• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X-Box 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I am going to get a game consol of my own soon. I have made my options down to 2. PS3 and Xbox 360. I am a fan of the 360, but I have heard great things about the PS3. Which one do you think I should get?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • well i have never played the ps3. but i own the 360 because there are more games for the 360 that i like. but there are some problems with that that some people have that you probably have heard of, the red light of death. but it depends on you, i would say pick the one that has the most games that you want/like.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • Do you have money for Xbox Live? Do you have internet gaming capabilities? I personally like the Xbox 360 more for online gaming and PS3 for its exclusives. I do play the Xbox a lot more than my PS3, due to online mostly.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    I have both. To me it all depends on what your friends have. (considering i mostly play online and like playing with friends) I play xbox alot and never ps3...but all my friends have xbox too so

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    inB4Wii

PS3, mainly because of it's exclusive games. Even though I don't plan on owning one. Wish I had the money. MGS and FFXIII are pretty good incentives in my world.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • XBOX 360
    Pros: Has more games than the PS3, has lots of features and always has game updates before any other console does for video games, has more storage space than the PS3.
    Cons: Has a large community but also a somewhat bad community, have to pay to play online(XBL Gold Membership), is less stable than the 360 because of RRoD and other problems, tends to have more video game glitches than any other console, can only watch regular DVD movies and not blu-ray ones, very noisy when in use, tends to be abused more for video game hacking than the PS3.
    Playstation 3
    Pros: Has a very good gaming community, is very stable and rarely has any problems, is free to play online, can browse the internet, can watch blu-ray movies, slightly higher graphics than the 360, much more silent than the 360, lots of great downloadable games from the PSN store.
    Cons: Has fewer good games than the 360, doesn't have an output headphone jack.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    We're just comparing apples and oranges.
    The 360 is for the more hardcore gamers(FPS controller), while the PS3 is for more casual gamers.
    The 360 works as a gaming console first and everything else second, while the PS3 has more non-game capabilities.
    They both have great downloadable games and exclusives and have their own advantages.
    At the end of the day, they're both home consoles that every non fanboy will love, so just be glad you didn't buy the wii.

EDIT:Oh right, my opinion. I would personally choose the PS3 because I like having a variety of games and am a nostalgia whoar for the PS2(not for slim) and PS1.
    But if you can pay 50 dollars a year and are a fan of first person shooters, get the 360. It has superior online play that only the most ignorant of Sony fanboys can ignore.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    I like the 360 better.
    PS3 is good but X-Box just has a wider variety of games in my opinion.
    But PS3 has better graphics and free online play :P

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I own both, yet have never touched my PS3 save to play old PS2 games (KH1&2).
    The X360 has superior online pay (at a cost, of course. literally) and is far better for FPS. Which is why I play it. I really only have my PS3 for the future hope of a KH3

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • I Don't really get why everyone says that FPS's are surperior on The X-box 360 the Whole Bumper and Trigger gets confusing during on screen on commands the ps3 has a more general control plus it is some what motion sensitive

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I Don't really get why everyone says that FPS's are surperior on The X-box 360 the Whole Bumper and Trigger gets confusing during on screen on commands the ps3 has a more general control plus it is some what motion sensitive

I've played FPS' on both consoles, and it just feels smoother to me on the X360. Also, the OL play for 360's FPS' is much better than anything the 3 has to offer.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • I've played FPS' on both consoles, and it just feels smoother to me on the X360. Also, the OL play for 360's FPS' is much better than anything the 3 has to offer.

I Will agree Online with 360 isn't as glitchy

But About smoother in my opinion the xbox's controller feels strange in my hand

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Well I would have to say PS3 due to a few reasons. Mainly -- RRoD. Also, free online is cool too. Better graphics, and better exclusives add to it.
    I do acknowledge that the 360 is a good console, however.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Gotta love that PS3. Wish I'd gotten one years ago.
    I dunno, gameplay just seems alot tighter on PS3.
    Not to mention that it doesn't sound like a tank when you're playing it.
    360 always felt like it was gonna crash on me, tbh.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've played FPS' on both consoles, and it just feels smoother to me on the X360. Also, the OL play for 360's FPS' is much better than anything the 3 has to offer.

Even though all the best FPS games are on both and run identically on both.

I'd say go for the PS3 for numerous reasons, some have been stated, some haven't. The PSN store is a lot better than xbl market place, you don't have to put such hefty amounts on, and dollars/quids is easier than ms points. The PS3 also has a lot more tasty exclusives, not saying the 360 doesnt, but the tasty ratio is a lot higher with PS3. Ignore what that guy said though, PS3 doesnt have better graphics, 360 and PS3 both preform at the same outputs.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Getting a PS3, or 360 is totally up to you. What console has the games you want?

What you should be doing is doing a little research on both systems to find out what works out better for you. Coming here and posting you'll find lots of bias, and half truths on both sides. So then it comes down to people who has both systems, and then from there it'll come down to personal preference. So YOU need to find out which system is better for you, not just because so and so said it's better.

Or you could do like me, go buy both systems and don't you don't have to worry about any of this junk. XD

Zet

Years
  • PS3, you don't have to pay 2 play online with your friends, you can increase the storage space to like 500GB+ if you know what you're doing. And there's many other reasons that have been explained already.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back