caught a Shiny Weedle.
    WTF

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • On Emerald, my save file corrupted. It had my beloved level 70+ team trained by hand on it. I was 13, and I almost broke my DS in anger.

A similar thing happened to me on Pokemon FireRed when I was 10/11.
    I had a Plusle level 100, a Charizard level 100, and a bunch of other really cool awesome Pokemon. Then on Easter, I got chocolate inside the game somehow and my save was corrupted :(
    I cried :'(

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Here's one.

Swampert used Surf. Aron evaded the attack.
    Swampert used Surf. Aron evaded the attack.
    Swampert used Blizzard. Aron evaded the attack.

And Aron had no evasion boosts. Swampert had no accuracy losses.

Qusic

Master Spark!
    Years
  • Awhile back while strolling through Meteor Falls, I saw a Lunatone with a blue eye. I was all, "Oh snap, he has a blue eye!" So I sent out a weaker Pokemon so it wouldn't one-hit K.O. him. Unfortunately, he mangaed to land a critical hit, and he fainted. I was so angry.

Luckily, the next day I ran into a shiny Zubat, and I managed to not kill it and catch it. :D

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I was watching my friend play Ruby, and she came across a shiny Taillow and when I told her to catch it, she said no and ran from the battle. I cried alittle inside.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Was trying to catch Mewtwo in a play through of FR. Took down it's HP to around 3/4 of max, threw 1 pokeball and caught it. Good times...

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    My first time playing Firered and on the way back to Pallet Town to deliver the Parcel for Oak I find a shiny Pidgey and of course no Poke Balls yet!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • A LONG time ago, I dropped my GBA SP into a (used) toilet with my Sapphire in it. The system went into a coma but I miraculously saved my Sapphire with my level 100 Blaziken in it, my most precious Pokemon I have. The GBA is dead, Sapphire eventually died, but My Blaziken "U.Flame" lives in my Pearl now! My WTF moment is just HOW did he survive being dropped into not only water, but USED water. Poor, lucky thing.

Years
  • I was playing Emerald earlier and I was facing Triathlete Maria's Doduo. I had my Azurill at the front of my team with little health, so then I went to switch it with Vulpix. It went:

"Azurill, return!"
    "Doduo used Pursuit!"
    "Azurill fainted"
    *Me... WHAT?!*
    "Go, Vulpix!"
    *Me... ???*

Another thing happened today battling in another rematch. I was against Pokémon Ranger Catherine, who sent out a Roselia that used: "Grasswhistle." It missed but I was still like WHOA!! cause I swear I've never seen that move before in my life lol :)

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I was playing Emerald earlier and I was facing Triathlete Maria's Doduo. I had my Azurill at the front of my team with little health, so then I went to switch it with Vulpix. It went:

"Azurill, return!"
    "Doduo used Pursuit!"
    "Azurill fainted"
    *Me... WHAT?!*
    "Go, Vulpix!"
    *Me... ???*

Pursuit is a Dark type move that when you switch out, it does 2X the damage than it normally would.

WTF moment, this man at the KungFu place in BF in Emerald KO'ed all my Pokemon 'cause my Swampert died and he got a Crit on my Blaziken.

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    i had one moon stone left and i used it on clefairy, i accidentally clicked B...

u couldn't have... when u use stones to evolve and press B nothing happens...

My Ruby game wouldn't load and I found out an ant crawled inside it and I killed it and it some how glitched and now i have 30 shinies.

I BET! you either cheated or you're lyin cos it's all about proggraming not about the cartridge!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pursuit is a Dark type move that when you switch out, it does 2X the damage than it normally would.

WTF moment, this man at the KungFu place in BF in Emerald KO'ed all my Pokemon 'cause my Swampert died and he got a Crit on my Blaziken.

OH lol!! That would explain it, thanks for letting me know :D

WTF moment - it was actually more of a cool moment, I was in a Pokémon Mart and bought about 20 (it was either Pokéballs or Revives I can't remember lol) and then the cashier was like: "I'll throw in a Premier Ball for good measure."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was soo cool, I checked my Bag afterwards and it was totally there :P

Back