• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

www.pokecommunity.mobi (beta)

Years
  • Hmmm, it doesn't work with the Nokia E71 and Opera Mini. I'll edit this with results from the Symbian browser.

Either way, I am in support of a mobile forum style, that scales down/disables avatars and signatures.

EDIT: The Symbian (Nokia Standard) browser is not compatible with the login form. Opera Mini does not support the post-login page. So you can attempt to log in, but it redirects to an error page.

For mobile users, I recommend using Opera Mini in Mobile mode, as it scales down pages and effectively does what this attemps to. I appreciate the effort, though Steve. :D

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • well this one does scale down.. but doesn't remove sigs and currently has issues with javascript stuffs.. its really just a stopgap thing until a true, proper mobile solution is done.

Years
  • well this one does scale down.. but doesn't remove sigs and currently has issues with javascript stuffs.. its really just a stopgap thing until a true, proper mobile solution is done.
    I realise that. Considering that Opera and other mobile browsers seem to cope perfectly with the normal versions, it makes sense to retain the same code and just make pages smaller. All I'm saying is that a PC-Lite theme could be more beneficial, as you're basically just cutting the pages visual and data size, which are the main limitations placed on mobile browers. Don't get me wrong, I see what you are trying to achieve, but sometimes the simplest option is the best.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Here's a screenshot from my iPod Touch, it doesn't work well with it.
    IMG_0001.png

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    It uses user agent sniffing, it won't work on a unknown mobile browser

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Wow. This should be great. So many times I've been out and wanted to check PC, now I can without taking 10 mins per oage :D

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I couldn't get it to work on my blackberry pearl. I got a message similar to Gerri Shin's post.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • GreenStorm: the number apparently changes. I just tried it again and got the same screen, but being on a different network, it gave me a number different than my previous number and the number you received.

For those who are accessing via an iPod touch, iPhone, or internet capable mobile device with a screen res of at least 250x480, you might be better off just accessing the main site.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Just checked it out via my iPhone. I like not having to scroll all the way over to the side to sign in, but other then that it seemed to cramped for my taste ]: I think it probably would have been a bit easier on the eyes if it didn't display the thread with the newest reply under each forum but idk, that's just me.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Steve, I'm in love with you! Finally a suggestion that I post turns into reality...well I'm not gonna get into it cause the whole celebrations forum thing pissed me off, but whatever...

Anyway, I'm just glad this is a reality...even it is a beta test.

Years
  • GreenStorm: the number apparently changes. I just tried it again and got the same screen, but being on a different network, it gave me a number different than my previous number and the number you received.

For those who are accessing via an iPod touch, iPhone, or internet capable mobile device with a screen res of at least 250x480, you might be better off just accessing the main site.

Oh, well you're right. For now, it'd be easier to use the Safari browser.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Alas, I don't own a phone that can access the Intarwebz (or do anything else remotely useful, for that matter). But this must be a pretty cool feature for those of you who do have it! x3

Back