• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WWIII (world war 3) is it going to happen and if it deos when sorry im very scaraed

do u think that thier will be an WWIII

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Eh, probably not.

The UN was created to avoid future world wars, and unless North Korea does something stupid, we probably won't.

America would probably not start another world war, because North Korea is basically the only enemy, and if we fight with Korea, we fight with China, which is suicide.

So I'm pretty sure there won't be a WW111, unless we piss off a major power like China, England, etc.

China isn't going to back up North Korea unless they aren't the aggressor (and even then, ending the world in nuclear winter because of an outlaw regime probably isn't going to happen).

As much as we would never go to war with England since they've been our ally for decades, a war with China would be devastating. Still, I tend to believe that if we never went to war with the Soviet Union, we're probably not going to go to war with a country who we aren't nearly as at odds with. A lot would have to change internationally, much like how a lot changed from 1934 to 1939 as World War II was about to break out.

But I don't think North Korea is enough to start a world war :< No one is going to end the world for one of the worst (possibly the worst) regime on the planet. A lot would have to go wrong for World War III, luckily.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Those people saying World War Three will not happen are deluding themselves. It WILL happen eventually. Maybe not in our time, maybe not in our childrens time, maybe tomorrow. Who knows, but we're human, and someone somewhere will do something that will erupt into WW3.

I will say I either hope it happens after I'm dead and gone, or while I'm still alive and still able to take part. Not that I would enjoy it, but if WW3 were to pop off, I rather be young enough to do something about it and help defend my country and not be some old man that is just watching the world burn while I wait to die.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I doubt it will happen any time soon, right now everything is being handled quite well. However it is inevitable, so yes, it will happen. I don't think it will in the next 30 years (ish) though.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I doubt it will happen any time soon, right now everything is being handled quite well. However it is inevitable, so yes, it will happen. I don't think it will in the next 30 years (ish) though.

I agree with you completely.

Also, nothing is going to happen in 2012 or on 12-21-2012, maybe a coincidental natural disaster at most. This is like Y2K v2, with even more hype.

apple.SHAMPOO said:
    Repeating: The Mayan Longcount Calender does NOT predict the end of days. It ends because all things that are finite must have a start and an end. Does their Calender start at the dawn of time? No. Why should it end at the end of time?

This text has been quoted for truth.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I watched something about 2012 weeks ago, and an ancient prophet said that there will be three violent blibs in the 20th-21st century. Theese are heavily speculated to be WWI, WWII and 2012 'WWIII'.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • Silly posters!

It won't be caused by aliens or anything else!

It will be caused when a super-retard named george gets elected president.

oh wait, that already happened.

No WWIII

we have had 3 presidents that I can think of named George, and obviously you shouldn't be talking because they were ALL smart enough to become president and I don't see you in the whitehouse.

In any case, hopefully we've learned from our mistakes and will be able stop another World War before it begins. And if there is a WWIII in my lifetime, I think I'll disapear into the Yukon to avoid the draft and hopefully any nuclear weapons brought into the equations.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I didn't mean having any conflict with the worlds majority is bad at all, but lots are smarter than you and also lots are smarter than most people, so they would be believable, did I put anything about science out there? I think not.
    No, but you actually used a logical fallacy, called ad populous.
    Claiming that something must be true because many people believe it.
    That's a shame that the fallacy holds no water, because you can just look back 2,000-3,000 years ago and see that almost everyone believed the earth was flat back then.

The Bible is a physical thing, and nobody would have been able to come up with this whole story, so yeah, there is physical proof.
    I doubt you would say the same thing about the Quran, which has even more pages than the bible.

Was doing a bit of looking around and it appears that the date 2012 is not in the Bible, read this for more information, the second part states that the date isn't in the Bible.
    The key in this is interpretation. What will you do if nothing happens during 2012? You will change your beliefs, and admit that your interpretation was wrong.

Oh and by the way, you can stop this if you want, because we are really going offtopic, as this thread is about WWIII and not 2012. =| (And I will keep going on. xD)
    They aren't the same, but they aren't exclusive either.
    This whole 2012 thing was based on Astrology, the very same one that tells you not to meet anyone when your favorite author is just down at the local library, if you are a Sagittarius of course.

Anywhodles, World War 3 is not out of the question, although it would be unlikely. The only countries that can do major harm is China and Russia. However, they are not ignorant of the fact that America can nuke them to oblivion. the other countries are just minor, because I'm sure we have a treaty with Britain.

Lastly, I don't remember the bible being written by Jesus. I'm pretty sure it was from his 12 apostles, but mostly by Paul.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I dont believe WW3 will happen. If it did happen it would be over in 1 hour because all they have to do is press the red button that fires all the nukes. lol

Years
  • It's unlikely.

WWII was caused because of some events of WWI. (While not all were I doubt that WWII would have happened if WWI hadn't) Obviously everything from WWII had been dead and buried and even if not it wouldn't start because of it now 60 years later. Obviously, there are other reasons why a third may start but if it did the probably UK/US/Many other allied countries would be too powerful for the threatning countries so they either wouldn't start it or it'd be over pretty quickly. Its pretty easy to move these days anyway so you could easily go to a peaceful country.

There are probably a few holes in my argument but I still conclude that WWIII is unlikely to happen in the near future.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    First, a world war implies that a large number of countries are involved in the war which, as was mentioned once before in this thread, requires alliances. At this moment in time, there are no alliances in existence that could challenge the United States and the countries that would back them in war.

I would start to get nervous if, say, the old USSR countries and, perhaps, the non eastern EU countries of Europe formed an alliance/agreement similar to the European Union. In that way they could attempt to make themselves independent of the rest of the world and then a war might be possible.

As things stand now, I believe a world war is impossible since, due to the global economy, most countries rely on each other for trade of some kind. For example: China, who a couple people have brought up as possible aggressors. Why would China go to war with the US? What could it possibly have to gain by backing North Korea? That one action would completely destroy its customer base. I seriously doubt any country in the world makes China more money than the US does.

North Korea has also been brought up as a possible threat. They have no allies. If there is a war involving North Korea I doubt it could be considered a 'World War'.

Russia is the last country I feel I need to address. First of all, it was the USSR that was involved in the cold war, not Russia alone, and when it was dissolved Russia lost some of its power. Unless something like the situation I mentioned above occurs I really don't think Russia would do anything to start a war.

Of course this is just my opinion and how I see the world. Things could change or I could be completely wrong, but I just don't see a World War happening anytime soon. (Wow this post got a lot longer than I thought it would...)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Afghanistan? They are in the middle of a civil war to kick the most radical Islamic pro-terrorists out of the country, are about to have democratic elections and basically are keeping the law thanks to the NATO (aka the US, the EU and their allies). Why in hell would they start a world war now?

Last edited:
    Back